billvon

Obama raises money off Benghazi

Can he sink any lower?

=====================
Trey Gowdy Says People Shouldn't Fundraise Off Benghazi, NRCC Apparently Disagrees
Posted: 05/07/2014 10:35 am

WASHINGTON -- Rep. Trey Gowdy (R-S.C.) on Wednesday morning urged his fellow lawmakers not to use the investigation he is leading into the 2012 attacks in Benghazi, Libya, to raise money, calling it a subject that "transcends politics."

Minutes earlier, the National Republican Congressional Committee sent out a fundraising email tied to Gowdy's role leading a select committee to investigate the attacks.

The timing of the two events points to a problem that Republican leadership will likely encounter as it looks into the Obama administration's handling of the attacks on the U.S. consulate in Benghazi, which left four Americans dead. The temptation to rev up the base and raise money from it too could end up damaging the investigation's credibility even before it starts.

. . .

Half an hour before Gowdy made those comments, the NRCC sent out an email from a website it runs called BenghaziWatchdogs.com. "A new Select Committee headed by South Carolina Congressman Trey Gowdy and appointed with special powers by Speaker John Boehner will begin a thorough investigation of what happened that night," it read.

In the email, the NRCC linked to a contribution page that alerted those who clicked through that they were "now a Benghazi Watchdog" and asked them for donations ranging between $25 and $500
=======================

regulator

***never let a crisis go to waste.

which is the battle cry for all liberals.

Newsflash: Political group references current affairs for fundraising purposes.

Other news: Bear in woods, shits.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

jakee

******never let a crisis go to waste.

which is the battle cry for all liberals.

Newsflash: Political group references current affairs for fundraising purposes.

Other news: Bear in woods, shits.

You sir are a comic. Got me laughing out loud over here.
"Are you coming to the party?
Oh I'm coming, but I won't be there!"
Flying Hellfish #828
Dudist #52

tkhayes

The Republicans used the two wars to raise a lot of money - is that any different?

Read the post rather than just the headline and I believe you'll see he's saying it's exactly the same.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

You know what I find funny about this post Bill?

What is funny is I got threatened with a permanent ban for baiting for doing something nearly exactly the same as you have here
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

kelpdiver

false subject trolling? Please set a better example. (better yet, ban the practice entirely)

My guess is that he's mimicking some of the right-wingers who rush to post based on an article they don't read well enough to make a bullshit point they're strongly predisposed to believing.

Seems to have happened a few times in recent weeks, and the shit-show is hilarious to watch.

Be humble, ask questions, listen, learn, follow the golden rule, talk when necessary, and know when to shut the fuck up.

tkhayes

The Republicans used the two wars to raise a lot of money - is that any different?

I see that Rep. J. Chaffetz, R-Utah, admits that the House GOP voted to cut funding for embassy security in 2012.

Oh the hypocrisy.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

rushmc

What is funny is I got threatened with a permanent ban for baiting for doing something nearly exactly the same as you have here

Marc, could you find the post you mean and the threat given? I'd like to see them.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

quade

***What is funny is I got threatened with a permanent ban for baiting for doing something nearly exactly the same as you have here

Marc, could you find the post you mean and the threat given? I'd like to see them.

PM sent
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

kallend

***The Republicans used the two wars to raise a lot of money - is that any different?

I see that Rep. J. Chaffetz, R-Utah, admits that the House GOP voted to cut funding for embassy security in 2012.

Oh the hypocrisy.

From what I understand, Benghazi was a consulate or outpost not an embassy. The personnel stationed there requested emergency assistance and/or evacuation. Their request was denied. The assets were available and the BHO administration refused to deploy them. Funding was not a consideration at this juncture.

The BHO administration was reluctant to provide adequate military force to rescue Captain Phillips in the Maersk Alabama incident.

This is a pattern indicating the gross lack of leadership at the highest level.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

masterblaster72

***false subject trolling? Please set a better example. (better yet, ban the practice entirely)

My guess is that he's mimicking some of the right-wingers who rush to post based on an article they don't read well enough to make a bullshit point they're strongly predisposed to believing.

I have little doubt of this. But didn't your mother tell you "two wrongs don't make a right?" I'd like to see such posts deleted as trolling. And mods should set the example.

kelpdiver

******false subject trolling? Please set a better example. (better yet, ban the practice entirely)

I have little doubt of this. But didn't your mother tell you "two wrongs don't make a right?" I'd like to see such posts deleted as trolling. And mods should set the example.

You call him a mod? In name only, maybe
If some old guy can do it then obviously it can't be very extreme. Otherwise he'd already be dead.
Bruce McConkey 'I thought we were gonna die, and I couldn't think of anyone

kelpdiver

false subject trolling? Please set a better example. (better yet, ban the practice entirely)

What's false about it? He didn't claim Obama was raising money for the Dems.

Folks shouldn't rush to wrong conclusions.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

John your one and only warning. Cut it out.

(I'm playing fake mod for the day....but the feeling of power, as false as it is.....well it feels good. But then again I'm easy to entertain)
Kevin Keenan is my hero, a double FUP, he does so much with so little

mirage62

John your one and only warning. Cut it out.

(I'm playing fake mod for the day....but the feeling of power, as false as it is.....well it feels good. But then again I'm easy to entertain)

Well... stop it! you're killin' me over here! :ph34r::ph34r:

Chuck

kelpdiver

******false subject trolling? Please set a better example. (better yet, ban the practice entirely)

I'd like to see him ban himself; that would be amusing.

In all seriousness though, I liked the post and found the sarcasm and playful mockery disruptive to the typical left/right monotony usually found here.

Be humble, ask questions, listen, learn, follow the golden rule, talk when necessary, and know when to shut the fuck up.

The BHO administration was reluctant to provide adequate military force to rescue Captain Phillips in the Maersk Alabama incident.

They were "reluctant to" but ended up getting a battle group and Navy Seals there within a couple days?

- Dan G

DanG

They were "reluctant to" but ended up getting a battle group and Navy Seals there within a couple days?

And then they had to stand down on deck until the ship captain gave the order to shoot. The SEALs could have made that rescue within 24 hours if it had not been for BHO's ROE.

http://www.truthorfiction.com/rumors/w/Wheeler-Pirates-Seals.htm#.U26RBPldUrk
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

RonD1120

And then they had to stand down on deck until the ship captain gave the order to shoot. The SEALs could have made that rescue within 24 hours if it had not been for BHO's ROE.

http://www.truthorfiction.com/rumors/w/Wheeler-Pirates-Seals.htm#.U26RBPldUrk

That's a lovely story. Shame it's undermined by being total bollocks tho.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?