airdvr

Homeland Security chief Janet Napolitano to resign...

airdvr

...become president of University of California system, sources say.

CNN is reporting. Nothing in depth. I say good riddance...wrong person for the job.

Maybe I am just a cynic but, I have to wonder if something is about to come out? Something she could not stop?

Not saying anything, just wondering
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

rushmc

***...become president of University of California system, sources say.

CNN is reporting. Nothing in depth. I say good riddance...wrong person for the job.

Maybe I am just a cynic but, I have to wonder if something is about to come out? Something she could not stop?

My first thoughts as well. It's that thing about the devil you know is better than the devil you don't know. Maybe a former Black Panther.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

She's done five years on the job. Going from DHS (high stress Cabinet position) to the UC Persident? How could anyone say no?

I am curious as to what tactics she'll employ against the hippies in the UC. Rather than the UCPD spraying pepper spray, maybe they can just be terrorists and be taken to some prison somewhere.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

airdvr

...become president of University of California system, sources say.

Hopefully she decides to quit life altogether.
cavete terrae.

grue

Hopefully she decides to quit life altogether.

Wow. That's some serious hate-on.

You know she's a cancer/mastectomy survivor, don't you? According to her bio, she made a speech to her party's convention just 3 weeks after her surgery; she's described the pain as so severe she couldn't stand up. She's an avid outdoors sportster; for example, she's climbed Mount Kilimanjaro. Sooooo.... I presume she's already contemplated the "quitting life altogether" option, and probably decided that, despite her career in the bulls-eye of politics, anyone who might suggest she quit life altogether can go fuck themselves.

What's the HIGH stress part of it? Got any specifics????

P.S.: Bet the only stressful part is to survive another year, to rack up more benefits and pensions.

lawrocket

[...] Going from DHS (high stress Cabinet position) to the UC Persident? [...]

rushmc

I don't have any statistics to support this, but my perception is that cabinet level people serving a full stint under a two-term President are the exception rather than the rule. It seems to me that resignations and lateral transfers are pretty commonplace in the early part of a second term.

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

But usually there is some fore warning

You didn't get a personal memo? How rude of her.

Don

ryoder

***DON'T STOP THERE!!!

Dismantle that whole thing while you're at it.

On that topic, I found this today: http://www.businessweek.com/articles/2013-07-15/the-case-for-abolishing-the-dhs#r=rss

A pro-corporate business publication like Business Week is about the last place I'd look for an un-biased and credible analysis of whether a govt department such as the DHS should exist. Most of the federal laws and regulations having to do with product safety, workplace and industrial safety, purity and safety of food and drugs, consumer protection, etc., etc. - the very same ones that cost corporations money and reduce their net profits - are administered under the umbrella of the DHS. Industry in the US has had a powerful, sophisiticated, finely-tuned public relations network, campaigning against workplace and consumer safety measures, since well back into the 19th Century, and this is just another example of that. So you'll forgive me for not trusting the objectivity of the source.

regulator

actually Janet Napolitano is going to be the new actor/actress on the upcoming remake of Its Pat.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0110169/

Good thing you show the lie to the stereotype that Conservatives hate gays of either gender.

I look at her biography's list of accomplishments, then I look at the vitriol spewed at her as a result of her career in public life. Then I remember why I decided to never go into politics or public office, and have passed that advice on to my kids.