winsor

The Politics of Fear/Anger

gowlerk

Syria was a good country! I just wanted weed man!

Middle east politics is troubling. Sometime in the mid 70's my source of red Lebanese hash dried up. Even the blonde and the Moroccan stuff was gone. All because of those confusing civil wars. I never did like the black Pakistani stuff nearly as much. Even if some of it did have opium streaks in it.

Opium content in the double gold seal Paki black was/is an urban myth.

Nobody with opium would waste it on hashish. The streaks were/are the result of processing.

>>>What part of giving personhood status to fetus's and zygotes thus
>>>bypassing the supreme court "upholding the U.S. Constitution"?

>>I'm pretty sure Ron is trolling again because no-one is that dumb.

>There are some here who are

Now THAT is funny.

turtlespeed

***Damn straight that's funny

I don't find anything about abortion to be funny.

nor do I. But what he insinuates is funny as hell

In a sick way
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

Bypassing the SC???? WTF dude.....

http://www.addictinginfo.org/2015/12/08/ted-cruz-screw-the-supreme-court-ill-outlaw-abortion-anyway-video/

Disclaimer...this is a heavily biased article, but it has a link to the video of Cruz saying they don't have to wait for Roe V. Wade to be overturned. Thus bypassing the SC.
“That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence.”

billvon

>Cruz is the only candidate campaigning on upholding the U.S. Constitution.

Except for Article 2, Section 1 of course. And Article 2, section 2. And the First Amendment. But other than that, he will strictly uphold the Constitution! Well, not the Eighth Amendment. Or some of those other ones.

But definitely the Second Amendment. No doubt about that.

Article 2; S 1: That is not applicable unless the courts say it is.

Article 2; S 2: I see no conflict here.

Amendment 1: I see no conflict here.

Amendment 8: Not relevant at all.

Looks like you are shooting in the dark.

I have to choose one candidate. If Cruz does not make the nomination, rest assured I will cast my final ballot for Trump... or Rubio.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

RonD1120

***>Cruz is the only candidate campaigning on upholding the U.S. Constitution.

Except for Article 2, Section 1 of course. And Article 2, section 2. And the First Amendment. But other than that, he will strictly uphold the Constitution! Well, not the Eighth Amendment. Or some of those other ones.

I have to choose one candidate. If Cruz does not make the nomination, rest assured I will cast my final ballot for Trump... or Rubio.

I think Kim Jong Un is a better choice than Hillary. At least everyone would do whatever it takes to keep him on a leash, but HRC is given way more credit than she has, in fact, earned.

Anyone but Hillary is going to be 'hold your nose and vote,' simply to keep her out of power. The alternatives all suck out loud (Cruz is 3% better than HRC at best).

winsor

******>Cruz is the only candidate campaigning on upholding the U.S. Constitution.

I think Kim Jong Un is a better choice than Hillary. At least everyone would do whatever it takes to keep him on a leash, but HRC is given way more credit than she has, in fact, earned.

Anyone but Hillary is going to be 'hold your nose and vote,' simply to keep her out of power. The alternatives all suck out loud (Cruz is 3% better than HRC at best).

Who do you like thus far in this drama?
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

winsor

I think Kim Jong Un is a better choice than Hillary.

Is that why she was wearing his jacket in the debate last night?

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

RonD1120

*********>Cruz is the only candidate campaigning on upholding the U.S. Constitution.

I find any and all of them nauseating, for various reasons and to different extents.

I think Hillary is evil.

I think Sanders is both naive and arithmetically illiterate.

I think Cruz is just another extrusion from Harvard Law.

I'm underwhelmed by Rubio. I found him so unimpressive right out of the gate that I have not seen fit to reexamine his potential.

I was impressed that Bush was the person to have in charge when hurricanes Frances and Jeanne went overhead, but I sincerely doubt that he has the skillset to do well on the world stage. His brother seemed to be reasonably competent when Governor of Texas, but he was out of his league in the Oval Office.

Kasich, similarly, seems quite competent as Chief Executive of Ohio, where getting results is akin to herding cats. I am unconvinced that he has the combination of global and historical perspective, economic system understanding, charisma, humor, managerial skills, credibility and raw cunning necessary to pull it all together in the White house.

Trump is the worst kind of political joke. The only saving graces of his that come to mind are that people who view Obama as a pussy could worry that Trump might summarily rain on their parade, and, should he decide to do so, he might turn a profit in doing so.

He seems like the kind of person that gives Americans a richly deserved bad name, but it would be nice to have someone in charge who understood how to generate wealth (at least for himself).

The idea that you can get rich by spending other people's money works if he would fund our hegemony with other countries' treasuries. If he viewed the U.S. Government as being simply one more organization that he could bankrupt while retaining his own golden parachute, not so good.

We find ourselves like being in an aircraft descending at 12,000 fpm through 1,000 feet, where who takes the controls basically changes only the angle of impact. Our economy has such downward momentum that 'recovery' as we understand it is not a viable option. If we had elected the Mormon in the last go around (boy, is that guy charismatic!), we might have had a chance to limit the damage. I do not think we have anyone this time with the skills and chutzpah to pull it off, and I think we are too far gone in any event (run the numbers).

I wish I was wrong, but see no indication that that is the case.

It was fun while it lasted.

BSBD,

Winsor

>Article 2; S 1: That is not applicable unless the courts say it is.

So he won't uphold that part of the Constitution unless the courts make him.

>Article 2; S 2: I see no conflict here.

"The President . . . shall appoint Ambassadors, other public Ministers and Consuls, Judges of the supreme Court, and all other Officers of the United States."

What does Ted want?
===========================
Ted Cruz is plowing ahead with an effort to subject Supreme Court justices to elections, tapping into conservative anger toward the court after last month's rulings preserving the Affordable Care Act and making same-sex marriage legal nationwide.

After calling publicly for retention elections for the justices, the senator from Texas and Republican presidential candidate convened a Senate hearing on Wednesday to discuss "possible solutions" to the Supreme Court's "activism."

>Amendment 1: I see no conflict here.

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion"

=========
Cruz . . .told CNN’s Dana Bash he would introduce a bill banning Syrian Muslim refugees from the United States.
========

>Amendment 8: Not relevant at all.

" Excessive bail shall not be required, nor excessive fines imposed, nor cruel and unusual punishments inflicted."

=============
Sen. John McCain criticized the leading Republican presidential candidates Tuesday for their positive statements on waterboarding and torture, calling such comments “loose talk” that goes against American values.

In the GOP presidential debate Saturday night, Donald Trump, the front-runner in Tuesday’s New Hampshire primary, said he would bring back waterboarding and “a hell of a lot worse than waterboarding” if elected president. Sen. Ted Cruz, who won the Iowa caucuses last week, said that waterboarding didn’t amount to torture, but is simply enhanced interrogation,
=============

>Looks like you are shooting in the dark.

Looks like, in a manner similar to others who wave the Constitution at every opportunity, you don't actually know what's in it.

>I have to choose one candidate. If Cruz does not make the nomination,
>rest assured I will cast my final ballot for Trump... or Rubio.

There was never any doubt about that. You will vote for any candidate with an R after their name.

billvon

>Waterboarding is not torture.

Well, that settles it. John McCain thinks it is, but what the hell does he know? He doesn't have your experience with torture.

So John McCain is the all knowing then
Good for you

He can give you your opinion
I will have my own
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

rushmc

***>Waterboarding is not torture.

Well, that settles it. John McCain thinks it is, but what the hell does he know? He doesn't have your experience with torture.

So John McCain is the all knowing then
Good for you

He can give you your opinion
I will have my own

How about two guys who really were waterboarded?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qUkj9pjx3H0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zoqmH49VBC0
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

What does the word "enhanced" mean in enhanced interrogation? It means something outside of the ordinary meaning of interrogation is added. That something is torture. I can't believe that such simple playing with words fools you, unless you simply want to be fooled.
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

Car batteries don't hurt, it's just interrogation.
God should have made your arms bend backwards anyway.

I love when we have a number of people who have actually been tortured explain what it is, to those who haven't, yet they still refuse facts.
The common trait! Refusal of truth and factual evidence.

winsor

************>Cruz is the only candidate campaigning on upholding the U.S. Constitution.

I find any and all of them nauseating, for various reasons and to different extents.

I think Hillary is evil.

I think Sanders is both naive and arithmetically illiterate.

I think Cruz is just another extrusion from Harvard Law.

I'm underwhelmed by Rubio. I found him so unimpressive right out of the gate that I have not seen fit to reexamine his potential.

I was impressed that Bush was the person to have in charge when hurricanes Frances and Jeanne went overhead, but I sincerely doubt that he has the skillset to do well on the world stage. His brother seemed to be reasonably competent when Governor of Texas, but he was out of his league in the Oval Office.

Kasich, similarly, seems quite competent as Chief Executive of Ohio, where getting results is akin to herding cats. I am unconvinced that he has the combination of global and historical perspective, economic system understanding, charisma, humor, managerial skills, credibility and raw cunning necessary to pull it all together in the White house.

Trump is the worst kind of political joke. The only saving graces of his that come to mind are that people who view Obama as a pussy could worry that Trump might summarily rain on their parade, and, should he decide to do so, he might turn a profit in doing so.

He seems like the kind of person that gives Americans a richly deserved bad name, but it would be nice to have someone in charge who understood how to generate wealth (at least for himself).

The idea that you can get rich by spending other people's money works if he would fund our hegemony with other countries' treasuries. If he viewed the U.S. Government as being simply one more organization that he could bankrupt while retaining his own golden parachute, not so good.

We find ourselves like being in an aircraft descending at 12,000 fpm through 1,000 feet, where who takes the controls basically changes only the angle of impact. Our economy has such downward momentum that 'recovery' as we understand it is not a viable option. If we had elected the Mormon in the last go around (boy, is that guy charismatic!), we might have had a chance to limit the damage. I do not think we have anyone this time with the skills and chutzpah to pull it off, and I think we are too far gone in any event (run the numbers).

I wish I was wrong, but see no indication that that is the case.

It was fun while it lasted.

BSBD,

Winsor

Yeah, I agree but, there is a part of me that wants to maintain some glimmer of hope.

billvon

>Article 2; S 1: That is not applicable unless the courts say it is.

So he won't uphold that part of the Constitution unless the courts make him.

"Natural Citizen" is not yet defined.

>Article 2; S 2: I see no conflict here.

"The President . . . shall appoint Ambassadors, other public Ministers and Consuls, Judges of the supreme Court, and all other Officers of the United States."

What does Ted want?
Ted Cruz is plowing ahead with an effort to subject Supreme Court justices to elections, tapping into conservative anger toward the court after last month's rulings preserving the Affordable Care Act and making same-sex marriage legal nationwide.

After calling publicly for retention elections for the justices, the senator from Texas and Republican presidential candidate convened a Senate hearing on Wednesday to discuss "possible solutions" to the Supreme Court's "activism."

Legitimate discussion on "possible solutions", not a problem. Do you fear executive orders now?

>Amendment 1: I see no conflict here.

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion"

=========
Cruz . . .told CNN’s Dana Bash he would introduce a bill banning Syrian Muslim refugees from the United States.
========

Not a problem, bills are introduced to state a position. That does not make them law.

>Amendment 8: Not relevant at all.

" Excessive bail shall not be required, nor excessive fines imposed, nor cruel and unusual punishments inflicted."

=============
Sen. John McCain criticized the leading Republican presidential candidates Tuesday for their positive statements on waterboarding and torture, calling such comments “loose talk” that goes against American values.

In the GOP presidential debate Saturday night, Donald Trump, the front-runner in Tuesday’s New Hampshire primary, said he would bring back waterboarding and “a hell of a lot worse than waterboarding” if elected president. Sen. Ted Cruz, who won the Iowa caucuses last week, said that waterboarding didn’t amount to torture, but is simply enhanced interrogation,
=============

I agree with rushmc, waterboarding is not torture. Inducing fear to gain information is standard interrogation.

>Looks like you are shooting in the dark.

Looks like, in a manner similar to others who wave the Constitution at every opportunity, you don't actually know what's in it.

I see no violations of the Constitution in your examples, only the fear of conservative violations to counter the liberal violations already in place.

>I have to choose one candidate. If Cruz does not make the nomination,
>rest assured I will cast my final ballot for Trump... or Rubio.

There was never any doubt about that. You will vote for any candidate with an R after their name.

I grew up and served in the military during a time when socialism was America's enemy.

Please explain the difference between socialism and the Democratic Party.

kallend

***Waterboarding is not torture.

So why did we hang Japanese troops who waterboarded POWs?

Revenge, to the victor belong the spoils. We were still pissed about Pearl Harbor.

I grew up and served in the military during a time when socialism was America's enemy.

The enemy was Communism, and it is not the same. As you well know.
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

gowlerk

The enemy was Communism, and it is not the same. As you well know.

Nazi Germany was socialist.

Progressive = Socialism = Communism

It is the time frame that differs.