airdvr

Supreme Court turns away challenge to Wisconsin voter ID law

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015/03/23/supreme-court-turns-away-challenge-to-wisconsin-voter-id-law/

The justices' action means the state is free to impose the voter ID requirement in future elections, and is further evidence that the court put the law on hold last year only because the election was close at hand and absentee ballots already had been mailed with no notification of the need to present photo IDs.

As it should be everywhere. It's 2015 kids. You can get ID and frankly I don't know how in 2015 you live life without one.
Please don't dent the planet.

Destinations by Roxanne

airdvr

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015/03/23/supreme-court-turns-away-challenge-to-wisconsin-voter-id-law/

The justices' action means the state is free to impose the voter ID requirement in future elections, and is further evidence that the court put the law on hold last year only because the election was close at hand and absentee ballots already had been mailed with no notification of the need to present photo IDs.

As it should be everywhere. It's 2015 kids. You can get ID and frankly I don't know how in 2015 you live life without one.

Good news
This should spread rather quickly
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

airdvr

More drivel from the Reich Wing Conservatards.

There are a lot of old people, and a lot of poor people, who don't have Ids that meet the absurdly high standards put in place by the scumbags that hate democracy.

The voter ID laws have been put in place for one reason only. That is to prevent old people, and poor people who don't have IDs, from voting. That is all that those heinous laws accomplish.
There has NOT EVER been an election where actual VOTING FRAUD was an issue. NONE.

Why do conservatives HATE the USA and democracy so much? They know they can't win elections fairly, so they corrupt the rules to force an unfair advantage. The scumbags that support them are ignorant idiots.

funjumper101

***http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015/03/23/supreme-court-turns-away-challenge-to-wisconsin-voter-id-law/

There are a lot of old people, and a lot of poor people, who don't have Ids that meet the absurdly high standards put in place by the scumbags that hate democracy.

The voter ID laws have been put in place for one reason only. That is to prevent old people, and poor people who don't have IDs, from voting. That is all that those heinous laws accomplish.
There has NOT EVER been an election where actual VOTING FRAUD was an issue. NONE.

Why do conservatives HATE the USA and democracy so much? They know they can't win elections fairly, so they corrupt the rules to force an unfair advantage. The scumbags that support them are ignorant idiots.

blah blah blah

:D
Abraham Lincoln

funjumper101

***http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015/03/23/supreme-court-turns-away-challenge-to-wisconsin-voter-id-law/

Stop...in the name of love. The Supremes have spoken.
Please don't dent the planet.

Destinations by Roxanne

funjumper101

Oh hi Amazon! :D
There will be no addressing the customers as "Bitches", "Morons" or "Retards"!

headoverheels

*** The Supremes have spoken.

or chosen not to speak.

Either way, the correct outcome is realized
Abraham Lincoln

funjumper101

Out of curiosity, how do you feel about compulsory voting for all citizens?
cavete terrae.

funjumper101

U.S. District Judge Lynn Adelman found that Wisconsin’s photo ID requirement has a “disproportionate impact” on African American and Latino voters:

[I]t is more likely to burden those voters with the costs of obtaining a photo ID that they would not otherwise obtain. This burden is significant not only because it is likely to deter Blacks and Latinos from voting even if they could obtain IDs without much difficulty, but also because Blacks and Latinos are more likely than whites to have difficulty obtaining IDs. This disproportionate impact is a “discriminatory result” because the reason Black and Latino voters are more likely to have to incur the costs of obtaining IDs is that they are disproportionately likely to live in poverty, and the reason Black and Latino voters are disproportionately likely to live in poverty is connected to the history of discrimination against Blacks and Latinos in Wisconsin and elsewhere.

SOURCE:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/govbeat/wp/2014/04/29/eight-states-have-photo-voter-id-laws-similar-to-the-one-struck-down-in-wisconsin/

WHOOPSIES:

http://gab.wi.gov/node/1917

http://www.msvoterid.ms.gov/Pages/VoterIDHowtoGetID.htm

:S:S:P:P
Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.

BIGUN

***The voter ID laws have been put in place for one reason only. That is to prevent old people, and poor people who don't have IDs, from voting. That is all that those heinous laws accomplish.

U.S. District Judge Lynn Adelman found that Wisconsin’s photo ID requirement has a “disproportionate impact” on African American and Latino voters:

[I]t is more likely to burden those voters with the costs of obtaining a photo ID that they would not otherwise obtain. This burden is significant not only because it is likely to deter Blacks and Latinos from voting even if they could obtain IDs without much difficulty, but also because Blacks and Latinos are more likely than whites to have difficulty obtaining IDs. This disproportionate impact is a “discriminatory result” because the reason Black and Latino voters are more likely to have to incur the costs of obtaining IDs is that they are disproportionately likely to live in poverty, and the reason Black and Latino voters are disproportionately likely to live in poverty is connected to the history of discrimination against Blacks and Latinos in Wisconsin and elsewhere.

SOURCE:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/govbeat/wp/2014/04/29/eight-states-have-photo-voter-id-laws-similar-to-the-one-struck-down-in-wisconsin/

WHOOPSIES:

http://gab.wi.gov/node/1917

http://www.msvoterid.ms.gov/Pages/VoterIDHowtoGetID.htm

:S:S:P:P

What do you know, free I'd, free ride, at their convenience. What's not to love?
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

SkyDekker

***Wait...it's not just bad, it's heinous! Is that plural for bottles of ketchup?

As of this morning it stands for KD and Ketchup. :P

Knock Down and Catsup?
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Driver1

It sounded like Amazon...how many DZ.com accounts is she using?

funjumper101

Hmm. According to the article (bold mine), one could infer that voter ID laws are put in place to keep military or others living out-of-state from voting. I do wonder how a voter ID law would be enforced for an absentee voter. (that's not rhetorical -- I really do want to understand how that would happen)
See the upside, and always wear your parachute! -- Christopher Titus

Shut Up & Jump!

Channman

I would like to thank the Compassionate Conservatives here for inviting me back to posting:)
I told Bill that I would no longer be posting on Dizzy because the rules are not applied in equanimity here. Sorry Bill but the compassionate conservatives want me back. ;)
I had not posted on Dizzy since Sept of last year but I keep getting PM's from people pointing out your obsessive need to think only I could come up with your well deserved pet names I that have for some of you.

As far as your assertion that I have been posting under other screen names... no.. I do not post under other usernames... unlike the ones that several of you have. I know this will get your little girl panties all in a bunch but I give out a sincere Thank you for inviting me back onto Dizzy.

Amazon

I would like to thank the Compassionate Conservatives here for inviting me back to posting:)
I told Bill that I would no longer be posting on Dizzy because the rules are not applied in equanimity here. Sorry Bill but the compassionate conservatives want me back. ;)
I had not posted on Dizzy since Sept of last year but I keep getting PM's from people pointing out your obsessive need to think only I could come up with your well deserved pet names I that have for some of you.

As far as your assertion that I have been posting under other screen names... no.. I do not post under other usernames... unlike the ones that several of you have. I know this will get your little girl panties all in a bunch but I give out a sincere Thank you for inviting me back onto Dizzy.

Were the PM's you recieved as vitrolic as the one you sent me?
Abraham Lincoln

rushmc

You think that was vitriolic ( cool... your spelling can improve when you want to ) with your propensity for love and light Marc?? I was just checking to see of you still had me blocked ;) I guess not huh :)
I see you are still posting one liners with abandon. Were you not told that is a no no???:ph34r:

Amazon

You think that was vitriolic ( cool... your spelling can improve when you want to ) with your propensity for love and light Marc?? I was just checking to see of you still had me blocked ;) I guess not huh :)
I see you are still posting one liners with abandon. Were you not told that is a no no???:ph34r:

Actually, the system unblocked you somehow
I have since fixed that problem
I can do without threats
Abraham Lincoln

rushmc

I can do without threats

WHOOSH... Way to miss the point completely and utterly Marc. There was no threat from me, just a suggestion that like many who claim to be one thing, they will be judged truly by the one who matters for their deeds in this life. [:/]

Amazon

I can do without threats

WHOOSH... Way to miss the point completely and utterly Marc. There was no threat from me, just a suggestion that like many who claim to be one thing, they will be judged truly by the one who matters for their deeds in this life. [:/]

What I and others who have been victims of YOUR hit and run PM's, think you are a chickenshit, blasting us and then blocking us from replying. Well fuck that. You're blocked. I ain't putting up with your bullshit. Its that simple.
There will be no addressing the customers as "Bitches", "Morons" or "Retards"!

Well your unsolicited and spitefully misogynistic PM is the reason I have blocked so many of the "compassionate conservatives" who have sent similar PM's to me in the past, which I had not done till your wonderful missive in the screenshot. So if you can refrain from personal attacks in the future that would be really swell.:ph34r:

Unless you have another account like certain other people... but unlike others... I do not... no matter how deep that paranoia runs:D:D