turtlespeed

Next stop - Summer Olympics!

Apparently.

The NCAA and the International Olympic Committee both allow athletes to compete based on gender identification, provided that athletes who were born biologically male but identify as female are undergoing hormone replacement therapy.

- Dan G

DanG

Apparently.

The NCAA and the International Olympic Committee both allow athletes to compete based on gender identification, provided that athletes who were born biologically male but identify as female are undergoing hormone replacement therapy.

And the reality that any TG undergoing hormone therapy develops muscle mass appropriate to the assumed gender identity is completely ignored by the critics.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

wolfriverjoe

***Apparently.

And the reality that any TG undergoing hormone therapy develops muscle mass appropriate to the assumed gender identity is completely ignored by the critics.

So you are saying that a man, taking supplements to become a girl magically weakens and reduces muscle mass. Sure.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

turtlespeed

So you are saying that a man, taking supplements to become a girl magically weakens and reduces muscle mass.

Yes.

"Shortly after beginning HRT, MAAB trans people may start becoming more emotionally sensitive, especially to stress, though this is not a universal experience. Six to eight weeks after beginning hormone therapy, the first physical effects in MAAB trans people begin to appear. The first noticeable change is the beginnings of chest growth. Sometimes, this can be very painful. Acne usually begins to clear up, and skin becomes softer and less coarse. Balding ceases and some hair might even begin to grow back, though it is usually very fine. Body hair lessens and becomes finer. In some places (such as the stomach), it may disappear entirely. Gradually, body fat begins to redistribute from around the waist to the hips. Muscle mass starts to disappear, and it causes a noticeable loss in strength. The loss of muscle, though, gives the body a softer look and feel. Another thing to be expected with HRT is loss of sexual functioning. The external gonads generally shrink, it becomes harder to maintain an erection, and there is a loss of the ability to ejaculate." Source
Math tutoring available. Only $6! per hour! First lesson: Factorials!

turtlespeed

******Apparently.

So you are saying that a man, taking supplements to become a girl magically weakens and reduces muscle mass. Sure.

No. Nothing "magical" about it at all.

Science.

Post above me beat me to the actual scientific explanation.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

jcd11235

***So you are saying that a man, taking supplements to become a girl magically weakens and reduces muscle mass.

Yes.

"Shortly after beginning HRT, MAAB trans people may start becoming more emotionally sensitive, especially to stress, though this is not a universal experience. Six to eight weeks after beginning hormone therapy, the first physical effects in MAAB trans people begin to appear. The first noticeable change is the beginnings of chest growth. Sometimes, this can be very painful. Acne usually begins to clear up, and skin becomes softer and less coarse. Balding ceases and some hair might even begin to grow back, though it is usually very fine. Body hair lessens and becomes finer. In some places (such as the stomach), it may disappear entirely. Gradually, body fat begins to redistribute from around the waist to the hips. Muscle mass starts to disappear, and it causes a noticeable loss in strength. The loss of muscle, though, gives the body a softer look and feel. Another thing to be expected with HRT is loss of sexual functioning. The external gonads generally shrink, it becomes harder to maintain an erection, and there is a loss of the ability to ejaculate." Source

Those pesky facts again..... :D:D

yoink

******So you are saying that a man, taking supplements to become a girl magically weakens and reduces muscle mass.

Yes.

So we know that Wangyot taking hormone therapy is a fact?

I agree there is a real issue here;
Yes, HRT reduces muscle strength in FTM TG's.

But think about this; As opposed to regular doping in sports, this opens the door to what I'll call "anti-doping"; i.e. taking less than the normal dosage of the female hormones in order to gain an advantage.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

But think about this; As opposed to regular doping in sports, this opens the door to what I'll call "anti-doping"; i.e. taking less than the normal dosage of the female hormones in order to gain an advantage.

Gender verification is significantly more involved than just indicating which gender your identify with. Further more, the gender verification process doesn't move particularly swift either.

Read up on Caster Semenya as an example.

Randolph is part of the family, and he self-identifies as human.

For him to be kept out of track competition because of antiquated and bigoted notions of what constitutes a "person" is heartless and ignorant.

I say let Randolph try out for the Olympics, so that we can be sure of the Gold in anything up to a kilometer.

NewGuy2005

And you also know that it is a fact that even though muscle mass decreases, it decreases to a point that she will have no competitive advantage over the other girls?

Is it a fact that scholarships, team positions, sponsorships and all the other rewards of athletic excellence will be awarded in a manner that is perfectly and factually fair?

What I am getting at is not that I have a problem with TG people or including them into society wherever they want to be included. What I am getting at is that I hate weak arguments.

It's certainly true in the case of the two TG women I know.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

jcd11235

***So you are saying that a man, taking supplements to become a girl magically weakens and reduces muscle mass.

Yes.

Jeeze. . .

Do you get an increased life expectancy with all that as well?
Never was there an answer....not without listening, without seeing - Gilmour