kenthediver

Rotterdam Mayor tells Muslims to embrace freedom or fuck off

Andy9o8

***Moderate Muslims speak up on a regular basis, regardless of what the Daily Mail or Fox news say.

This.If that is so, why does it get so little coverage?
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

This. It's like the stories about police officers helping children to cross the street.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Anvilbrother

The media showing us its not really as bad as they portray it does not sell as much as showing ISIS videos and beheadings.

While that's true Muslims must realize that their religion is being hi-jacked by extremists. I think the world needs to see the religion as a whole taking action not just stating condemnation. I don't know the internal structure of the religion. Is there a leader like the catholic pope?
Please don't dent the planet.

Destinations by Roxanne

airdvr

***The media showing us its not really as bad as they portray it does not sell as much as showing ISIS videos and beheadings.

While that's true Muslims must realize that their religion is being hi-jacked by extremists. I think the world needs to see the religion as a whole taking action not just stating condemnation. I don't know the internal structure of the religion. Is there a leader like the catholic pope?

There is no equivalent in islam, there is also different "genres" in islam like christianity got catholics, protestants ect but we still just bunch them all up as one muslim group and many like to talk about it like they are all cousins. (1,5 billion of them). Had a brief talk with a muslim guy a few months ago about this and from his point of view we (most westerners) sound a bit ignorant when we refer to muslims as one world group.

I think situations like this really emphases this.

turtlespeed

******Moderate Muslims speak up on a regular basis, regardless of what the Daily Mail or Fox news say.

Because CNN and MSNBC don't want to offend the more extreme Muslims. So they just stay out of it, preferring to focus on things that are ACTUALLY going to kill us all soon. Like global warming.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

lawrocket

*********Moderate Muslims speak up on a regular basis, regardless of what the Daily Mail or Fox news say.

Because CNN and MSNBC don't want to offend the more extreme Muslims. So they just stay out of it, preferring to focus on things that are ACTUALLY going to kill us all soon. Like global warming.

:D:D
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

Man, it's great to be a white Christian. We don't have to be extra good and articulate so no one thinks we're a hoodrat from the 'hood. We don't have to be gracious when asked to show our papers proving we're not illegal. We don't have to loudly condemn radical Islamists that we've never met and would never associate with.

We can just get on with our business, and assume that most people will figure that we're just getting on with our business.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

it's great to be a white Christian.

In the US. But in other parts of the world, being a Christian, regardless of skin color, is cause for a swift and painful death. Even those assholes at Westboro have limited themselves to being assholes.

You are bringing up some first world problems. Third world problems are coming over to the first world. I've never met a radical muslim. I've met loads of moderate muslims - truly nice and likable folks. We ALL condemn the radical muslims because they are worthy of condemnation.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

Stumpy

It does, just not on Fox. So you might want to broaden your viewing habits.
Here's an example (well 46 of them actually)
http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2015/01/46-examples-of-muslim-outrage-about-paris-shooting-that-fox-news-cant-seem-to-find/

I rarely have time or inkling to look through the video/TV based outlets. Show me where, in print, I can see these supposed instances.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama

turtlespeed

***It does, just not on Fox. So you might want to broaden your viewing habits.
http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2015/01/46-examples-of-muslim-outrage-about-paris-shooting-that-fox-news-cant-seem-to-find/

I rarely have time or inkling to look through the video/TV based outlets. Show me where, in print, I can see these supposed instances.

I never have time to do the legwork for lazy people.
Never try to eat more than you can lift

Stumpy

******It does, just not on Fox. So you might want to broaden your viewing habits.

If I was lazy I'd have the time.
Its those that cannot back up what they proclaim that are the lazy ones.

wmw999

Man, it's great to be a white Christian. We don't have to be extra good and articulate so no one thinks we're a hoodrat from the 'hood. We don't have to be gracious when asked to show our papers proving we're not illegal. We don't have to loudly condemn radical Islamists that we've never met and would never associate with.

We can just get on with our business, and assume that most people will figure that we're just getting on with our business.

Wendy P.

Oh yay. More 'white privilege'. What a crock of shit.

Stumpy

******It does, just not on Fox. So you might want to broaden your viewing habits.

Which means you can't provide it. Hence your argument is invalid. Much like your line of reasoning.