Amazon

9 African Americans shot in a church in Charleston SC

kallend

******So you can't find any posts in which I claimed to have lived in Chicago continuously for 37 years, or "all my life".

Your entire set of posts in this thread is based on incorrect assumptions on your part.

Trying to blame me is just weaseling on your part.

no you are weaseling in every post you make now.in this thread. You have been shown as the one being less then truthfull and still deny it. It does not matter what you do, how you say it, where you live, how much you make, how litle you want to commit to, you are the one weaseling and will never take a hard spoken definitive side. Cause then you could not weasel out of your statements. Just like most keyboard commandos I have seen.[:/][:/][:/]

Well, let's see:

Airdvr called me a liar for saying that I live on the south side of Chicago. Anvilbrother confirmed that I do live on the south side of Chicago, just as I stated.

Anvilbrother showed his prejudices by *assuming* that the south side of Chicago = "the 'hood" (his expression, post #272 this thread, not mine). I made no such claim. I didn't say I live in a bad neighborhood, that was his strawman (posts 270 and 276, this thread) not mine.
Maybe he got the idea from airdvr www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=4717498;search_string=south%20side;#4717498

So airdvr makes a provably false accusation and Anvilbrother invents strawmen.

C'mon John....give it up. You live closer to Gary IN than you do downtown Chicago. And I can't help it if you've become a transient person.

I'll apologize for saying you didn't live in the city with the stipulation that you stop trying to impress people by having them think you live in Chicago's infamous South Side neighborhood. It's 2015; it's OK to be successful and live in a nice neighborhood.;)
Please don't dent the planet.

Destinations by Roxanne

kallend

************So you can't find any posts in which I claimed to have lived in Chicago continuously for 37 years, or "all my life".

Thought not.

You can't steer the ship away from what you said John. The people here know what you have implied all these years and now it's out in the open.

Yes, it is CONFIRMED that I live and work on the south side of Chicago.

If you draw conclusions from that based on your prejudices about predominantly minority neighborhoods of that city, that's YOUR problem.

Bawhahahahahhahahaha. You know what I'm gonna let that one hang so everyone can see what you just said. SMH

YOU invented the strawman that I live in "the hood" and "a bad part of the city" based on my (verified true by you) statement that I live and work on the south side of Chicago. Those were YOUR conclusions based purely on geography. You nicely revealed your own prejudices.

Still waiting for you to provide a link to any post where I stated that I have lived in Chicago all my life, as you claimed (post 276, this thread). Another one of your strawmen.

You may be correct that literally, you did not write that you lived in a minority filled part of town.

But if you look at the conversation before your statement, it is clear, to any reasonable person, that the spirit of your comment was meant to infer that you lived in the higher crime area and never was a part of any illegalities, or the victim of a crime.

We all see this. We all recognize this. You are the only one here trying desperately to keep the charade going.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

airdvr

*********So you can't find any posts in which I claimed to have lived in Chicago continuously for 37 years, or "all my life".

Your entire set of posts in this thread is based on incorrect assumptions on your part.

no you are weaseling in every post you make now.in this thread. You have been shown as the one being less then truthfull and still deny it. It does not matter what you do, how you say it, where you live, how much you make, how litle you want to commit to, you are the one weaseling and will never take a hard spoken definitive side. Cause then you could not weasel out of your statements. Just like most keyboard commandos I have seen.[:/][:/][:/]

Well, let's see:

Airdvr called me a liar for saying that I live on the south side of Chicago. Anvilbrother confirmed that I do live on the south side of Chicago, just as I stated.

Anvilbrother showed his prejudices by *assuming* that the south side of Chicago = "the 'hood" (his expression, post #272 this thread, not mine). I made no such claim. I didn't say I live in a bad neighborhood, that was his strawman (posts 270 and 276, this thread) not mine.
Maybe he got the idea from airdvr www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=4717498;search_string=south%20side;#4717498

C'mon John....give it up. You live closer to Gary IN than you do downtown Chicago. And I can't help it if you've become a transient person.

I'll apologize for saying you didn't live in the city with the stipulation that you stop trying to impress people by having them think you live in Chicago's infamous South Side neighborhood. It's 2015; it's OK to be successful and live in a nice neighborhood.;)

You are still wrong and trying to weasel out of calling me a liar.

As has been clearly confirmed here by Anvilbrother, I live IN the city of Chicago, on the south side (definition here) 28 miles from Gary IN.

Your persistent claim that I am a liar is something the mods need to take up.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

turtlespeed

You may be correct that literally, you did not write that you lived in a minority filled part of town.

Yes, I AM correct. However, according to Neighborhoodlink.com,

"60643 Zip Code Profile
Find Neighborhoods, Home Values, Schools, Demographics, Local Discussions, Maps, & much more.
Welcome to CHICAGO, IL 60643
60643 is a densely populated, urban zip code in Chicago, Illinois. The population is primarily African-American, and about evenly divided between singles and married couples. Housing prices here (average $196,100) are fairly typical for the Chicago-Naperville-Joliet metro area.

But if you look at the conversation before your statement, it is clear, to any reasonable person, that the spirit of your comment was meant to infer that you lived in the higher crime area and never was a part of any illegalities, or the victim of a crime.

We all see this. We all recognize this. You are the only one here trying desperately to keep the charade going.

So intent was I to mislead you on Chicago neighborhood crime that I went to the trouble of fabricating a map and posting it here. I did it three months ago knowing that this thread would exist three months into the future.

Or a more likely explanation (using Ockham's razor) is that you are full of BS just like airdvr.

You interject a ton of presumption there John.
:S
Sometimes, carry a gun simply indicates someone is going shooting, hunting, selling, gun smithing, or any number of other possibilities..
Yet you assume it indicates the presence of a murderer or any number of other paranoid ideas you can come up with.

normiss

You interject a ton of presumption there John.
Sometimes, carry a gun simply indicates someone is going shooting, hunting, selling, gun smithing, or any number of other possibilities..
Yet you assume it indicates the presence of a murderer or any number of other paranoid ideas you can come up with.

There are indeed other reasons. I wonder why George Zimmerman was carrying - who was he hunting?

To no one in particular... I live in a semi-rural little town with a diverse population, both ethnic and economic. There are good white folks, good black folks, well-to-do folks, middle class folks, trailer folks, white trailer trash folks, black trailer trash folks, it runs pretty much the whole gamut. Most of the locals keep to themselves, but... in my first 5 years, my house was broken into 3 times, which I suspect was by outsiders who hang out with friends up the street who went canvassing the area for targets.

I got armed, and got an alarm system on the house. No issues since. My best friends are ADT, Smith and Wesson. :P

There will be no addressing the customers as "Bitches", "Morons" or "Retards"!

No, I clearly SEE the linkage. And yes, I think the Confederate Battle Flag still flies in South Carolina. It should be taken down and no longer publicly displayed for all of the reasons previously cited PLUS the fact that it is a flag of a "nation" that went extinct in 1865. Part of the historical record for certain but that is all. But as much as I've stated my opinion, getting rid of that flag is for the citizens of South Carolina to decide.
What you cite is one item in an historical period chock full of so much stuff, the exact cause(s) are STILL being debated from avid readers such as myself all the way up to the highest levels of academia. You knew that but of course you know everything right?!?!? Slavery is without a doubt a major issue behind the Civil War. Cant' and won't diminish that. Nonetheless, if you wish some other perspectives during that time, then read, "What They Fought For" by James McPhereson, distinguished professor of history on faculty at Princeton and recognized as on the foremost and in the opinion of many (including moi) THE foremost historical authority on the Civil War.

Boomerdog

No, I clearly SEE the linkage. And yes, I think the Confederate Battle Flag still flies in South Carolina. It should be taken down and no longer publicly displayed for all of the reasons previously cited PLUS the fact that it is a flag of a "nation" that went extinct in 1865. Part of the historical record for certain but that is all. But as much as I've stated my opinion, getting rid of that flag is for the citizens of South Carolina to decide.
What you cite is one item in an historical period chock full of so much stuff, the exact cause(s) are STILL being debated from avid readers such as myself all the way up to the highest levels of academia. You knew that but of course you know everything right?!?!? Slavery is without a doubt a major issue behind the Civil War. Cant' and won't diminish that. Nonetheless, if you wish some other perspectives during that time, then read, "What They Fought For" by James McPhereson, distinguished professor of history on faculty at Princeton and recognized as on the foremost and in the opinion of many (including moi) THE foremost historical authority on the Civil War.

I didn't claim slavery was the only reason. You can easily find Confederate VP Stephen's entire speech where he lays out the differences between the Confederate States and the Union. Clearly racism/slavery was a major reason.

normiss

I'd bet he's quite happy to be alive and that he was able to defend his own life after being violently attacked.
He could have been killed man!

Why would you not want to defend yourself John?

I don't walk the streets at night looking for trouble, so the question is moot. Besides, I live on the south side of Chicago.

From your own link you live in the Far Southeast Side, not the South Side.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/South_Side,_Chicago#/media/File:Chicago_community_areas_map.svg

I've never claimed you were lying. If you infer that so be it. Please accept my apologies. However, in the future you should qualify your "I live on the South Side" by saying I live on the FAR Southeast side. That's where LeRoy Brown's brother Bubba lives.
Please don't dent the planet.

Destinations by Roxanne

kallend

Carrying a gun indicates that you are willing to take a human life. So much for THAT argument.

Yes, in certain situations I am. At least I hope I am. My resolve hasn't been put to the test. I hope it never is. I hope if it is, I don't waiver. Now are you saying that makes me evil?
You are only as strong as the prey you devour

kallend

******So you can't find any posts in which I claimed to have lived in Chicago continuously for 37 years, or "all my life".

Well, let's see:

What no shotings or Jordans for everyone in da hood???

kallend

Yes, I AM correct. However, according to Neighborhoodlink.com,

"60643 Zip Code Profile
Find Neighborhoods, Home Values, Schools, Demographics, Local Discussions, Maps, & much more.
Welcome to CHICAGO, IL 60643
60643 is a densely populated, urban zip code in Chicago, Illinois. The population is primarily African-American, and about evenly divided between singles and married couples. Housing prices here (average $196,100) are fairly typical for the Chicago-Naperville-Joliet metro area.

So intent was I to mislead you on Chicago neighborhood crime that I went to the trouble of fabricating a map and posting it here. I did it three months ago knowing that this thread would exist three months into the future.

Or a more likely explanation (using Ockham's razor) is that you are full of BS just like airdvr.

Sorry, no. First you have to be assuming that we track your every small move, action, and posts.

If one reads just what you wrote, it appears that you would have us believe that you live in the high crime areas of Chicago, while in reality, you don't. I didn't believe that you did, but the spirit of the comments you made seem to point to, at the very least, disingenuousness.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Boomerdog

Perhaps I could interject some reality into the conversation as a descendant of veterans of both sides of the War Betwixt the States.
I had 2nd great grand uncles who died on both sides of that war... most served as part of the 5th Florida( 3 dead ). or 1st Reserves Florida for the younger brothers ( 2 survived) when they fought at Olustee... or the 39th Alabama (1 dead 2 survived the war) or various units from North Carolina for a little further distant relatives. Another family line lived on the OH-KY border area and the older brother of my 2nd great grandfather died in a blue uniform fighting against cousins flying one of these flags. They are a part of our family heritage.

BUT.... it's usurpation after the war by the Klan made its further use as part of any state flag stained with a taint that should never be forgotten by any American.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flags_of_the_Confederate_States_of_America[url]

kallend

Anvilbrother showed his prejudices by *assuming* that the south side of Chicago = "the 'hood" (his expression, post #272 this thread, not mine). I made no such claim. I didn't say I live in a bad neighborhood...

Well the south side of Chicago
Is the baddest part of town
And if you go down there
You better just beware
Of a man name of Leroy Brown
etc.

normiss

IMO, his group of friends and the group he shared his hate with should be charged with failure to report a terrorist.
It was VERY clear to those around him how much hatred he has.

The father should build serious time for giving him a gun, even if it wasn't the weapon used (I suspect it was). I'm pro-gun (I won't say pro 2nd-I like guns) and pro private purchase. There is a level of accountability required though.
In the meantime, don't worry about us. We are healing.
You are only as strong as the prey you devour

>The problem isn't guns, it's a basic lack of respect for the sanctity of human life. I
>don't know how we got here . . . .

Part of how we got here is the attempt to dehumanize anyone we fear or disagree with - arabs, muslims, blacks, Iraqis, liberals, conservatives etc. That's how we justify torture, or a war that kills 100,000 innocent people (but not on purpose so that's OK) killing unarmed teens (well, the guy THOUGHT he was a threat, and besides, he was no choir boy!) - you can find examples in any newspaper or website.