Amazon

9 African Americans shot in a church in Charleston SC

I, being a compassionate conservative, call for the death penalty. Put him alongside James Holmes in CO and take them both out at the same time; use a firing squad, with .50 caliber rifles.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

Boomerdog

What is interesting is all the white people posting in this thread but where are the condemnations? Why aren't you white people condemning this shooting by one of your own?

In case you didn't get the memo...nine of our own were murdered by one of our own. Nine AMERICANS died at the hands of another AMERICAN. In the ongoing effort to "form a more perfect union" it sometimes, tragically, goes off the rails. And we keep seeing this everyday right now in Americans killing other Americans. Evil is evil and ya don't need to throw the race card into something that by it's very definition and evidence through millenia plagues us to this day irrespective of who or what or how. It's wrong clear and simple and that's the best you're going to get from me. I don't drink the bullshit Kool-Aid of racial politics. I spent 22 years in the military defending ALL COMMUNITIES in this country NOT just a select few.

And the flag that STILL flies over the S.Carolina Capitol is not a symbol of this:

Our new government is founded upon exactly the opposite idea; its foundations are laid, its corner- stone rests, upon the great truth that the negro is not equal to the white man; that slavery subordination to the superior race is his natural and normal condition. This, our new government, is the first, in the history of the world, based upon this great physical, philosophical, and moral truth. This truth has been slow in the process of its development, like all other truths in the various departments of science. It has been so even amongst us. Many who hear me, perhaps, can recollect well, that this truth was not generally admitted, even within their day. The errors of the past generation still clung to many as late as twenty years ago. Those at the North, who still cling to these errors, with a zeal above knowledge, we justly denominate fanatics. All fanaticism springs from an aberration of the mind from a defect in reasoning. It is a species of insanity. One of the most striking characteristics of insanity, in many instances, is forming correct conclusions from fancied or erroneous premises; so with the anti-slavery fanatics. Their conclusions are right if their premises were. They assume that the negro is equal, and hence conclude that he is entitled to equal privileges and rights with the white man. If their premises were correct, their conclusions would be logical and just but their premise being wrong, their whole argument fails. I recollect once of having heard a gentleman from one of the northern States, of great power and ability, announce in the House of Representatives, with imposing effect, that we of the South would be compelled, ultimately, to yield upon this subject of slavery, that it was as impossible to war successfully against a principle in politics, as it was in physics or mechanics. That the principle would ultimately prevail. That we, in maintaining slavery as it exists with us, were warring against a principle, a principle founded in nature, the principle of the equality of men. The reply I made to him was, that upon his own grounds, we should, ultimately, succeed, and that he and his associates, in this crusade against our institutions, would ultimately fail. The truth announced, that it was as impossible to war successfully against a principle in politics as it was in physics and mechanics, I admitted; but told him that it was he, and those acting with him, who were warring against a principle. They were attempting to make things equal which the Creator had made unequal.

Alexander H. Stephens, Vice President of the Confederacy, March 21, 1861

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Skyrad

What is interesting is all the white people posting in this thread but where are the condemnations? Why aren't you white people condemning this shooting by one of your own?
It keeps on happening as well, white men shooting people in America, its time for all you white people to tackle these extremists and nut jobs in your community, don't pretend you don't know who they are its YOUR communities! >:(

Let me go ahead and drop some facts on you about who is killing who.
http://i.imgur.com/tOTcCRH.jpg

Postes r made from an iPad or iPhone. Spelling and gramhair mistakes guaranteed move along,

Anvilbrother

***What is interesting is all the white people posting in this thread but where are the condemnations? Why aren't you white people condemning this shooting by one of your own?
It keeps on happening as well, white men shooting people in America, its time for all you white people to tackle these extremists and nut jobs in your community, don't pretend you don't know who they are its YOUR communities! >:(

Let me go ahead and drop some facts on you about who is killing who.
http://i.imgur.com/tOTcCRH.jpg

OOOooooOOooOOOOO...I know about Reddit, too. I think there's a bigger picture here than a graph found on the internet.

billvon

>When someone goes out and kills people like this it's the mental issue doing the killing . . .

Unless he is black or Arab. Then it is terrorism or just plain evil.

Your right the media does play those tunes, and it resonates with whatever viewership is watching it.

Do you not agree with me that someone who would sit there premeditate a murder then carry it out is mentally ill?

Postes r made from an iPad or iPhone. Spelling and gramhair mistakes guaranteed move along,

Let me say up front, I believe you to be honest, up front and level headed. Good on ya'.

For me, the SC provides therapy, entertainment, it is a sounding board and provides self-edification.

It is cyberspace for crying out loud.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

https://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr/crime-in-the-u.s/2013/crime-in-the-u.s.-2013/offenses-known-to-law-enforcement/expanded-homicide/expanded_homicide_data_table_6_murder_race_and_sex_of_vicitm_by_race_and_sex_of_offender_2013.xls

Yea the bigger picture is that white people are not the ones doing all the killing of black people like the media machine is spinning up.

RonD1120

I, being a compassionate conservative, call for the death penalty. Put him alongside James Holmes in CO and take them both out at the same time; use a firing squad, with .50 caliber rifles.

Interesting.

Here is a quote from a daughter of one of Roof's victims:
"I will never be able to hold her again, but I forgive you," a daughter of Ethel Lance said. "And have mercy on your soul. You hurt me. You hurt a lot of people but God forgives you, and I forgive you." Source

I wonder which one of you is the real Christian?

Don

GeorgiaDon

***I, being a compassionate conservative, call for the death penalty. Put him alongside James Holmes in CO and take them both out at the same time; use a firing squad, with .50 caliber rifles.

Interesting.

Here is a quote from a daughter of one of Roof's victims:
"I will never be able to hold her again, but I forgive you," a daughter of Ethel Lance said. "And have mercy on your soul. You hurt me. You hurt a lot of people but God forgives you, and I forgive you." Source

I wonder which one of you is the real Christian?

Don

Lets face it the death penalty has nothing to do with justice and everything to do with retribution and vengeance. (If it were about justice then all the DP states would use Nitrogen gas)

Romans 12:19 'Do not take revenge, my dear friends, but leave room for God's wrath, for it is written: "It is mine to avenge; I will repay," says the Lord.'

Deuteronomy 32:35 'It is mine to avenge; I will repay. In due time their foot will slip; their day of disaster is near and their doom rushes upon them."'

Leviticus 19:18 'You shall not take vengeance, nor bear any grudge against the sons of your people, but you shall love your neighbor as yourself; I am the LORD.

Proverbs 24:29 Do not say, "Thus I shall do to him as he has done to me; I will render to the man according to his work."

Matthew 5:38 "You have heard that it was said, 'AN EYE FOR AN EYE, AND A TOOTH FOR A TOOTH.' "But I say to you, do not resist an evil person; but whoever slaps you on your right cheek, turn the other to him also. "If anyone wants to sue you and take your shirt, let him have your coat also...

1 Peter 3:9 not returning evil for evil or insult for insult, but giving a blessing instead; for you were called for the very purpose that you might inherit a blessing.

1 Samuel 24:12 May the LORD judge between you and me, and may the LORD avenge me on you; but my hand shall not be against you.

I guess some folk don't read so well.
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

Anvilbrother

Yea he is a dipshit, but 1 board member out 100+ posting something stupid on a board is not the "NRA" making an official statement.

This is true. Well, I mean, you can spin stuff however you want.

According to my sig line, all us gays have infatuations with turtles. Not the Speedy kind though.

Wasn't spinning anything he was.

I see the NRA has already figured out who to blame.....the reverend.

Classy stuff.

Like I said 1 wack job board member out of 100+ speaking on a web board is not the NRA making a press release.

Anvilbrother

Classy stuff.

Like I said 1 wack job board member out of 100+ speaking on a web board is not the NRA making a press release.

Sorry, unclear. Yea, twas not thy Anvil that did the spinning.

Anvilbrother

Classy stuff.

Considering the controversy and litigation that resulted from a board member of an organization posting g on this very website, we can see from experience here how it might cause trouble

My wife is hotter than your wife.

billvon

>In case you didn't get the memo...nine of our own were murdered by one of our own.
>Nine AMERICANS died at the hands of another AMERICAN.

In 2009, 13 AMERICANS died at the hands of another AMERICAN at Fort Hood. However, here (and in many other places both online and in the media) it was not discussed that way. Here are some examples of how it was discussed here:

"It was a clear & consise case of Terrorism. . . . how in the world did that sand nig*er get in a "No weapons zone" to begin with."

"the radio news today is focused on him being a Muslim terrorist not mentally ill, as was previously discussed. "

"Why wasn't this guy considered a traitorous enemy combatant by Obama?"

Why do you think there is such a stark difference? Why was he not referred to as an AMERICAN?

You make a very fair point, Bill.
I do think he was, and is a terrorist.
A racial terrorist.

I condemn every action he ever took in the spirit and in the way of racism.

It is people like him that forward the racist stereotype.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun