jclalor

Obama care is a pain in the ass

I'm at the my doctor's yesterday for my yearly checkup when he gives me the news that every person wants to hear; since you're now 50, it's time for your first colonoscopy. I have had friends at my work who have had them before and they have had to pay our insurance deductible of $2000. The doctor told me that now, due to the ACA, I won't pay a penny due to it being preventative.

If I wasn't sold before, (witch I was) I am now, and so will millions of others.

you posted that on purpose right? just to get the obvious response

so.....what you're saying here -

is that you're thrilled for the ACA because now you are more than happy to bend over and grab your ankles

:D

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

Don't forget the part about looking forward to getting air blown up his ass :ph34r:

Wendy P.

There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

jclalor

I'm at the my doctor's yesterday for my yearly checkup when he gives me the news that every person wants to hear; since you're now 50, it's time for your first colonoscopy. I have had friends at my work who have had them before and they have had to pay our insurance deductible of $2000. The doctor told me that now, due to the ACA, I won't pay a penny due to it being preventative.

If I wasn't sold before, (witch I was) I am now, and so will millions of others.

It's an ill wind that blows nobody good.

Boogers

******So who is paying for it?

The good folks at Healthnet.
Where does Healthnet get the money to pay for it?

The pool of money individuals and corporations pay into it. It's called insurance. You might want to look into how it works.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

normiss

$0 out of pocket.

I figure you could have used the phrase "out of pocket" with this thread in a more "Friday post humor" fashion.

On the other (rubber gloved) hand, for some, comedy isn't just something you find in a dark hole.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

quade

*** . . . it's time for your first colonoscopy.

The actual procedure is trivial. Seriously. People get way too worked up about it.

However, the prep . . . fuck that.

what's the point of giving advice to these people, it just goes in one end and out the other

quade

*********So who is paying for it?

The good folks at Healthnet.
Where does Healthnet get the money to pay for it?

The pool of money individuals and corporations pay into it. It's called insurance. You might want to look into how it works.

And taking it even a bit further, now that insurance companies have to spend 80% of revenue on patient care, or give rebates, they now can "afford" to pay for preventive care.

One of my very conservative friends (Alex jones conservative) at work, who also turned fifty was outraged that the government was forced to pay for my exam, after I explained to him the law, he said he wanted to see my receipts, and if true he would take back everything he has said about Obama care, he also seemed happier that any man should at the prospect of even a free colonoscopy.

Is it truly a product of Obama Care or is it simply a product of your new insurance plan?

My father's insurance would have covered this prior to ACA when he was paying ~$300/mo instead of now when he is paying ~$475/mo. The details of his plan have not changed extensively but he was unable to keep his insurance plan that he had prior to ACA despite all of Mr. Obama's promises.

Just goes to show that some people actually enjoy having Obama shove shit up their ass and then turn around and thank him for it. I'm sorry, ACA is still one of the stupidiest pieces of legislation since the Patriot Act.

melch

Is it truly a product of Obama Care or is it simply a product of your new insurance plan?

My father's insurance would have covered this prior to ACA when he was paying ~$300/mo instead of now when he is paying ~$475/mo. The details of his plan have not changed extensively but he was unable to keep his insurance plan that he had prior to ACA despite all of Mr. Obama's promises.

Just goes to show that some people actually enjoy having Obama shove shit up their ass and then turn around and thank him for it. I'm sorry, ACA is still one of the stupidiest pieces of legislation since the Patriot Act.

Preventative care such as colonoscopies and mammograms are now free under any insurance policy, it's part of the ACA. I've had the same insurance for 10 years, and like the vast majority of the previously insured, my plan has only changed in my favor.

The reason your father could not keep his prior plan was due to it being garbage, and Obama feels that people should carry a minimum level of insurance so they do not become a burden to society.

Thinking that perhaps the procedure was a component of my "new" insurance, and not knowing that preventive care is free for everyone who is insured, disqualifies you from talking shit, like most opponents of the ACA, you appear to know very little about the ACA.

jclalor

Preventative care such as colonoscopies and mammograms are now free under any insurance policy, it's part of the ACA.

Small point of terminology.

They aren't "free." The are now required to be "covered" or "included," but not actually "free."
quade -

quade

***Preventative care such as colonoscopies and mammograms are now free under any insurance policy, it's part of the ACA.

They aren't "free." The are now required to be "covered" or "included," but not actually "free."

Free for the end user. And while I patiently wait for the first grandmother to have the "plug" pulled on her, I wonder how many people will have colonoscopies and mammograms, who previously could not, and now will have their life saved because of it.

jclalor

******Preventative care such as colonoscopies and mammograms are now free under any insurance policy, it's part of the ACA.

Free for the end user.

Not really. They are covered by the insurance the user is paying into.

What's different is they are now covered as part of the requirements of ACA whereas before you might have been paying into insurance and not getting the service.

It's like going to a restaurant and them telling you they've changed their menu and now you get a free cup of soup when you order a salad. Well, you can't just get a free cup of soup, they aren't actually giving it away, you have to order the salad first.
quade -

jclalor

Free for the end user. And while I patiently wait for the first grandmother to have the "plug" pulled on her, I wonder how many people will have colonoscopies and mammograms, who previously could not, and now will have their life saved because of it.

I see what you did there.;)
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

quade

It's like going to a restaurant and them telling you they've changed their menu and now you get a free cup of soup when you order a salad. Well, you can't just get a free cup of soup, they aren't actually giving it away, you have to order the salad first.

if that colonoscopy results in someone not getting terminal cancer that costs hundreds of thousands to not cure, then that soup may end up being free after all.

Preventative medicine generally has a high ROI, not to mention keeping the patients in better health, which is the point of health care in the first place.