JohnnyMarko

Paris attacks: Shootings kill 18, hostage-taking at Bataclan arts centre

Baksteen

Good

One thing they do understand

Kill one of ours and we will kill a hundred of yours! Pound them into the ground France.

I can't see the video at work. However, Raqqa is a population centre so I think I can safely assume that "we" are not killing a hundred of "theirs".. probably just mostly hitting innocent civilians, thereby ironically fuelling any anti Western sympathies and quite possibly even fertilising the IS recruiting grounds.

But at least "we" are Being Seen Doing Something...

I'm not saying "we" should do NOTHING, it's just that I'm of the opinion that a well-placed sniper's bullet through the head of a few carefully selected specific individuals is so much cleaner and better than any type of cluster f... er, bombing.
Cut the head off the snake....

This airstrike destroying a large number of fuel trucks is likely a more effective response. If you read the article I posted earlier, that implied the best approach is to avoid giving ISIS the propaganda it needs/wants for recruitment while at the same time degrading it ability to function as a state.

In this case degrading it's ability to sell oil on the black market from the oil fields it has occupied.

http://news.yahoo.com/us-led-strikes-destroy-116-fuel-trucks-east-112617625.html

SkyDekker

the 130 claim is bull shit

Correct it is hyperbole. It takes the immensely long time of just over 3 days for you to get to 130.

112 people have been shot this month in Chi-Raq alone - it's a war zone! Some have called for the assistance of the national guard while others are relying on the abstinence of loose women to curb the death toll.
Never was there an answer....not without listening, without seeing - Gilmour

>Please explain how we can tell the difference so that we can neutralize the bad guys?

Simple. Terrorists use terror as a political weapon; they kill people and blow up buildings.

Muslims are just people of a different religion.

Here's a question for you - from altitude, how do you tell a Muslim from a Christian?

billvon

>Please explain how we can tell the difference so that we can neutralize the bad guys?

Simple. Terrorists use terror as a political weapon; they kill people and blow up buildings.

Here's a question for you - from altitude, how do you tell a Muslim from a Christian?

Look at them and say fuck allah, fuck Muhammad and observe their reaction.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

You tell an ISIS from a civilian by special forces, and other alphabet soup agencies that track down these people, and put a hellfire missle on their face. Well that's how it is usually.

Search hellfire missile video for some sweet freedom deliveries by drone.

>Look at them and say fuck allah, fuck Muhammad and observe their reaction.

OK. We can also show them a picture of someone urinating on a picture of Jesus and observe their reaction. If they react angrily in either case, we can "neutralize" them for being religious extremists.

>You are still going to have to deal with collateral damage and the Proportionality
>Doctrine when deciding to drop these missiles in areas where there could be civilian
>injuries and death.

An excellent way to avoid those civilian deaths (and an excellent way to avoid raising the next generation of anti-Americans whose parents were killed by America) is deciding to not drop those missiles in areas where there could be civilian injuries and deaths.

Once we start treating the innocent in other countries the same way we treat innocent people here (or more accurately the way we _used_ to treat innocent people here) we will deprive terrorists of their best weapon against us - resentment for US killings of civilians.

RonD1120

***>Please explain how we can tell the difference so that we can neutralize the bad guys?

That statement, right there, makes me put you in the same basket as a Muslim extremist that hates Christianity.

I just cannot wrap my mind around how a person lets themselves be so closed minded.v
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

At some point do you not feel the doctrines of war applying when we have a high level leader they have been tracking but can't kill for years, and they finally catch him out on the open with the possibility of a few civilian casualties.

Keep in mind this person has facilitated and directed the killings of possibly hundreds of people, and his death might cause a few civilian casualties, and prevent him from killing hundreds more.

I'm glad I don't have that job but someone does, and needs to.

>At some point do you not feel the doctrines of war applying when we have a
>high level leader they have been tracking but can't kill for years, and they finally
>catch him out on the open with the possibility of a few civilian casualties.

If we are at war with a country, then by all means, use the doctrine of war.

If we are not at war with a country, then we are obliged to use a higher standard.

billvon

>At some point do you not feel the doctrines of war applying when we have a
>high level leader they have been tracking but can't kill for years, and they finally
>catch him out on the open with the possibility of a few civilian casualties.

If we are at war with a country, then by all means, use the doctrine of war.

If we are not at war with a country, then we are obliged to use a higher standard.

Does that apply to Argentina?
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

billvon

>Look at them and say fuck allah, fuck Muhammad and observe their reaction.

OK. We can also show them a picture of someone urinating on a picture of Jesus and observe their reaction. If they react angrily in either case, we can "neutralize" them for being religious extremists.

You mean like the type of insults thrown at me and others here in SC by the Liberal Progressive-Islamofascists? Us Christians have gotten so use that since 2007 that it has no affect.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

normiss

So you're equally ok with "fuck god".
:S
I prefer fuck religion. It's the root of all evil.

As I posted to billvon, it no longer has any affect.

>You mean like the type of insults thrown at me and others here in SC by the
>Liberal Progressive-Islamofascists?

No. You were talking about a test to see if someone was a religious extremist. Surely you would not advocate testing someone else in a way you are not willing to be tested?

turtlespeed

******>Please explain how we can tell the difference so that we can neutralize the bad guys?

That statement, right there, makes me put you in the same basket as a Muslim extremist that hates Christianity.

I just cannot wrap my mind around how a person lets themselves be so closed minded.v

Having my life and the lives of family and friends threatened has a major bearing on my attitude.

Rest easy, I can wrap my mind around your rationale.

billvon

>You mean like the type of insults thrown at me and others here in SC by the
>Liberal Progressive-Islamofascists?

No. You were talking about a test to see if someone was a religious extremist. Surely you would not advocate testing someone else in a way you are not willing to be tested?

You can test away all you like. It has no affect. I originally asked a serious question and as usual it is now a personal attack.

We apparently have a reprieve, at least for now. Georgia Gov. Nathan Deal announced this afternoon no Syrian refugees here.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/cheats/2015/11/16/bataclan-bomber-had-past-terror-charges.html See item 3.

It looks like California is still wide open.