4 4
kallend

Another scumbag politician.

“It’s my absolute honor to be in Congress, but I serve with some real scumbags,” Rep. Tony Gonzales (R-Tex.) said Sunday on CNN’s “State of the Union.” He called out two GOP colleagues — Reps. Matt Gaetz (Fla.) and Bob Good (Va.) — who have broken with Johnson and voted against other legislation proposed by the GOP majority.

So there you have it.

3 hours ago, billvon said:

Yep.  It's a sad commentary on morality in America that shooting a dog will end a politician's career, but raping a woman will not.

It's more difficult to convince the base that the dog wanted it. :-(

8 hours ago, billvon said:

Yep.  It's a sad commentary on morality in America that shooting a dog will end a politician's career, but raping a woman will not.

The world is full of people how think more of dogs than they do of people. On both ends of the political spectrum and not just in the US. Noem is an idiot.

And another.

WASHINGTON — The Justice Department on Friday released an indictment against longtime Rep. Henry Cuellar, D-Texas, and his wife, Imelda, charging the pair with bribery and money laundering related to their ties with a bank in Mexico and an oil and gas company controlled by Azerbaijan.

17 hours ago, kallend said:

And another.

WASHINGTON — The Justice Department on Friday released an indictment against longtime Rep. Henry Cuellar, D-Texas, and his wife, Imelda, charging the pair with bribery and money laundering related to their ties with a bank in Mexico and an oil and gas company controlled by Azerbaijan.

yup, and feeds the lines that the GOP will use when they support trump by simply saying "Well, they are all crooks".  Scale matters, but in a lot of cases, they are not wrong.

I guess it is too much to just do your fucking job and enjoy the salary and benefits....   want to make more money?  Write a fucking book like they all do to get rich quick.

• Like 1

On 4/28/2024 at 11:34 AM, billvon said:

No doubt, it's sad.

In some cases the laws for animal abuse are stricter or more quickly applied than human abuse. I'm glad that the animal lovers rally together to go after anyone that abuses an animal. That doesn't happen in human abuse cases. 

On 5/3/2024 at 12:44 PM, kallend said:

And another.

The senile mob boss just can't help himself; He jumps to the defense of any crook, even if that crook is in the other party:

Screenshot 2024-05-06 at 06.59.58.png

3 hours ago, ryoder said:

The senile mob boss just can't help himself; He jumps to the defense of any crook, even if that crook is in the other party:...

When your basic defense of conduct is that the whole system is corrupt. When your base believes that cops, courts, government, judges and any tribe except yours are out to get you.

It all makes sense.

32 minutes ago, Phil1111 said:

When your basic defense of conduct is that the whole system is corrupt. When your base believes that cops, courts, government, judges and any tribe except yours are out to get you.

It all makes sense.

Funny how the narrative changed so quickly from 'just a few bad apples' when they started thinking it was them in the firing line, not just coloured people.

I read a very good article recently asking why professional conspiracy theorists never show any interest in the multitude of real corporate, legal and governmental conspiracies that affect our daily lives and instead prefer to chase chemtrails and 4G... but it's an example that really shouldn't apply to an entire mainstream political party.

1 hour ago, jakee said:

Funny how the narrative changed so quickly from 'just a few bad apples' when they started thinking it was them in the firing line, not just coloured people.

I read a very good article recently asking why professional conspiracy theorists never show any interest in the multitude of real corporate, legal and governmental conspiracies that affect our daily lives and instead prefer to chase chemtrails and 4G... but it's an example that really shouldn't apply to an entire mainstream political party.

Marco Rubio just did an interview on I24 the Israeli 24 hour news channel. He talked about the pro-palestinian protests on universities in the US. He stated that the reason for them is that the world wide left has seized control of teaching at these universities. That all these protestors believe Israel doesn't have a right to exist. That they are a part of a worldwide anti Jewish conspiracy by the left. That education at these universities has been corrupted by the radial left.

Should sell good in Israel and the MAGA base.

Palestine is the only country on earth that has no right to resist occupation, land theft, ethnic cleansing and genocide. WHY?

Why does the entire planet have to ignore or forget what Israel has done TO the Palestinians for the last 70+ years?

10 minutes ago, normiss said:

Palestine is the only country on earth that has no right to resist occupation, land theft, ethnic cleansing and genocide. WHY?

The Western World mostly doesn't recognize Palestine as a country.

11 minutes ago, normiss said:

Why does the entire planet have to ignore or forget what Israel has done TO the Palestinians for the last 70+ years?

Don't think that is the case either. No party can claim the moral high ground here. I honestly don't think there will ever be a solution to this issue.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, SkyDekker said:

Don't think that is the case either. No party can claim the moral high ground here. I honestly don't think there will ever be a solution to this issue.

In my lifetime, it has been more penal colony than country, and the abuse from Israel has been non-stop, much like the punching back from Palestine.

The world would be a better place without religions.

3 hours ago, normiss said:

Uh - I am sure you have noticed all the anti-Israeli-aggression demonstrations around the country, right?  I mean, there are so many of them that conservatives are falling all over themselves trying to find new insults to describe them.

(edited)
4 hours ago, normiss said:

All of the Arab states bordering Israel immediately attacked Israel when the state was founded. Subsequently Israel made peace with them. Subsequently in 1967 and 1973 Israel was attacked again Again Israel made peace with them subsequently giving the occupied Egyptian land back. Originally the Palestinians had many Arab states supporting them. Today they have little or no support. None of the wars were initiated by the stateless Palestinians themselves

The main reason is that Iran is using its proxy government Hamas to further its stated objective of destroying Israel. To kill every Jew. The other Arab states recognize the danger of Iranian proxy armies. They have now turned down Palestinian support because of Hamas and Hezbollah. More recently Houthi rebels have fought a war with Saudi Arabia. Turning the Saudis towards recognizing Israel. All to counter Iran.

So Gaza has Hamas which most countries consider a terrorist organization with no authority. Few Gaza Palestinians support Hamas. But because of oppression most polls have shown support for the Hamas attack. On the west bank the PA is seen as completely corrupt. Their support undercut by the actions of the Israel government. Mostly from the Netanyahu right wing parties.

4 hours ago, SkyDekker said:

The Palestinian people in general have nothing wrong. They have been pawns of corrupt leaders, foreign governments, Israel and religion. I agree the solution isn't easy.

4 hours ago, normiss said:

In my lifetime, it has been more penal colony than country, and the abuse from Israel has been non-stop, much like the punching back from Palestine.

The absence of political leadership will allow this to continue. Even if Gaza is rebuilt, until they make peace with Israel their plight will go on. They absolutely will continue to be a stateless people until they  turn their backs on Iranian influence.

In addition the control of the religious right parties on the Israeli government needs to end. Perhaps a hard line from the US is necessary. i.e. Force an end to illegal west bank Israeli settlements. Get the corruption out of the PA and ban Iranian influenced parties and players. By withholding aid until Israel realized this is an endless unwinnable war.

All of the major Israeli newspapers have recently carried a story almost identical to this one: "Netanyahu prefers weakened Hamas in Gaza to secure power and avoid recognition of alternatives by the international community" If a international peace force that builds a Palestinian state post war "This will also lead directly to the dissolution of the Ben-Gvir-Smotrich-Netanyahu government. This shows the rationale that led Smotrich to declare in 2015 that "Hamas is an asset" and that Netanyahu said at the Likud party meeting in 2019 that we should support the strengthening of Hamas. These ideologies have not changed at all since October 2023"

Edited by Phil1111

7 hours ago, normiss said:

Every DZ on the Planet fights, or struggles to accommodate, their legitimate neighboring land owners, over trespass issues. Like the Isrealis we arrive with the power of federal (international) law and case law in hand and demand our rights over other peoples property. No wonder there are objections.

16 hours ago, normiss said:

Most on both sides of this coin will only point back to 1948, some go back to the Balfour Agreement, but most will not explore the history of conflict between Palestine & Israel for some 10,000 years.      

7 minutes ago, BIGUN said:

Most on both sides of this coin will only point back to 1948, some go back to the Balfour Agreement, but most will not explore the history of conflict between Palestine & Israel for some 10,000 years.      

Every single country or region in the world has a 10,000 year history of conflict with its neighbours.

50 minutes ago, BIGUN said:

most will not explore the history of conflict between Palestine & Israel for some 10,000 years.      

The earliest known Jewish history, Egyptian records are from 1200 BCE. Which goes a long way to explaining why no one ever speaks of the conflict 10,000 years ago.