normiss

Is America finally ready to talk about guns?

SkyDekker

You want to really lower gun deaths - legalize drugs.

Agreed. Meth and PCP are great combinations with firearms.

Ok you got me, I'll be more specific about what drugs should be legalized when YOUR more specific about what gun law's from other country would work here.:S

Within 30 to 40 years, really none of them. Too many weapons already in circulation. Quite frankly your founding fathers fucked up royally and have helped create one of the more violent societies in the developed world.

If you want to possibly make things better in a few decades you would have to repeal the 2nd Amendment etc. Don't think that will ever happen. There are no realistic and effective short term solutions.

Thanks

This post reminds me why I waste so little time on you
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

Ok big guy - let's hear you great thoughts on just HOW the founding fathers fucked up given the time that they wrote the 2 amendment. I'm serious, given the intent - tell me what they should have done different.

Not enshrine the right to bear arms in the constitution. It was well meant and well intended, but has turned out to be a major problem.

Horse shit. The constitution has been changed and can be changed - you know that. It's the far RIGHT A-N-D far LEFT that is fucking the whole process up. Middle ground is impossible and it doesn't having much of shit to do with the second amendment. Common sense control - somewhat like Canada has COULD pass in America but the left wants "no guns" and the right wants "machine guns"

Hence why I said there realistically is no chance.

I know the founding father's are pretty much untouchable. Which really just makes the situation even more difficult. Many people seem to think that because the founding father's thought it was a great then, it still is a great idea now.

SkyDekker

Ok big guy - let's hear you great thoughts on just HOW the founding fathers fucked up given the time that they wrote the 2 amendment. I'm serious, given the intent - tell me what they should have done different.

Not enshrine the right to bear arms in the constitution. It was well meant and well intended, but has turned out to be a major problem.

The US Bill of Rights was basically a re-write of the English BoR of 1689 with some tweaking, mostly related to religion (for example, the 1689 version restricts gun ownership to protestants). The US BoR did not represent a fundamental change from what came before.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

No, the BofR wasn't that new, but the structure of a government based on a constitution, and a constitution alone, was fairly new. The inclusion of the BofR into its structure was a nice way to ensure that the constitution remained the basis -- already the founders (sacred or not) were willing to demonstrate that it should be reviewed with some regularity.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

kallend

There are no realistic and effective short term solutions.

Derek V

I wish the era would get it right. . .

It was a Sig MCX - not even an AR15:S

www.washingtonpost.com/news/checkpoint/wp/2016/06/14/the-gun-the-orlando-shooter-used-was-not-an-ar-15-that-doesnt-change-much/

Reported fatality: " . . . And the skydiver fell to his death from 15000ft. Her parachute didn't open."

reality - had a spinning mal under her reserve, after a line over and cutaway, where she took it to low before she fired her reserve while trying to clear it to cutaway.

But what do facts matter?
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

had a spinning mal under her reserve, after a line over and cutaway, where she took it to low before she fired her reserve while trying to clear it to cutaway.

That's your reality? No wonder.

Not to the dead skydiver.

SkyDekker

had a spinning mal under her reserve, after a line over and cutaway, where she took it to low before she fired her reserve while trying to clear it to cutaway.

That's your reality? No wonder.

***But what do facts matter?

Not to the dead skydiver.

You think facts don't matter to the living either, huh?
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama

turtlespeed

There are no realistic and effective short term solutions.

Derek V

I wish the era would get it right. . .

It was a Sig MCX - not even an AR15:S

www.washingtonpost.com/news/checkpoint/wp/2016/06/14/the-gun-the-orlando-shooter-used-was-not-an-ar-15-that-doesnt-change-much/

Reported fatality: " . . . And the skydiver fell to his death from 15000ft. Her parachute didn't open."

reality - had a spinning mal under her reserve, after a line over and cutaway, where she took it to low before she fired her reserve while trying to clear it to cutaway.

Shitty analogy. A more realistic one is:

Report: "Skydiver's canopy, a Sabre 150, opened in a spin"

Reality: "Skydiver's canopy, a Sabre II 150, opened in a spin".

Some facts.

In your case regarding a media report on a skydiving fatality, the parachute not opening is factually correct. Nothing more is really required for the general public.

For the skydivers and those trying to learn from this incident, many more facts are required to come to a conclusion.

In the shooting case, whether it was an AR 15 or a Sig Sauer MCX is an irrelevant fact. Like getting the plane model the skydiver in your example jumped from wrong.

SkyDekker

Some facts.

In your case regarding a media report on a skydiving fatality, the parachute not opening is factually correct. Nothing more is really required for the general public.

For the skydivers and those trying to learn from this incident, many more facts are required to come to a conclusion.

In the shooting case, whether it was an AR 15 or a Sig Sauer MCX is an irrelevant fact. Like getting the plane model the skydiver in your example jumped from wrong.

Actually - both - canopies opened.

Why do you hate facts? Are you channeling your inner XXXXXX?

Paul Ryan isn't. He turned off the cameras and microphones.

Censorship is not something that politicians who are confident of the righteousness of their beliefs bother with. If anticontrol lawmakers genuinely believe their abject fealty to the gun lobby is in the public interest, they should have no problem with debating gun-control proponents in front of the cameras. Likewise, if the Democrats who support gun control were really so misguided, the Republicans would presumably want the American people to see them Wednesday as they argued for a bad cause.

This picture seems to encapsulate the situation on gun culture in the US:

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/mum-shares-photo-of-three-year-old-daughter-practicing-for-mass-shooting-lockdown_uk_57694747e4b0d033a575f10b

Training 3yr olds at nursery school what to do in shooter lock-down?? I have a 3yr old and coincidentally just dropped him off at nursery school. This evening I'll ask him what he did today. I'm glad to live where the reply will not be "Daddy, we learned how to hide if a gunman comes into the school shooting & killing people".
"Pain is the best instructor, but no one wants to attend his classes"

Well, it has the added bonus of keeping guns out of the hands of observant Jews, without actually saying so.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

normiss

All religion. It's mental.
Funny when it's used for hate, like Ron's joke, when the joke is also on the religion he feels is the winner.
It's just insane.

they demonstrate less hate than you spew here daily...
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

RonD1120

An amusing meme

That's the third version of it that I've seen. You're late to the game, it's been going around for several months. Gun dealers are in it for both love and money. If one dealer won't sell to a Muslim another one will.
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.