RMK

WTF is wrong with American police?

>NOTHING is wrong with our law enforcement.

When cops shoot six and seven year olds in the head for no valid reason . .

When cops kill themselves and try to make it look like it was a gang hit, when it was just to cover up their embezzlement . . .

When cops beat a man because his quadriplegic wife "refuses" a police order to stand up . . . .

Then there's something wrong with our law enforcement.

Does that mean there's something wrong with every cop? Far from it. The above are exceptions; most police are both good people and good cops. But they are absolutely problems that have to be dealt with. And all too often, such stories are buried and hidden to protect crooked cops.

That's changing now, now that almost everyone carries a camera/video recorder with them. And there will be some pain as the (natural) desire to protect a friend and fellow officer conflicts with the need to see such problems solved. But it's pain that we have to accept, because that's what it will take to solve the problems we are seeing now. Denial of the problems just leads to more of the same problems.

Jesus fucking Christ. I can't let you run away with that first line.

The cops did not know there was a kid in the car.....they shot at the suspect (in the wrong) and there happened to be a kid in the car they could not see. You saying it the way you are is fucking misleading at best!!!!!! It's not like they said Ooh look a 6 year old lets murder him with bullets to the head. God damn man...please try to be honest. You have plenty of facts and emotions to go on with the regular story without all that childish irresponsible media type writing.

For each of those cases would you then include how many stops or calls made by all police officers in that department for the shift that took place on. Then give me that ratio.

These are VERY isolated instances, if they truly took place according to the statement you gave for each. Are they ANY other extintuating circumstances involved?? Or maybe you believe that a police officer just saw a random 11 year old and shot him.

So many of these so called videos don't show the circumstances leading up to what was videod. But then that wouldn't make good story.
No matter how slowly you say oranges it never sounds like gullible.
Believe me I tried.

cvfd1399

Jesus fucking Christ. I can't let you run away with that first line.

The cops did not know there was a kid in the car.....they shot at the suspect (in the wrong) and there happened to be a kid in the car they could not see. You saying it the way you are is fucking misleading at best!!!!!! It's not like they said Ooh look a 6 year old lets murder him with bullets to the head. God damn man...please try to be honest. You have plenty of facts and emotions to go on with the regular story without all that childish irresponsible media type writing.

Interesting.

I was taught to ALWAYS identify my target and never EVER point a weapon at another human being for any other reason that to kill them and only then if you have no other choice.

I guess that is no longer a problem for the point and
BLAM
BLAM
BLAM
BLAM
BLAM
BLAM
BLAM
BLAM
BLAM
BLAM
BLAM
BLAM
BLAM
BLAM
BLAM
BLAM
BLAM

crowd.

cvfd1399

Sucks for the younger kids who were oblivious of their parents and siblings actions but must now suffer through the loss of a father and legal battle now.

Suffer through a legal battle? Only if they want to keep money that was elicited under false pretences, surely?
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

Amazon

***Jesus fucking Christ. I can't let you run away with that first line.

Interesting.

I was taught to ALWAYS identify my target and never EVER point a weapon at another human being for any other reason that to kill them and only then if you have no other choice.

I guess that is no longer a problem for the point and
BLAM
BLAM
BLAM
BLAM
BLAM
BLAM
BLAM
BLAM
BLAM
BLAM
BLAM
BLAM
BLAM
BLAM
BLAM
BLAM
BLAM

crowd.
Do you get paid by the hyperboyle or is like youtube you only get a check once you have reached a certain threshold.

promise5

For each of those cases would you then include how many stops or calls made by all police officers in that department for the shift that took place on. Then give me that ratio.

These are VERY isolated instances, if they truly took place according to the statement you gave for each. Are they ANY other extintuating circumstances involved?? Or maybe you believe that a police officer just saw a random 11 year old and shot him.

So many of these so called videos don't show the circumstances leading up to what was videod. But then that wouldn't make good story.

You’re not really coming across with any level of insight or intelligence on this topic. Not one single person on SC has ever said all police are bad/corrupt. However, the US does undoubtedly have a problem with police brutality in comparison to all advanced nations. There is undeniably a problem.

Does anyone need to see the precursor to a 230 lb policeman punching a 13yr old girl repeatedly, slamming an elderly man’s face into the ground or kicking a woman in the face when she is seated with her arms restrained behind her back – no its uncalled for (at least by anyone with a modicum of intelligence or empathy).

You go ahead and post your rebuttal videos of "lovely" policemen savings kittens from trees; it serves no purpose – we know there are well-meaning police in the US. If you are so agitated, go grab some statistical evidence showing that US police (overall) are less brutal and more professional than those of other advanced nations. Actually any use of math, on your part, would be a good start.
"Pain is the best instructor, but no one wants to attend his classes"

Have you read the title to this thread??
If that's not a blanket statement, I don't know what is.
Talk about lack of insight and intelligence.

I work EMS darling, and exactly WHAT do you do??
Believe me I tried.

RMK

***For each of those cases would you then include how many stops or calls made by all police officers in that department for the shift that took place on. Then give me that ratio.

You’re not really coming across with any level of insight or intelligence on this topic. Not one single person on SC has ever said all police are bad/corrupt. However, the US does undoubtedly have a problem with police brutality in comparison to all advanced nations. There is undeniably a problem.

Does anyone need to see the precursor to a 230 lb policeman punching a 13yr old girl repeatedly, slamming an elderly man’s face into the ground or kicking a woman in the face when she is seated with her arms restrained behind her back – no its uncalled for (at least by anyone with a modicum of intelligence or empathy).

You go ahead and post your rebuttal videos of "lovely" policemen savings kittens from trees; it serves no purpose – we know there are well-meaning police in the US. If you are so agitated, go grab some statistical evidence showing that US police (overall) are less brutal and more professional than those of other advanced nations. Actually any use of math, on your part, would be a good start.

No in fact Amazon has, and I called her out on using such a broadbrush to paint the police with, and suggested she surely would like to reply and correct her statements, and she never did to my knowledge, only made an excuse that she said that because I was lashing out or butthurt or something. So no you are wrong in that regard.

promise5

Have you read the title to this thread??
If that's not a blanket statement, I don't know what is.
Talk about lack of insight and intelligence.

Yes, I question what is wrong with policing in the US (I also used an acronym for "what the fuck" for style and emphasis purposes). This hasn't always been the case; this developed and increased over the past two decades

Reply with some thought if your feel strongly, not just folksy "gosh darnit" style phraseology.

>For each of those cases would you then include how many stops or calls made
>by all police officers in that department for the shift that took place on. Then
>give me that ratio.

I don't even have to do that; the ratio is very low. Like I said, most cops are good cops. A very few are not.

>Or maybe you believe that a police officer just saw a random 11 year old and
>shot him.

Nope. In the case of the 7 year old, a cop shot a sleeping kid. He said he was blinded by a grenade another cop had thrown in the room. First he claimed that the child's mother grabbed for his gun, but when no prints were found on it, he claimed that she just "brushed" the gun and it "just fired."

What really happened? We'll never know. He was acquitted of all charges.

>So many of these so called videos don't show the circumstances leading up to
>what was videod.

And other videos are suppressed because they do show what happened - and it's not good for the cop.

Hhhhmmm I don't remember using "gosh darn it".

Maybe just maybe instead of worrying yourself about what is wrong with our police force you look to your own countries police force. Oh wait I forgot they're probably isn't ANY corruption there.
Believe me I tried.

>Maybe just maybe instead of worrying yourself about what is wrong with our
>police force you look to your own countries police force.

I am sure there is someone there, just like yourself, who reacts very angrily if anyone suggests there might a problem with his country's police force.

That's quite a list.

If Promise5 is curious how this compares with say the UK. The answer is Two. Yes, we’ve had two police killings in the UK in 2015.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_killings_by_law_enforcement_officers_in_the_United_Kingdom

Here’s a comparison story. Yes, when this was printed we only had one killing, but had a second – yes a 100% increase; we’re oppressed like being in a fucking war zone.

http://metro.co.uk/2015/09/01/graphic-shows-how-many-people-have-been-killed-by-police-in-usa-compared-to-uk-5371271/

promise5

You mean someone that actually works with law enforcement and sees what they face everyday, instead of someone that doesn't.

I thought you lived in Alaska? If so, you have a state population of less than 750,000 and only about 3.5% of the population is black. Hardly a statistically significant sample to extrapolate across the full US.

promise5

You mean someone that actually works with law enforcement and sees what they face everyday, instead of someone that doesn't.

Your comments make it clear that you are part of the problem. Not in the way that cops that actively cover for bad actions by other cops are the problem, but your head in the sand denial of bad actions by cops doesn't help anyone, except bad cops. I'm sure there must not be any bad high school teachers either, despite arrests for attacking students, supplying them drugs, having sex with minor students, etc. And there really weren't any priests molesting boys -- just look at all the good things that priests do and what they have to put up with.