Amazon

Are you a RINO???

What is the video about? I can't be arsed to watch it when it started with that emotional manipulation horseshit about how its so awful to require a valid ID to vote, when I live in a country, where if you don't have a valid government approved photo ID, you do not vote. Period. And FYI drivers license isn't a valid ID here even if it has your photo & SSN on it.
Your rights end where my feelings begin.

GeorgiaDon

...I dropped out the GOP a long time ago.

Dropped out like this?

I'm not sure how to take that. I'll choose humorous.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

Oh, definitely humorous. Just a combination of "dropped out", GOP, and the RINO thread.

Hope you're not freezing up in the mountains. I'm ready for Spring.

Don

GeorgiaDon

Oh, definitely humorous. Just a combination of "dropped out", GOP, and the RINO thread.

Hope you're not freezing up in the mountains. I'm ready for Spring.

Don

I don't mind the cold. My wife, however, is definitely ready.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

Arvoitus

What is the video about? I can't be arsed to watch it when it started with that emotional manipulation horseshit about how its so awful to require a valid ID to vote, when I live in a country, where if you don't have a valid government approved photo ID, you do not vote. Period. And FYI drivers license isn't a valid ID here even if it has your photo & SSN on it.

I can't be arsed to interpret

i can. it amounts to the same thing as trying to eliminate the problem of people dying from ant bites by dumping poison over the whole countryside and piece of grass, when there are about 30 deaths from ant bites annually. it said there were 86 cases of voter fraud in one election, or .00004%. and skip to the middle of the video, it gets really good halfway through.

a driver's license or valid state id should be enough, it doesn't mention why she didn't have a state id, though. i sent this to one of my die-hard tea party friends on facebook; it was enough to get a phone call and not a lengthy response if that tells you anything.

It's interesting that it's a matter of drawing lines. Again. As always. Drawing lines and fighting over where the line is drawn or should be drawn.

Some people say that gun control is appropriate if we can save one life. Some people say that preventing just one case of voter fraud would substantiate the burden of voter ID. Or precenting one terrorist incident justifies unreasonable searches by the government.

There are so many shades of gray that to acknowledge them might be to accept that reasonable minds can differ. Such acknowledgment, of course, is anathema to politics.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

lawrocket

It's interesting that it's a matter of drawing lines. Again. As always. Drawing lines and fighting over where the line is drawn or should be drawn.

Some people say that gun control is appropriate if we can save one life. Some people say that preventing just one case of voter fraud would substantiate the burden of voter ID. Or precenting one terrorist incident justifies unreasonable searches by the government.

There are so many shades of gray that to acknowledge them might be to accept that reasonable minds can differ. Such acknowledgment, of course, is anathema to politics.

I get what you are seeing, though I don't quite see how death and voter fraud are quite on the same playing field.

I think it is pretty clear that these voter ID laws have absolutely nothing to do with voter fraud.

SkyDekker

***It's interesting that it's a matter of drawing lines. Again. As always. Drawing lines and fighting over where the line is drawn or should be drawn.

I get what you are seeing, though I don't quite see how death and voter fraud are quite on the same playing field.

I think it is pretty clear that these voter ID laws have absolutely nothing to do with voter fraud.

Correct.. it is a treasonous attack on America. To deny any American that has not been judged and have their voting rights removed by a court is UN-AMERICAN and those who practice this form attack on our system deserve to have THEIR rights removed for it... by a court of course. We did not fight for the rights of SOME people to vote.. although the founders did so and wrote it into the constitution... So I guess all these wonderful American Conservatives.. usually white.. and usually male.. seem to want to conserve their rights from 200 plus years ago.

The problem for conservatives is all those former slaves and women who now have the rights to participate as full members of our society as Americans have the RIGHT to vote.

If you can't win on your ideas... you do not deserve to win at all.

For more or less those same reason, I'm no longer a democrat. They have merged with the right and abandoned their base. I am, and have been for the last ten years, a political orphan.

Some would say there's a freedom in that, bit would disagree. Since I have no party to advocate for my interests, I get no service from elected officials, no attention whatsoever from candidates and am denied a vote and voice in primaries. I am not allowed to run for office ( not that I want to ), due to the barrier of cash needed to purchase a slot on the ballot and have vanishingly few resources to find and mobilize like minded fellows. The corporate money that fuels elections now has effectively suppressed all opposition and tamed both parties. I have withdrawn from the process because of this and am simply waiting for the next asteroid to set things right.>:(

Skydivers don't knock on Death's door. They ring the bell and runaway... It really pisses him off.
-The World Famous Tink. (I never heard of you either!!)
AA #2069 ASA#33 POPS#8808 Swooo 1717

i used to do that until i got fed up with the extent of the corruption here. then i became an activist, and have actually started to make a (however small) difference. it is frustrating, but the more voices that are heard, the more things are likely to change. i used to be registered as an independent until i found out that they were a party, then i went to a democrat.

When unions can outspend corporates, then and only then will that be true. We'll have to overcome something like a ten to one ratio.
Skydivers don't knock on Death's door. They ring the bell and runaway... It really pisses him off.

OK Scooby here's just one, and it's even worse than I tought.
http://www.opensecrets.org/pres12/

From there you get ( based on FEC numbers) a total of For the Dems. ( Tweedle Dee ):
$211,919,676 form all sources other than labor.
$494,094 from labor.
A whopping .0023... of the total.

And for the GOP ( Tweedle Dum ):
$240,368,796 from sources other than labor.
$4250 form labor.
A whopping .000017.. of the total.

I can now see why you think labor spending needs to be curtailed.