jgoose71

HR4269 the 2015 "Assault Weapons" ban

HR 4269 in the house. I put "Assault Weapons" in quotes, but it's pretty much all semi-automatic rifles, handguns, and shotguns.

We all know that at this point it probably will not go anywhere, but I just wanted to make everybody aware of it. While it does have a grandfather clause, it does give multiple occasions for confiscation. A brief summary of it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3xT3QWc_kfs

Now when ever Obama or any other liberal says they don't want to take your guns away, go ahead and call them lying ass-clowns. They are always trying.

Anyway, I made this thread as more for informational purposes, I don't really expect it to go anywhere.

And I hope all the liberal representatives that signed on to this thing get kicked out of office.
"There is an art, it says, or, rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."
Life, the Universe, and Everything

jgoose71

HR 4269 in the house. I put "Assault Weapons" in quotes, but it's pretty much all semi-automatic rifles, handguns, and shotguns.

We all know that at this point it probably will not go anywhere, but I just wanted to make everybody aware of it. While it does have a grandfather clause, it does give multiple occasions for confiscation. A brief summary of it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3xT3QWc_kfs

Now when ever Obama or any other liberal says they don't want to take your guns away, go ahead and call them lying ass-clowns. They are always trying.

Anyway, I made this thread as more for informational purposes, I don't really expect it to go anywhere.

And I hope all the liberal representatives that signed on to this thing get kicked out of office.

Obama and Hillary have BOTH say they would like an Australian type gun buy back program
What they and their media do not tell you? It was a mandatory buy back program.
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

mandatory buy back? Quote and source for that please.

I would like to see more buy-back programs, melt down unwanted firearms and pay $$ for people to turn in the unwanted guns. Would do society a lot of good. And has zero infringement on anyone else's right to own a gun.

And stupid laws like this... http://money.cnn.com/2015/10/21/news/police-selling-seized-guns/

If that gun has a rightful owner, then fine, get it back to that owner. If it does not, then crush them and melt them down.

tkhayes

mandatory buy back? Quote and source for that please.

I would like to see more buy-back programs, melt down unwanted firearms and pay $$ for people to turn in the unwanted guns. Would do society a lot of good. And has zero infringement on anyone else's right to own a gun.

And stupid laws like this... http://money.cnn.com/2015/10/21/news/police-selling-seized-guns/

If that gun has a rightful owner, then fine, get it back to that owner. If it does not, then crush them and melt them down.

Nothing said about unwated

It was no choice
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

The Australian gun buy back was mandatory
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_buyback_program

While HR4269 does not have a mandatory gun buy back, Hilary would support one.
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2015/10/25/hillary_clinton_and_gun_buybacks_128539.html

Granted, right now she is pandering to the far left, but she has proven over and over again she can't be trusted.
"There is an art, it says, or, rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."

It was in fact mandatory. Rush's statement of "what they won't tell you" seems a bit pointless, it's not like any of this is a great secret. Weapon's of type "x" became illegal, there was an amnesty period and during that time you could hand your weapons in and get compensated financially.

Some people went the route of buying lengths of pvc pipe and end caps and doing some digging in the backyard, most took the cash.
You are playing chicken with a planet - you can't dodge and planets don't blink. Act accordingly.

Bill was introduced to the House on 12/16/2105 and referred to the House Judiciary Committee on the same date. So far, records indicate no further action has been take by the Committee. Chance are this bill will not make it out of Committee for a vote on the Floor.

mistercwood

It was in fact mandatory. Rush's statement of "what they won't tell you" seems a bit pointless, it's not like any of this is a great secret. Weapon's of type "x" became illegal, there was an amnesty period and during that time you could hand your weapons in and get compensated financially.

Some people went the route of buying lengths of pvc pipe and end caps and doing some digging in the backyard, most took the cash.

I think Rush's point is that most Americans are ignorant to how it went down, and the American media wants to keep them that way. It makes it easier to pass similar legislation in the US.

It was never claimed that there would be such a program put in place due to this legislation.

It seems to me that all they are also saying is that based on statements made by these politicians, it is believable that they would support such a program.
--
Rob

tkhayes

The CDC published a study in 2013 that noted that guy buyback programs are ineffective in reducing crime.

If someone wants to turn in a firearm they're uncomfortable having, that's their right. I think it's silly spending tax dollars on those programs as a way to reduce crime.
--
Rob

rhaig

It was never claimed that there would be such a program put in place due to this legislation.

It seems to me that all they are also saying is that based on statements made by these politicians, it is believable that they would support such a program.

That's his posting MO.

tkhayes

Source please

Here: https://www.congress.gov/bill/114th-congress/house-bill/4269/text?q=%7B%22search%22%3A%5B%22%5C%22hr4269%5C%22%22%5D%7D&resultIndex=1

Quote: "It shall be unlawful for a person to import, sell, manufacture, transfer, or possess, in or affecting interstate or foreign commerce, a semiautomatic assault weapon."

124 co-sponsors.

Sure, no one is trying to take our guns... That's what Obama told us!

tkhayes

I would like to see more buy-back programs, melt down unwanted firearms and pay $$ for people to turn in the unwanted guns. Would do society a lot of good.

News: http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2013/01/12/gun-buybacks-popular-but-ineffective/1829165/

Quote: "The rifles, pistols and shotguns always look impressive when they're displayed at news conferences celebrating the end of gun buyback campaigns. Spread across tables or piled high into overflowing stacks, all those weapons reinforce the notion that trading cash for guns works. It gets guns off the street, organizers say, and makes the city safer. The problem, according to years of research, is that it does neither."

rhaig

The CDC published a study in 2013 that noted that guy buyback programs are ineffective in reducing crime.

Human trafficking of men? :P
Is this only open to married people? Sound cheaper than divorce. ;)

Do agree with you, but the typo was too good to pass up. :)
Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

tkhayes

I would like to see more buy-back programs, melt down unwanted firearms and pay $$ for people to turn in the unwanted guns. Would do society a lot of good.

Ya, and maybe all those in other countries can donate some money since they seem more interested in my firearms than I am - they can pay a premium...

But seriously, I think a "Crack for Guns" program would be more practical.
Never was there an answer....not without listening, without seeing - Gilmour

A number of folks i know have set up outside buy backs in the Milwaukee area offering to purchase guns from folks before they get into the building where the buy back is taking place. They've been minimally successfull. They've had a few nice finds of high value antique firearms that the people were more than willing to sell in a private party transaction for more than the buy back was offering, but most of the guns that end up at these events are highly damaged/corroded/disassembled/etc or are just junky cheap crap like Hi-points that no respectable gun enthusiast would be interested in. In fact I've heard of other guys taking junky/broken guns that they picked up cheap to these events just to get money because nobody else would buy them and it was better money than throwing them away, then going and buying ammo with the proceeds. Great way to get rid of that junky old wall hanger grandpa had over the fireplace for 40 years.

kawisixer01

A number of folks i know have set up outside buy backs in the Milwaukee area offering to purchase guns from folks before they get into the building where the buy back is taking place. They've been minimally successfull. They've had a few nice finds of high value antique firearms that the people were more than willing to sell in a private party transaction for more than the buy back was offering, but most of the guns that end up at these events are highly damaged/corroded/disassembled/etc or are just junky cheap crap like Hi-points that no respectable gun enthusiast would be interested in. In fact I've heard of other guys taking junky/broken guns that they picked up cheap to these events just to get money because nobody else would buy them and it was better money than throwing them away, then going and buying ammo with the proceeds. Great way to get rid of that junky old wall hanger grandpa had over the fireplace for 40 years.

I've got a 40 year old broken Crossman BB gun I've been trying to get to a "buy back" program. None have opened in my state... :ph34r:

How it went down? Homicides down both in number and per capita. Robberies down per capita. Firearms used in homicides/robberies down. Zero mass shootings since.

http://www.aic.gov.au/dataTools/facts/vicViolentCol.html

And my personal favourite...destroying the argument that gun control only takes away guns from the law abiding.....

http://www.ibtimes.com.au/cost-illegal-firearms-australia-has-skyrocketed-criminals-now-do-gun-sharing-1378871

But I seriously doubt that will ever work in the U.S.
“That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence.”

And my personal favourite...destroying the argument that gun control only takes away guns from the law abiding..... http://www.ibtimes.com.au/...-gun-sharing-1378871

criminals now share guns and ammunitions because buying their own has gone impractical.

In other words, the criminals haven't been prevented from getting the guns they want with which to commit crimes. They've just gotten more creative.

The same Senate inquiry revealed there are about 260,000 shotguns and handguns on the "grey" or black markets as of 2012, so described because either their owners did not register them when the stricter 1996 National Firearms Agreement gun laws became enforced or people had bought them illegally. Also included in this description are those imported illegally, manufactured illegally or transferred illegally, such as through theft.

In other words, the confiscation from the law-abiding hasn't stopped the black market which is used by criminals.

But the ACC said the figures on illegal guns may be significantly higher than 260,000 as it admitted it is difficult to monitor them because of the nature of gun trafficking. "Obviously illegal importations are still happening

Ditto.

And you claim this as a sign of success of gun confiscation?

tonyhays

How it went down? Homicides down both in number and per capita. Robberies down per capita. Firearms used in homicides/robberies down. Zero mass shootings since.
http://www.aic.gov.au/dataTools/facts/vicViolentCol.html

So murder in Australia is down 20% since the high point in 2002.

Meanwhile, here in America, murder is down 50% over the last 20 years.
(See: http://extranosalley.com/?p=40867)

Thus, we have:
1) one place where guns were confiscated and had a murder reduction of 20%.
2) And we have another place where there are more guns than ever, and a murder reduction of 50%.

Liberal's conclusion: Yeah, it must be the guns that are responsible for murder!

normiss

New puppet?
:P

You jealous of the new guys? You don't know it but kallend, Amazon, and the others have been working you like a puppet for years, they even have you trained to follow along and post "+1", "touché", "bravo" etc. Behind their actual content. I have even recently pointed it out to you multiple times.