kallend

The Hobby Lobby case

You are saying that with your new laws, I could break my leg today. Go to the ER, get it all set and cast.

Then buy insurance tomorrow and they would pay the ER bill?

Or are you saying that I can buy insurance today, and it would cover the Chemo treatment I have scheduled for Friday due to the cancer I already had?

SkyDekker

You are saying that with your new laws, I could break my leg today. Go to the ER, get it all set and cast.

Then buy insurance tomorrow and they would pay the ER bill?

Or are you saying that I can buy insurance today, and it would cover the Chemo treatment I have scheduled for Friday due to the cancer I already had?

I have read both but
I would be more inclined to believe the latter
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

I would believe the latter to be the truth as well.

So that is basically the same as auto insurance then. Future costs related to a "pre-existing" condition are covered.

If I am known to have a problem with speeding, evidenced by speeding tickets (or falling within the paramaters of a group known for speeding) my premiums go up, but I would still be covered for the costs associated with an accident, even if it was the result of speeding.

>The Hobby Lobby case requires the court to decide whether a corporation has
>sincere religious beliefs that would be compromised by having its health plan cover
>the contraception that it once covered because it believes that contraception
>causes abortions . . . .

Although one good way to reduce the need to cover contraceptives is to . . . implement the ACA.

===================
Study Finds Sicklier Enrollees in Earliest Stage of Health Law
By KATIE THOMASAPRIL 9, 2014

People who signed up early for insurance through the new marketplaces were more likely to be prescribed drugs to treat pain, depression and H.I.V. and were less likely to need contraceptives, according to a new study that provides a much-anticipated look at the population that signed up for coverage under the new health care law.
====================

ryoder

Hey the mother gave birth... there is no longer a fetus so the fake family values of Hobby Lobby are on display once the child was born. The mother and child no longer matter to the fake family values aka pro life crowd.

ryoder

So you think you have the total story?

I think I will wait a bit and see of another side of this surfaces
But you and Amazon, have a blast with in now. Ok?
Abraham Lincoln

rushmc

Would a public stoning of that slut suffice for Hobby Lobby since that would be part of their closely held beliefs for a single unwed mother????

Another Link..... and one picture saves a thousand words.

Amazon

Would a public stoning of that slut suffice for Hobby Lobby since that would be part of their closely held beliefs for a single unwed mother????

Wow
such anger and vitriol

BTW
NO ONE is being denied anything
Please stop the lie
Abraham Lincoln

rushmc

Wow
such anger and vitriol

BTW
Please stop the lie

Are you capable of actually reading the articles or do you just assume all the wonderfully enlightened insight into conservative thought that you post daily??[:/]

To qualify for the benefit of maternal leave to give birth, you have to have worked at a company for a certain length of time. Simple as that.

If the 'time of employment period' wasn't in place, the maternal leave benefit would be gamed.

If Catholic hospitals are exempted, then hobby lobby should be too. ( the "non profit" tax status crap is a silly distinction) All of the venom pointed at hobby lobby in this thread should be equally spewed against Catholic hospitals, who employ hundreds of thousands. Can't have it both ways.

dpreguy

To qualify for the benefit of maternal leave to give birth, you have to have worked at a company for a certain length of time. Simple as that.

If the 'time of employment period' wasn't in place, the maternal leave benefit would be gamed.

If Catholic hospitals are exempted, then hobby lobby should be too. ( the "non profit" tax status crap is a silly distinction) All of the venom pointed at hobby lobby in this thread should be equally spewed against Catholic hospitals, who employ hundreds of thousands. Can't have it both ways.

It's the right wing Christian thing to do since family values are not really what their DEEDS are showing.

dpreguy

The article seems to show that she was just looking to resume working 3 weeks after birth, not that she was seeking federally mandated benefits that she did not qualify for. And to be precise, there's no "have to have worked" in this - she notified her employer of the situation and was assured that this was alright.

The irony of this all was written later in the article in that HL forces all employees to agree to arbitration for disputes.

“I think it’s an interesting confluence here with Hobby Lobby being in the news with that big case, but if that were an employment case where an employee wanted to make a claim, we would never see that case at the Supreme Court because it would be stayed in arbitration,” Colvin said. “So, ironically, Hobby Lobby gets to go to the Supreme Court because they want to challenge this, but their own employees don’t get to go to court.”

kelpdiver

***To qualify for the benefit of maternal leave to give birth, you have to have worked at a company for a certain length of time. Simple as that.

The article seems to show that she was just looking to resume working 3 weeks after birth, not that she was seeking federally mandated benefits that she did not qualify for. And to be precise, there's no "have to have worked" in this - she notified her employer of the situation and was assured that this was alright.

The irony of this all was written later in the article in that HL forces all employees to agree to arbitration for disputes.

“I think it’s an interesting confluence here with Hobby Lobby being in the news with that big case, but if that were an employment case where an employee wanted to make a claim, we would never see that case at the Supreme Court because it would be stayed in arbitration,” Colvin said. “So, ironically, Hobby Lobby gets to go to the Supreme Court because they want to challenge this, but their own employees don’t get to go to court.”

I especially LOVE this snip from the other article concerning this case....

But Hobby Lobby is unusual in its allowance for Christian-influenced arbitration overseen by either the American Arbitration Association (AAA) or the Institute for Christian Conciliation (ICC).

While the secular AAA is the largest dispute-resolution provider in the U.S., ICC is operated by Peacemaker Ministries – which teaches that Christians may not sue other Christians but must instead resolve disputes within the church.

So not sueing others is now a closely held Christian value???:S:S:S

I am not a religious person. But if that is a christian virtue. I wish more people had it.
Use to be two or more people could talk out there differences and come to an amicable solution. Anymore that is hard to do because people are advised don't say anything and contact a lawyer to sue and see how much money you can get.
Handguns are only used to fight your way to a good rifle

BartsDaddy

I am not a religious person. But if that is a christian virtue. I wish more people had it.
Use to be two or more people could talk out there differences and come to an amicable solution. Anymore that is hard to do because people are advised don't say anything and contact a lawyer to sue and see how much money you can get.

Interesting though that a couple of owners who expect and demand that others follow their deeply held beliefs.. would expect their employees to abide by something the owners supposedly believe in.. and then sue others all the way to the Supreme Court...

What is that called again??? I am searching for the right word here...

Amazon

Wow
such anger and vitriol

BTW
Please stop the lie

Are you capable of actually reading the articles or do you just assume all the wonderfully enlightened insight into conservative thought that you post daily??[:/]

I am capable of staying on the subject
You only show emotion and moving goal posts

Again
Abraham Lincoln

rushmc

Wow
such anger and vitriol

BTW
Please stop the lie

I am capable of staying on the subject
You only show emotion and moving goal posts

Again

So much "truthiness" so little reality:S:S:S

kelpdiver

Again

Other than unpaid sick leave or employment, you mean.

this thread is about birth control

Hobby Lobby only objects to 3 or 4 of the 16 available and will pay (though its health insurance) for those to which it does not object
And those 3 or 4 can still be purchased

So, NO ONE is being denied anything

If we must have the debate, let's at least be honest about it
Abraham Lincoln

rushmc

Again

Hobby Lobby only objects to 3 or 4 of the 16 available and will pay (though its health insurance) for those to which it does not object

I really wish you would.

Your support for corporate hypocrisy is quite interesting but not surprising Marc.

They fired a pregnant woman, she was not looking to get an abortion with any of the things the owners of the corporation find so abhorrent with their closely held beliefs. But yet their investment portfolio has all of the companies in it who produce those drugs.

They would not rehire her after the baby was born

They want children to be born by any means no matter how that man gets in there for the genetic win.
They do not want to support the children born to women after their closely held beliefs have the usual outcome.

Amazon

Again

I really wish you would.

Your support for corporate hypocrisy is quite interesting but not surprising Marc.

They fired a pregnant woman, she was not looking to get an abortion with any of the things the owners of the corporation find so abhorrent with their closely held beliefs. But yet their investment portfolio has all of the companies in it who produce those drugs.

They would not rehire her after the baby was born

They want children to be born by any means no matter how that man gets in there for the genetic win.
They do not want to support the children born to women after their closely held beliefs have the usual outcome.

Start a new thread
Abraham Lincoln