regulator

47 People shot in chicago over the weekend. WHAT A SUPRISE!!!

Still
Chicago is still one of the hardest places in the US to get, own and carry a weapon
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

rushmc

Still
Chicago is still one of the hardest places in the US to get, own and carry a weapon

Yes, really hard. Gee, I have to walk a whole 2 blocks from my house to find an ad for CCW training.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

kallend

***Still

Yes, really hard. Gee, I have to walk a whole 2 blocks from my house to find an ad for CCW training.

I still remember the camera battle
you?
Abraham Lincoln

kallend

The surge in shootings correlates with an increase in illegal guns. None of these murders have been committed by legal gun owners.

So what about the "good guy with a gun" theory? I guess that didn't work.

what an odd statement - you are advocating that good guys only get guns to go out and stop crime? I don't agree with that at all.

The fact that those with illegal guns are shooting each other certainly has nothing to do with citizens responsibly and legally owning private property like guns.

The lack of logic in politics is amazing - it's kind of like changing the oil in you car because the neighbor's dog barks too much.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

rehmwa

The surge in shootings correlates with an increase in illegal guns. None of these murders have been committed by legal gun owners.

what an odd statement - you are advocating that good guys only get guns to go out and stop crime? I don't agree with that at all.

"More Guns Less Crime"; John Lott (aka Mary Rosh). Surely you remember him/her.

kallend

*********A rise in incidents did not just occur this weekend, its a new trend for Chicago.

There is a 40% increase in shootings and 29% more homicides for the first part of this year.

The rate of unregistered or stolen guns recovered by Chicago police increased 22% in the first quarter of 2015 from the same period last year. Police have recovered more than 1,500 illegal guns this year, and first-quarter arrests for illegal gun possession increased 39%.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2015/04/01/chicago-murders-shootings/70787110/

So the gun restrictions were eliminated (2011) and concealed carry allowed (2014), and now there's a surge in shootings.

What a surprise.

Clearly not enough good guys with guns. Have you done your part?

kallend

***Still

I have ads on tv, and on roadside billboards for Dave N Busters. The nearest one to my house is 271 miles away in Houston, your point?

Postes r made from an iPad or iPhone. Spelling and gramhair mistakes guaranteed move along,

You know the whole gun thing from the right AND the left is so fucked up.

Why shouldn't I get to have a gun, carry a gun if I want? I've never been convicted of a felony, have no known mental issues (Well.....)

But.....

I don't mind a back ground check, finger print me and hell you can even keep my name on some list.....

I don't need a 50 cal machine gun, but I like my semi auto rifle.

Many here talk about how a good person with a gun wouldn't stand a chance because hell even cops who have been trained don't always "win"

No shit.

By why deny me my right to protect myself? I don't want to count on a LEO getting to me and mine quick enough to save me. I have no desire to be in a shoot out, but if it happens I'd sure like to have gun.
Kevin Keenan is my hero, a double FUP, he does so much with so little

Anvilbrother

******Still

I have ads on tv, and on roadside billboards for Dave N Busters. The nearest one to my house is 271 miles away in Houston, your point?

Fact is, you guys from the hinterlands have no fricking idea what goes on in Chicago yet you pontificate about it over and over and over again.

If I want to buy a gun and get a CCW it is no problem whatever.

kallend

*********Still

There are ads for Wall Drug, SD, in London, UK. Do you have a point?

Fact is, you guys from the hinterlands have no fricking idea what goes on in Chicago yet you pontificate about it over and over and over again.

Actually
My uncle has been telling me about Chicago for 30 years

It is a mucked up mess for the most part
Abraham Lincoln

rushmc

************Still

Actually

Must be why 30 Fortune 500 companies choose to be based in the area, and we have one of the world's top 5 symphony orchestras, one of the world's best art museums, and one of the world's best natural history museums.

Well, there's also the Cubs, but we southsiders don't talk about that.

kallend

***Still

Then after you complete the training you have to do a back ground check, get signed off by the police chief, make a payment to excersize your constitutional right, write an essay justifying why you need (not just want) to excersize your constitutional right, and then get stabbed to death waiting for approval.
"There is an art, it says, or, rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."
Life, the Universe, and Everything

jgoose71

******Still

Then after you complete the training you have to do a back ground check, get signed off by the police chief, make a payment to excersize your constitutional right, write an essay justifying why you need (not just want) to excersize your constitutional right, and then get stabbed to death waiting for approval.

Gee must be REALLY HARD. Over 20,000 issued in the first 5 months they were available.

I guess Chicagoans are more literate than some would have you believe.

kallend

*********Still

Gee must be REALLY HARD. Over 20,000 issued in the first 5 months they were available.

I guess Chicagoans are more literate than some would have you believe.

I think they may be.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

>Then after you complete the training you have to do a back ground check, get signed
>off by the police chief, make a payment to excersize your constitutional right, write an
>essay justifying why you need (not just want) to excersize your constitutional right,
>and then get stabbed to death waiting for approval.

On the plus side, they can't shoot themselves during the waiting period.

==============
Police: Woman allegedly kills herself with gun bought to prepare for Ferguson unrest

By CNN Justice Reporter Evan Perez and Producer Shimon Prokupecz

Updated 8:57 AM ET, Mon November 24, 2014

A woman appears to have accidentally fatally shot herself in the head with a gun bought to prepare for possible Ferguson-related unrest, according to sources briefed on the police investigation.
================

billvon

>Then after you complete the training you have to do a back ground check, get signed
>off by the police chief, make a payment to excersize your constitutional right, write an
>essay justifying why you need (not just want) to excersize your constitutional right,

==============
Police: Woman allegedly kills herself with gun bought to prepare for Ferguson unrest

A woman appears to have accidentally fatally shot herself in the head with a gun bought to prepare for possible Ferguson-related unrest, according to sources briefed on the police investigation.
================

To use for the unrest, she was going to start shooting people to create unrest, she was preparing badly then.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

billvon

==============

================

Meh! Without the gun she'd probably have used a swimming pool. The gun lovers are forever telling us how dangerous THEY are,

Must be why 30 Fortune 500 companies choose to be based in the area,

Look John I love you man....But my town has a Fortune 500 company and we are about 15K....you pissy little town sucks. Get over it.:P
Kevin Keenan is my hero, a double FUP, he does so much with so little

It'll be a generational thing, as are most culture changes. Making sure that current minorities and poor actually have a (maybe two-generation) VISIBLE and POSSIBLE path out (and not possible only if you're incredibly bright and motivated).

Immigrants tend to be of above average intelligence and motivation. Locals don't seem to in such proportion.

Specific changes? It'd have to start with more support in school, from people who are already successful. And maybe housing, with a house parent who can both model positive frugality and counsel, while someone is in school on a legitimate plan.
When you're grindingly poor with no way out, frugality isn't creative, it's what you do all the time because you have no options. Turning that lifestyle into a short-term option while you figure out the next step is hard then.

And you'll never catch everyone. Just as racism hasn't ended 50 years after voting rights, and 150 after the fourteenth amendment.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

mirage62

Look John I love you man....But my town has a Fortune 500 company and we are about 15K....you pissy little town sucks. Get over it.:P

You'll be up here in 2 weeks. You can check it out for real. Go to the beach, the museums, the 25 miles of parks along the lakeshore, admire the architecture...

kallend

***************Still

Actually

Must be why 30 Fortune 500 companies choose to be based in the area, and we have one of the world's top 5 symphony orchestras, one of the world's best art museums, and one of the world's best natural history museums.

Well, there's also the Cubs, but we southsiders don't talk about that.

They don't call it the Windy City for nothing. FYI to my progressive friends, it has nothing to do with wind, it is more about being a blow hard.

I made a statement that said gun control isn't about guns...its about control. There is absolutely no correlation from what I said to what happened.

So you made a statement and then in the same post included an article that had nothing to do with that statement? Interesting.

http://www.motherjones.com/kevin-drum/2012/02/should-idiots-be-allowed-regulate-internet

kallend

***>Then after you complete the training you have to do a back ground check, get signed

==============

================

Meh! Without the gun she'd probably have used a swimming pool. The gun lovers are forever telling us how dangerous THEY are,

I see what you did there. It's OK to kill the innocent, but the criminals must be protected. Let an innocent victim get stabbed to death by a nut job, and let some poor schmuck fall into a pool and down. It's the Democratic way.:S

M
"There is an art, it says, or, rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."
Life, the Universe, and Everything

kallend

You'll be up here in 2 weeks. You can check it out for real. Go to the beach, the museums, the 25 miles of parks along the lakeshore, admire the architecture...

If you want to 'check it out for real' you would also include a tour of the projects and ghettos/slums, a foot tour after dark of those areas should provide a more comprehensive and balanced look at the whole of Chicago.
Dudeist Skydiver #0511