melch

Shooting in Paris

jakee

***Nope still have the same opinion just repeating the same thing to you over and over again and expecting the outcome to change is the definition of.....?

Exactly. No matter how many times the parallels of your argument are explained to you, you keep repeating the same blanket denial without ever addressing the point that is being made.

It's not so much insane as it is the action of a child sticking fingers in its ears and shouting 'Lalala, I can't hear you'.

:D:D

Because NO ONE IS AS RIGHT AS YOUR ARE!!!

:D:D

And remember
I do not agree with anvil either but, that does not mean he has to agree with you or me to have a valid opinion

Get over yourself dude:D
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

And remember
I do not agree with anvil either but, that does not mean he has to agree with you or me to have a valid opinion

No but he does have to be honest and consistent in his thinking, which he clearly isn't.

Get over yourself dude

It's not just me - everyone except Skyrad disagrees with him.

Oh, and since Anvil accused me of trolling several times in this thread simply because I disagreed with him maybe you'll direct the same criticism his way. No? What a surprise:ph34r:
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

jakee

And remember

No but he does have to be honest and consistent in his thinking, which he clearly isn't.

Get over yourself dude

It's not just me - everyone except Skyrad disagrees with him.

Oh, and since Anvil accused me of trolling several times in this thread simply because I disagreed with him maybe you'll direct the same criticism his way. No? What a surprise:ph34r:

You ignore the fact that for the most part I agree with you!!!:o

As I said
Get over yourself
Abraham Lincoln

Anvilbrother

How about those guns that were illegally bought and used in an area with a gun ban.

As you said, thoses guns were bought illegally. How did they purchased them ? Investigation is on going. It's possible to buy AK's on the black market (balkans are not so far). And if this was organised by the bastards of Al qaeda Yemen as they are claiming, i guess they know how to manage such purchases.
ça passe ou ça frotte

You ignore the fact that for the most part I agree with you!!!

Do you want a cookie?

As I said
Get over yourself

So you're not still not bothered that Anvil has no tolerance for other people's opinions, it's just me? As I said, quelle surprise:D

jakee

You ignore the fact that for the most part I agree with you!!!

Do you want a cookie?

As I said
Get over yourself

So you're not still not bothered that Anvil has no tolerance for other people's opinions, it's just me? As I said, quelle surprise:D

I had an exchange with him that ened in less than 4 posts

what do you think:S
Abraham Lincoln

jakee

***Not even going to read your reply. 8 pages later we don't agree, so let's agree to disagree.

We can agree that we disagree because you hold several contradictory opinions and yet refuse to critically evaluate your own argument. We can agree on the hypocrisy you've displayed by claiming that people who disagree with you must be trolling but when you disagree with them it's because you have an honest opinion. We can agree that the reason you've suddenly decided to move on is because you're starting to realise that you're on the wrong track but don't want to admit it.

I KINDA get what he is saying. to make the rape analogy work the victim would have been told by the rapist "you keep dressing like that and I will rape you" and then she did and he did

not saying I agree but I think that is what he is arguing here
You can't be drunk all day if you don't start early!

Do you want another cookie?

what do you think

I think you're choosing to criticise posts based on who wrote them instead of what they say. Was that not clear?

jakee

Do you want another cookie?

what do you think

I think you're choosing to criticise posts based on who wrote them instead of what they say. Was that not clear?

think what you want but
you still need to get over yourself
Abraham Lincoln

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/france/11346285/Charlie-Hebdo-France-will-send-aircraft-carrier-to-Middle-East.html

France will send aircraft carrier to Middle East'
President Hollande vows to review defence cuts and escalate campaign against terrorism, as al-Qaeda claims responsibility for Charlie Hebdo attack

Glad to see them reenforce the fight to wipe out these fools.

It should be a wakeup call to those countries that have not been hit yet, but are critical of the efforts to wipe out terrorism. Its not if but when it will happen. It doesn't have to be hatred for your country or anything the government does, but even your citizens actions can be enough to cause an attack.

Postes r made from an iPad or iPhone. Spelling and gramhair mistakes guaranteed move along,

HighJB

*** [

I see the new issue is available online here, but in French of course: http://www.scribd.com/doc/252607212/Charlie-Hebdo-1178-January-14-2015

I heard there is a plan to have this issue translated in English, spanish , german ...

Yes, I read that there would be other languages published with this issue, but haven't found any online copies.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Skyrad

I've not written anything about the attack up to now but after reflection I come to the following conclusion.

1) The cartoonists should not have been killed, there is no justification for that.

2) Charlie Hebdo is a shit two bit rag with 20K readership in a country of millions. Charlie Hebdo was like a drunk in a bar loud mouthing everyone and anyone for the sake of it.

3) Freedom of speech doesn't exist in France anyway.

4) I've more respect for the dead Muslim Police officer who was killed defending the cartoonists right to defame and insult his culture and religion than the cartoonists who were jumped up gobshites looking to provoke outrage without any aim other than that.

5) Kick a bear in the balls and don't be surprised to find its jaws around your throat. Bottom line is that while offending Muslims was the intention Charlie Hebdo was pretty fucking stupid as they purposely targeted IS and Al Bagdadi (among other psycho terrorists). Thats not big and its not clever it is actually pretty stupid accomplishes nothing and got some innocents killed in the process. Do they have the right to free speech, sure but with free speech comes consequences. Are you free to jump off a building without a rig? Sure but guess what that has consequences too.

6) Based on Stats Five people died on UK roads today and a further 50 injured because of drunk drivers, no one said anything about them. My condolences go to their families.

So if a frenchman decided to put a bullet in your forehead because he decided he is greatly offended by this post, nobody should be upset about it?

You are clearly taken a contrary and evocative stance on the subject. Meant to get a reaction, so if that reaction happens to be violent, you simply deserve it?

Weird stance.

If you read up on things, the publishers of the magazine and the people who worked there wre clearly aware of the risks they were taking. They had even taken some precuations to try and minimize that risk. What they refused to do is bow to the threat.

Yes they were assholes to everybody, that is kind of the point with satire. The issue is that one group decided that was enough to kill them. The murder people because of a cartoon.

If you are fine with people getting killed, because you agree that the cartoon was offensive, then you might as well pack your bags and see if you can get into Yemen.

BartsDaddy

So still blaming the victim. Just like rape case's. She was wearing a short skirt. She was asking for it. She was told before to ware pants. But she didn't listen. So she got what was coming to her.
Really. The victim is not the one to blame.

So in this case - is your statement still true?
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

turtlespeed

***So still blaming the victim. Just like rape case's. She was wearing a short skirt. She was asking for it. She was told before to ware pants. But she didn't listen. So she got what was coming to her.

I don't know that link comes up blank on my phone.
Handguns are only used to fight your way to a good rifle

turtlespeed

***So still blaming the victim. Just like rape case's. She was wearing a short skirt. She was asking for it. She was told before to ware pants. But she didn't listen. So she got what was coming to her.

Hmmm - Well, I'll try again.

Looks like I had an redundant url in there somewhere.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

As a parent, you have a direct responsibility for what your children have access to and what they do, whether it's to you or to someone else.

The toddler is not judged, legally or by common sense, to have an understanding of the consequences of its actions therefore the responsibility shifts to the parent or guardian. It is dependent on them. So in this case yes, it is quite obviously her fault, just as it would have been her fault if the toddler shot someone else or himself, just as it would have been if she'd accidentally shot herself.

Police and public prosecutors have not confirmed the Belgian link but an arms dealer, well known to the authorities, has been arrested in Charleroi, in the French speaking south of Belgium.
The unnamed man contacted police after he became frightened because he had swindled Coulibaly and was now terrified because of Frenchman's links to Islamist terror groups, according to media reports.

Source: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/belgium/11345264/Paris-attack-guns-bought-by-Amedy-Coulibaly-in-Belgium.html
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

HighJB

So ... we have to prepare to invade Belgium :D

The more I've learned about Belgium, the less I understand why it even exists.
Seems like Wallonia should be part of France, and Flanders should be part of the Netherlands.

HighJB

The more I've learned about Belgium, the less I understand why it even exists.

To brew very very good beers ?
more seriously, this is just the heritage of history (royal families and so on ...)

That whole region serves a very necessary purpose - they are an early warning system in case any large European country gets land grabby.

kinda like a canary in a mine

or a smoke detector

(that, and the beers)

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants