dorkitup

Active shooter - DC Navy yard

kallend

*********I still feel that if guns are taken away from law abiding citizens...

Chuck

Apparently Mr. Alexis had never been convicted of anything, so he WAS a law abiding citizen, right up until the instant of his death. Ask Turtlespeed.

However, he WAS Texan.

http://spdblotter.seattle.gov/2013/09/16/suspect-in-navy-yard-attack-previously-arrested-in-seattle-for-anger-fueled-shooting/

Law abiding, except for the whole shooting out the tires of cars in 2004 :S

But Turtlespeed told us very clearly that he is innocent until proven guilty in court. And that never happened.

Therefore, law abiding.

You like riding on Tops don't you , spin spin spin . . .
What I said is you are only a CRIMINAL if you have been convicted in court.
I never used the words "Law Abiding Citizen".

You have a teaching degree, therefore you must be a high school teacher.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

kallend

*********It's also being reported he was hearing voices.

It was reported also that 'supposedly' he contacted 2 professional sources who he said would not help him. This made him upset and he went over the edge and proceeded to open fire.
To me, it's amazing that the guy, with all that has been said about his background, was able to get 'top security'. How was the guy allowed to get this far? Someone somewhere wasn't paying attention.

Chuck I remember the old days when employers would never hire someone with less than an honorable discharge. I guess that doesn't float today.

Where did it say he had a "less than honorable" discharge? CNN "By the time the Navy began to seek a "general discharge" for Alexis, he had eight instances of misconduct on his record, including insubordination, disorderly conduct, unauthorized absences from work, and at least one instance of drunkenness. But in the end, he left the service with an honorable discharge because he had never been convicted and there was a lack of evidence to merit a general discharge, a U.S. defense official said."

You are correct.
Do your part for global warming: ban beans and hold all popcorn farts.

turtlespeed

************I still feel that if guns are taken away from law abiding citizens...

Chuck

Apparently Mr. Alexis had never been convicted of anything, so he WAS a law abiding citizen, right up until the instant of his death. Ask Turtlespeed.

However, he WAS Texan.

http://spdblotter.seattle.gov/2013/09/16/suspect-in-navy-yard-attack-previously-arrested-in-seattle-for-anger-fueled-shooting/

But Turtlespeed told us very clearly that he is innocent until proven guilty in court. And that never happened.

Therefore, law abiding.

Ummm POST #27, this thread:

Hmmm.

One might argue that they are law abiding citizens until they are convicted of a crime.

Don't tell me that you conveniently forgot about that whole burden of proof thing, and innocent until proven guilty in a court of law thing . . . did you?

Seems you can't even remember what you wrote just a day ago. (Or you're being dishonest)

FAIL yet again. My degrees are not in teaching.

Why don't you quit while only a little way behind.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Not to defend this guy....but when I was in the Navy....
this could have been any weekend judging the sailor behavior I saw.

Come to think of it....
When in California in the 80's and going to A school (Sperry/Univac AN/UYK-7) I was twice charged with "unauthorized absence". I overslept and was late to work (school).
After being threatened with loss of rank, loss of pay grade, and getting dropped from the computer science classes....I haven't been late for anything since.
:P

kallend

***"What becomes pretty clear, pretty fast is the guy was probably mentally disturbed and shouldn't have had access to guns. "

We always stop right there, like it's perfectly acceptable.

Mass shootings have become as American as Apple Pie and baseball.

As I was saying...

www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2013/09/16/mass-killings-data-map/2820423/

normiss

Not to defend this guy....but when I was in the Navy....
this could have been any weekend judging the sailor behavior I saw.

Come to think of it....
When in California in the 80's and going to A school (Sperry/Univac AN/UYK-7) I was twice charged with "unauthorized absence". I overslept and was late to work (school).
After being threatened with loss of rank, loss of pay grade, and getting dropped from the computer science classes....I haven't been late for anything since.
:P

Now, we know why US Navy Ships have Marines onboard. I always thought they were there to dance with you.:P

normiss

Somebody's gotta give them rides around the scary water so they can kill people.

Speaking of Marines...WHY did we stop using them for base security?
I would think them a better security than civilian security guards.

I agree, but take a look at: "This is Not Your Fathers Navy".:http://www.michaelsavage.wnd.com/2013/09/michael-savage-this-is-not-your-fathers-navy/

kallend

Well, that's good news for the dead people.

that is sick
Why do you hate those people

It is good news for the law abiding however
The bitch from CA and guys like you just lost some of the alarmist power you though would give you gun ban momentum

So, it is bad news for you and yours
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

kallend

******"What becomes pretty clear, pretty fast is the guy was probably mentally disturbed and shouldn't have had access to guns. "

As I was saying...

SO you want to pick and choose whether you use a short term trend (here) or long term trends (climate) when it supports your agenda

Got it
Abraham Lincoln

rushmc

*********"What becomes pretty clear, pretty fast is the guy was probably mentally disturbed and shouldn't have had access to guns. "

As I was saying...

SO you want to pick and choose whether you use a short term trend (here) or long term trends (climate) when it supports your agenda

Got it

I didn't choose - that was the article's authors. You do understand about articles and their authors, right?

Choose whatever time frame you want for mass shootings, and tell us which western nation has more than the USA in that period.

kallend

************"What becomes pretty clear, pretty fast is the guy was probably mentally disturbed and shouldn't have had access to guns. "

As I was saying...

Got it

I didn't choose - that was the article's authors. You do understand about articles and their authors, right?

Choose whatever time frame you want for mass shootings, and tell us which western nation has more than the USA in that period.

I have become to understand you
And therefore I have learned to deal with things that are less than honest
Abraham Lincoln

Bignugget

So you are saying that he is not a criminal?

Brainwashing students isn't quite a crime yet, so, yes, I am saying John isn't a criminal. Then again, I didn't search for a record of conviction either.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama

kallend

***************I still feel that if guns are taken away from law abiding citizens...

Chuck

However, he WAS Texan.

Therefore, law abiding.

Ummm POST #27, this thread:

Hmmm.

One might argue that they are law abiding citizens until they are convicted of a crime.

Don't tell me that you conveniently forgot about that whole burden of proof thing, and innocent until proven guilty in a court of law thing . . . did you?

Seems you can't even remember what you wrote just a day ago. (Or you're being dishonest)

FAIL yet again. My degrees are not in teaching.

Why don't you quit while only a little way behind.

No, you are correct in this. I thought I had worded it different, I should have gone back to look, but it was just too much trouble.

It does stand though, legally he is a law abiding until convicted.
So are you.

Two weeks before his ER visit, for instance, he complained to police in Rhode Island that people were talking to him through the walls and ceilings of his hotel room and sending microwave vibrations into his body to deprive him of sleep. Navy officials said the Newport police reported the incident to officers at the base security office, but nothing more was done about it because he did not appear to be a threat to himself or anyone else at the time.

Full article
http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/investigators-review-erratic-behavior-dc-gunman-20302816

Surprised that you can walk in to a clinic and say such things and then have the doctors say oh he is fine. Bye have a nice day.:|
I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." - Kurt Cobain

I think one of the difficulties here is trying to figure out that this guy was so crazy that he would do something like this. What is a doctor supposed to do? Just because someone says they are having trouble sleeping and even if they are depressed and hearing voices, you can't just lock them up in a mental hospital for observation. There has to be some reason to believe they are a danger to themselves or others.

I guess man, but he sounds bat shit crazy.

If someone i knew started talking about voices and micro waves coming from other locations i would be very concerned for them.

But i see what you mean, the alternative is giving doctors the power to institutionalize anyone who is a bit off. That's not good either.

Shit does just happen, but i feel this guys was trying to find help.

Sad for everyone
I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." - Kurt Cobain

Bignugget

Personally I think the outcome woulda been different if he had to use cordless drills and baseball bats to carry out his attack.

Instead of being able to buy a shotgun the day before you go on a rampage while hearing the guys microwave talk to you through the walls.

Oh, now it's shotguns? I thought it was "Assault Weapons".

Gravitymaster

***Personally I think the outcome woulda been different if he had to use cordless drills and baseball bats to carry out his attack.

Instead of being able to buy a shotgun the day before you go on a rampage while hearing the guys microwave talk to you through the walls.

Oh, now it's shotguns? I thought it was "Assault Weapons".

I think that was the media, screaming 'assault weapons'. Everything I've read or heard on the news was that police said there was no assault rifle involved. A shotgun and a semi-auto pistol. Sounds to me that the media is promoting Feinstein and Pelosi and other anti-gunners. Feinstein, as we all know, holds a concealed carry permit.

Chuck