SkyDekker

Obama Care Critic seeing the light

At least that is what he would like to do a bit longer.

Interesting how the family now believes those unemployed and unable to pay should be at the front of the line.

Also interesting to read who are stepping up to pay his costs....

http://www.upi.com/Odd_News/2015/05/13/Going-blind-an-Obamacare-critic-now-needs-a-bailout/4241431533687/?spt=sec&or=on

SkyDekker

One of the cruelest things about the Republican Party has been their ability to con the average Joe into voting against his own best interests and for the interests of the 1%.

The guy got fucked over by the Republican Party and still blames the Democrats.

Brilliant.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

SkyDekker

At least that is what he would like to do a bit longer.

Interesting how the fmaily now believes those unemployed and unable to pay should be at the front of the line.

Also interesting to read who are stepping up to pay his costs....

http://www.upi.com/Odd_News/2015/05/13/Going-blind-an-Obamacare-critic-now-needs-a-bailout/4241431533687/?spt=sec&or=on

A real problem with many issues is that they are viewed as binary. While it may be convenient to oversimplify things thusly, it tends to obfuscate the issue.

More often than not, one might observe that, while the problem at hand is massive, what is proposed as a 'solution' is somewhat worse in the long run. The cure is worse than the disease, if you will.

Having some familiarity with the Medical/Pharmaceutical Complex, both here and in other countries, it is clear to me that the system is badly broken.

The solution put forth by the Government (as usual) goes something like this:

A) There is a service (in this case Health Care) that everybody needs.

B) The way things are now, very nearly nobody can afford it.

C) If everyone gives an affordable amount to the most inefficient and ineffective bureaucracy imaginable (think getting a Driver's License), these people will use whatever funds they do not absorb themselves to go out on the market and obtain the services you could not afford in the first place.

What's wrong with this picture?

The 'solution' does not change the Liability Lottery where every physician is the keeper of the Jackpot, nor does it address the massive overhead that absorbs well over 90% of actual medical payments (think $35 Band Aids and $10,000/night hospital beds).

The emotional appeal of Universal Care is that Somebody Else gets stuck with the tab. Unfortunately, since everybody needs health care, the Somebody Else is us.

Putting Attorneys in charge of ensuring that Physicians do not charge too much is an interesting concept. If there is anything about which Attorney's know less in general than Medicine, it's Arithemetic.

BSBD,

Winsor

That said, even you admit the current system in the US is broken.

The Republican Party is fighting any attempt at all to improve it.

While the Democrats might not have a perfect plan, at least it's a step towards good as opposed to maintaining the status quo of horrible.
quade -

quade

That said, even you admit the current system in the US is broken.

The Republican Party is fighting any attempt at all to improve it.

While the Democrats might not have a perfect plan, at least it's a step towards good as opposed to maintaining the status quo of horrible.

Bullshit. Rather than a step toward good, this is the kind of 'change' of which Dr. Kevorkian would be proud.

Obamacare ist eine Schlimmverbesserung (no real English equivalent).

Our legislators are apparently unaware of the Hippocratic oath: Primum non nocere (first, do no harm). It would be a good start.

BSBD,

Winsor

It is a very common change of heart for conservatives. Consider this tea partyer who was demanding the end of entitlement spending, but was asked if she would be willing to give up her Social Security:

“That’s a conundrum, isn’t it?” asked Jodine White, 62, of Rocklin, Calif. “I don’t know what to say. Maybe I don’t want smaller government. I guess I want smaller government and my Social Security.” She added, “I didn’t look at it from the perspective of losing things I need. I think I’ve changed my mind.”

winsor

Our legislators are apparently unaware of the Hippocratic oath: Primum non nocere (first, do no harm). It would be a good start.

Except in this case, doing nothing IS doing harm since the current system is broken (as you admitted) and had (still has) parts that are getting worse.
quade -

quade

One of the cruelest things about the Republican Party has been their ability to con the average Joe into voting against his own best interests and for the interests of the 1%.

The guy got fucked over by the Republican Party and still blames the Democrats.

Brilliant.

Or the Legion of Tea Baggers who think Obummer lied about being able to keep the coverage they THOUGHT they had when their pissant coverage from fly by night "providers did not meet minimum coverage as required by ACA.

Thinking you have coverage... and then not actually being covered....... once you try to use it was far too common.

We would spend far less if we removed all the middlemen from our system, even the changes for the better for so many are still not good enough for the majority of our people.

quade

***Our legislators are apparently unaware of the Hippocratic oath: Primum non nocere (first, do no harm). It would be a good start.

Except in this case, doing nothing IS doing harm since the current system is broken (as you admitted) and had (still has) parts that are getting worse.

Let me walk you through this difficult concept.

Things are bad.

Don't fuck it up even worse than it is already.

When you're losing your ass at the table, doubling down is a bad idea. You run out of markers even faster.

BSBD,

Winsor

>"The guy got fucked over by the Republican Party and still blames the Democrats."

Typical response from a Lib...much like the liberal media asking the speaker why the republicans don't care about the little people who ride on trains and where is all the funding. Or simply out of conveyance not indicate how the engineer pulled a play from Hillary Clinton, "Can't Remember" defense, going more than twice the speed limit around a curve.

If the people i.e. critic's could only pull their collective heads out of the Democrat's butt and ask a simple question...,"what the FUCK did you do with the 860 plus Billion WE the people gave you for those so called shovel ready jobs ASS-HOLE"????

Someone expresses a reasoned opinion on any matter especially involving the judgment of it value, and your play is to blame it on Republicans. Your becoming very predictable.

>"what the FUCK did you do with the 860 plus Billion WE the people gave you for those
>so called shovel ready jobs ASS-HOLE"????

There are several right down the street from me that I'd be happy to show you. (Without all the cursing, though.)

A very large portion of the 860 billion went to bail out public union pension funds..

Disclaimer:
No workers got hurt doing jobs funded by this money.
There were no jobs.
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

billvon

>No workers got hurt doing jobs funded by this money.
>There were no jobs.

Same offer. I'll take you down the street to see the highway expansions that were recently completed, built by people you don't believe existed.

Actually we are talking about the majority of the funding
Yes
there was a job here or there
but
MOST of the money went to bail out public sector union pension funds
Abraham Lincoln

>Actually we are talking about the majority of the funding . . .Yes there was a job here
>or there

$66 billion went to "shovel-ready" jobs in infrastructure and highways. And now there are new overpasses, new HOV lanes, new entrance and exit ramps and wider highways out here, projects that cost billions and employed thousands.

And again, don't take my word for it. I can take you to the bridges and show them to you.

billvon

>Actually we are talking about the majority of the funding . . .Yes there was a job here
>or there

$66 billion went to "shovel-ready" jobs in infrastructure and highways. And now there are new overpasses, new HOV lanes, new entrance and exit ramps and wider highways out here, projects that cost billions and employed thousands.

And again, don't take my word for it. I can take you to the bridges and show them to you.

66 is a majority of 860 in your world?
Abraham Lincoln

>66 is a majority of 860 in your world?

That $860 was not for shovel-ready jobs. The shovel-ready jobs the previous poster was talking about did, in fact, exist and were, in fact, funded. Again, I can show you the bridges they built.

If you want to talk about other funding in the ARRA, feel free to start a new thread.

billvon

>"what the FUCK did you do with the 860 plus Billion WE the people gave you for those
>so called shovel ready jobs ASS-HOLE"????

There are several right down the street from me that I'd be happy to show you. (Without all the cursing, though.)

In my defense, it was the people that were cursing, that is why I put it in quotes....OK, I just made that part up, I said the bad words:(

http://online.wsj.com/public/resources/documents/info-STIMULUS0903.html

JohnnyMarko

Trying to get enrolled with this shit was the biggest headache in my life....and it still continues today...fuck obama care

You could of course just ignore it, ignore your diabetes, and then hold up your hand and beg for money when it turns out that maybe you did need insurance.

billvon

>66 is a majority of 860 in your world?

That $860 was not for shovel-ready jobs. The shovel-ready jobs the previous poster was talking about did, in fact, exist and were, in fact, funded. Again, I can show you the bridges they built.

If you want to talk about other funding in the ARRA, feel free to start a new thread.

So you admit very little went to shovel ready jobs

This is start anyway
Abraham Lincoln

billvon

>Trying to get enrolled with this shit was the biggest headache in my life...

You've never tried to file a tax return for a small business then . . . .

Actually just got through doing that...not for my own business, but when you're 1 of 2 on the entire staff, tax returns are not fun.