PhreeZone

Next to bow out?

Rstanley0312

Carson is just going to hang around for a bit I guess but he isn't doing anything. He is helping pul support from non-Trump candidates though.

Interesting take on WHY Carson is still hanging around. It's making a lot of money for some of his aides.

www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2016/02/ben-carson-thinks-maybe-his-campaign-was-a-scam/470715/

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

normiss

Here I was thinking Rick Scott as Trump's running mate was the strangest thing I would hear today.
:D:D:D:S

“Truth is stranger than fiction, but it is because Fiction is obliged to stick to possibilities; Truth isn't.”; Mark Twain

kallend

*** Carson is just going to hang around for a bit I guess but he isn't doing anything. He is helping pul support from non-Trump candidates though.

Interesting take on WHY Carson is still hanging around. It's making a lot of money for some of his aides.

www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2016/02/ben-carson-thinks-maybe-his-campaign-was-a-scam/470715/

That isn't the first time that's been suggested. And Carson isn't the first candidate to have the issue raised.
Rick Perry's campaign had similar questions asked.

Basically, they asked "Is he really serious about running for president, or is he just using it as a reason for fundraising so that he can hire his friends and family and pay them the money?"
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

kallend

*** Carson is just going to hang around for a bit I guess but he isn't doing anything. He is helping pul support from non-Trump candidates though.

That makes sense when you consider he also allowed himself to be used as a snake oil salesman.

http://www.esquire.com/news-politics/politics/news/a39465/ben-carson-mannatech/
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

This race is about done because of Kasich/Carson types that have no business being in the race still. Trump has a deep 1/3 of the GOP votes which are the low info, racist, etc. voters with some exception. Cruz is bleeding out but he will stay in bc he has the money and Rubio who would beat Hillary most likely and is the most acceptable that is still in will find it hard to overcome the Trump advantage with all of the others in.

Tuesday is all proportional. If Cruz loses Texas he may get out and the other two idiots might as well leading us to a true 1 v 1 between Rubio & Cruz with the winner take all states next. A fractured field is actually good for Tuesday bc it keeps trump below the 50% threshold. After that it is a knife to the heart. We will know who the GOP nom is in the next two weeks.

If it is Trump v Hillary, this moderate conservative will not vote except for the down ticket and Hillary will probably win. Hillary facing the FBI investigation and Trump facing court for fraud bc of "Trump Univ.". What a world......
Life is all about ass....either you're kicking it, kissing it, working it off, or trying to get a piece of it.
Muff Brother #4382 Dudeist Skydiver #000
www.fundraiseadventure.com

Rstanley0312

...Trump facing court for fraud bc of "Trump Univ."

Well, this is interesting!
https://www.yahoo.com/politics/with-gop-nomination-looming-trump-slated-to-take-191550876.html

CNN story: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBKfG2GemX0
(It names THREE lawsuits).
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

ryoder

***...Trump facing court for fraud bc of "Trump Univ."

Well, this is interesting!
https://www.yahoo.com/politics/with-gop-nomination-looming-trump-slated-to-take-191550876.html

CNN story: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBKfG2GemX0
(It names THREE lawsuits).

Ya... and nobody knows about it. How is that possible? $250 million + spent on attack ads from Super Pacs and only 4% of those spent on attacking Trump. Rubio has been hit with the big majority of them.

I do not know why nobody is going after Trump. His "record" is that of a crony capitalist... I mean the very definition of one.
Life is all about ass....either you're kicking it, kissing it, working it off, or trying to get a piece of it.

SkyDekker

His "record" is that of a crony capitalist... I mean the very definition of one.

Why would anybody attack the American Dream.

The American dream used to be about the ability to make something of yourself from nothing. Now it's about being born with a silver spoon, getting your way your whole life, boasting about it, having your own reality tv show and then running for president? Such times we live in.

Be humble, ask questions, listen, learn, follow the golden rule, talk when necessary, and know when to shut the fuck up.

masterblaster72

The American dream used to be about the ability to make something of yourself from nothing.

...the logical conclusion of which, is to have an offspring that also has nothing.
Never was there an answer....not without listening, without seeing - Gilmour

Is Rubio next to go? He was doing OK until he chose to get down in the gutter with Trump. Now he looks like a loser.

The problem with that tactic was that (a) he couldn't compete with Trump on The Master's own turf without looking stupid, vile, out of character and nasty, and (b) Trump has all the voters who like that stuff locked in already.

turtlespeed

He lost the small hands demographic.

He never had the, democrats did he?

It did hurt Rubio but it also hurt Trump. The questions is, can Rubio pivot and win Florida. PR was a huge win and forcasts a win in Florida. I think at the next debate you will see Rubio back to hs old self with soaring inspirational rhetoric. If he wins Florida, new ballgame.

It is hilarious that the pressure is on Rubio and not Kasich. It makes no sense. Kasich hasn't done anthing and his delegates make it impossible for him to win.

Only play that Kasich has left is if he can win Ohio and Michigan then he can position himself as a solid VP candidate that could help win some of the critical swing states in the Midwest. If Kasich fails to win those states then he's out of that option as well. He's been bleeding votes away from Rubio right now and costed a lot of delegates and potentially a few primaries so I don't see Rubio being a nice guy and putting him as his VP if that would ever happen. But I see Cruz needing someone that appeals to a different demographic so Ted might end up picking him as a VP to "unify the party" down the road. Cruz gained a lot of momentum over the weekend with a few more state wins so he's not going to be dropping out at any point.

Here is where I see votes going if candidates drop out:

Kasich voters seem most likely to go to Rubio with a secondary option of Cruz.
Rubio voters seem most likely to go to Cruz with a secondary option of not voting.
Cruz voters seem most likely to go to Trump with a secondary option of Rubio.
Trump voters are most likely to go to Cruz with a secondary option of not voting.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

PhreeZone

Only play that Kasich has left is if he can win Ohio and Michigan then he can position himself as a solid VP candidate that could help win some of the critical swing states in the Midwest. If Kasich fails to win those states then he's out of that option as well. He's been bleeding votes away from Rubio right now and costed a lot of delegates and potentially a few primaries so I don't see Rubio being a nice guy and putting him as his VP if that would ever happen. But I see Cruz needing someone that appeals to a different demographic so Ted might end up picking him as a VP to "unify the party" down the road. Cruz gained a lot of momentum over the weekend with a few more state wins so he's not going to be dropping out at any point.

Here is where I see votes going if candidates drop out:

Kasich voters seem most likely to go to Rubio with a secondary option of Cruz.
Rubio voters seem most likely to go to Cruz with a secondary option of not voting.
Cruz voters seem most likely to go to Trump with a secondary option of Rubio.
Trump voters are most likely to go to Cruz with a secondary option of not voting.

I do not think Kasich will win Michigan and Ohio but maybe Ohio. The sad thing is that he stays in even with an Ohio only win which is a joke. I am voting for himin Ohio to stop Trump but am second guessing myself as of late. Cruz has no path after this weekend. His states are done and he is a very hard sell in a general.

I cannot and will not vote for any ticket with Trump on it and will be very disappointed in a ticket with Cruz at the top.

This country really is going down the crapper with Hillary on one side and Trump/Cruz on the other.

Rstanley0312

This country really is going down the crapper with Hillary on one side and Trump/Cruz on the other.

It's the natural outcome of Supreme Court decisions that have, among other things, declared that money is speech and that corporations are persons.