skinnay

DOMA Struck Down

jakee

You people are never happy, are you? Rubbing it in our faces when you are gay, rubbing it in our faces when you aren't gay... why can't you just leave us alone>:(

:ph34r:

August shall be ex-ex-gay month. Does ex-ex-gay mean gay?

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/exodus-international-closes-article-1.1378129

I'm guessing maybe.
Owned by Remi #?

RonD1120

Let me add to my comment above. I am pro-life and believe that abortion is evil, regardless of the reason. I did not reach this position because I am a Christian but rather I agreed to have my child aborted when I was a liberal, for convenience and the avoidance of responsibility, in 1971. That decision tormented me for years.

The point of my original comment to stevebabin is that progressive liberals conflict themselves by their values and practices. And then they have no one to blame but themselves.

Yes, you are definitely a "don't do as I do, do as I say" kind of a guy.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

RonD1120

****** progressive liberals conflict themselves by their values and practices.

So do conservatives, in their own way. This FoxNews-ian obsession with vilifying of "liberals" contributes absolutely nothing to the national conversation other than divisiveness. It is petty sloganeering at the expense of thought, analysis and discourse.

No argument from me on that one, even though I am a strong conservative desiring less government control

SO why do you want the government to control access to reproductive health care for women? Why do you want the government to decide who can and cannot get married?

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

kallend

***Let me add to my comment above. I am pro-life and believe that abortion is evil, regardless of the reason. I did not reach this position because I am a Christian but rather I agreed to have my child aborted when I was a liberal, for convenience and the avoidance of responsibility, in 1971. That decision tormented me for years.

The point of my original comment to stevebabin is that progressive liberals conflict themselves by their values and practices. And then they have no one to blame but themselves.

I not buying that trip you are trying to lay on me. You are assuming more than I stated.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

kallend

********* progressive liberals conflict themselves by their values and practices.

So do conservatives, in their own way. This FoxNews-ian obsession with vilifying of "liberals" contributes absolutely nothing to the national conversation other than divisiveness. It is petty sloganeering at the expense of thought, analysis and discourse.

No argument from me on that one, even though I am a strong conservative desiring less government control

SO why do you want the government to control access to reproductive health care for women? Why do you want the government to decide who can and cannot get married?

I do not and I do not. That argument is moot. Both of those questions have been retired. Nothing to see here, just move along.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

>SO why do you want the government to control access to reproductive health care for
>women? Why do you want the government to decide who can and cannot get married?

Because he wants the government to force his view of morality (abortion, gay marriage bans etc) on other people, while not having the government force other's views of morality (gun laws, the First Amendment) on him. It's quite common out there.

RonD1120

******Let me add to my comment above. I am pro-life and believe that abortion is evil, regardless of the reason. I did not reach this position because I am a Christian but rather I agreed to have my child aborted when I was a liberal, for convenience and the avoidance of responsibility, in 1971. That decision tormented me for years.

I not buying that trip you are trying to lay on me. You are assuming more than I stated.

Sounds to me like he has it exactly right. You did it when it served your purposes, but now you don't want anyone else to be able to do it. You had a child aborted because at the time you thought it was the right thing to do. You changed your mind and feel guilty about it, so you wish to deny others the ability to decide for themselves. If you think that isn't a do as I say not as I do scenario, then you are clearly not living in the same world as the rest of us.
Time flies like an arrow....fruit flies like a banana

okalb

*********Let me add to my comment above. I am pro-life and believe that abortion is evil, regardless of the reason. I did not reach this position because I am a Christian but rather I agreed to have my child aborted when I was a liberal, for convenience and the avoidance of responsibility, in 1971. That decision tormented me for years.

Sounds to me like he has it exactly right. You did it when it served your purposes, but now you don't want anyone else to be able to do it. You had a child aborted because at the time you thought it was the right thing to do. You changed your mind and feel guilty about it, so you wish to deny others the ability to decide for themselves. If you think that isn't a do as I say not as I do scenario, then you are clearly not living in the same world as the rest of us.

No, I wasn't a Christian when I agreed to abort my child. The Lord used that to convict me and bring me to the foot of the cross, along with many other bad choice convictions.

I believe abortion is evil. The choice is entirely up to the people involved.

RonD1120

************Let me add to my comment above. I am pro-life and believe that abortion is evil, regardless of the reason. I did not reach this position because I am a Christian but rather I agreed to have my child aborted when I was a liberal, for convenience and the avoidance of responsibility, in 1971. That decision tormented me for years.

No, I wasn't a Christian when I agreed to abort my child. The Lord used that to convict me and bring me to the foot of the cross, along with many other bad choice convictions.

So let me get this straight, what you are saying is that when you didn't "believe" you did something and now that you have changed your beliefs you want to force them on everyone else? Do you think that there is anything wrong with forcing YOUR religious beliefs on others? You changed your mind and now want to deprive others of the opportunity to make their own decisions? Do you think it is acceptable to force everyone in the USA to follow Christianity?

I know this will never happen but I would really appreciate it if you would actually answer the questions that I just asked, not try to come up with some verbal hide and seek game to avoid giving a yes or no answer.

RonD1120

okalb

So let me get this straight, what you are saying is that when you didn't "believe" you did something and now that you have changed your beliefs you want to force them on everyone else? Do you think that there is anything wrong with forcing YOUR religious beliefs on others? You changed your mind and now want to deprive others of the opportunity to make their own decisions? Do you think it is acceptable to force everyone in the USA to follow Christianity?

I know this will never happen but I would really appreciate it if you would actually answer the questions that I just asked, not try to come up with some verbal hide and seek game to avoid giving a yes or no answer.

I cannot nor do I want to force anybody to do anything.

RonD1120

I cannot nor do I want to force anybody to do anything.

So you believe that abortion should be legal and it is up to the woman and her doctor to decide what is best?

Ron's stated positions on many issues brings to mind the classic Cheech and Chong line -

I used to be all messed up on drugs. Now I am all messed up on the Lord.

The folks that profess to value freedom and minimal government intrusion on people's personal lives only feel that way if the concept is applied to men that are of white, northern European ancestry. Women MUST have government intrusion into their personal, private, medical decisions. They are too stupid to make their own decisions.

Another interesting point to ponder is that those people who are rabidly opposed to abortion have great concern for the unborn, but adamantly oppose government backed pre-natal care, the SNAP program, SCHIP, and any other program that would HELP poor females with unplanned pregnancy.

"Pro-life" is a load of bullshit. Those scumbags are in favor of the death penalty. Lying scaks of shit, the lot of them.

okalb

***I cannot nor do I want to force anybody to do anything.

So you believe that abortion should be legal and it is up to the woman and her doctor to decide what is best?

It is legal and that will not change. I think it is evil.

RonD1120

******I cannot nor do I want to force anybody to do anything.

It is legal and that will not change. I think it is evil.

The question was do you think it should be legal????? Why can't you just answer the question asked? :S

-

No, I do not think it should be legal. So what? It is legal. The lady for whom Roe vs. Wade was determined does not think it should be legal. So what?

dmcoco84

***No, I do not think it should be legal. So what? It is legal. The lady for whom Roe vs. Wade was determined does not think it should be legal. So what?

:D

Ron = FAIL!

Ron... who owns your body after God?

???

Your body is the temple for the Holy Spirit. You can sanctify it or desecrate it.

dmcoco84

Your body is the temple for the Holy Spirit

Barf.

Do you own your body, or the government; after God?

I believe your body, as does everything, belongs to God.

Who does the unborn fetus belong to? Unborn children are in God's care.

Where are you going with this line of reasoning? It seems silly to me to play this mind game. I am a Christian and you know that. Do you think you are going to trick me into giving up my faith?

dmcoco84

***No, I do not think it should be legal. So what? It is legal. The lady for whom Roe vs. Wade was determined does not think it should be legal. So what?

:D

Ron = FAIL!

Ron... who owns your body after God?

"Please the court, I suggest the members be dismissed...

so that we can move to an immediate Article 39-A session.

The witness has rights."

;)

RonD1120

I did not reach this position because I am a Christian but rather I agreed to have my child aborted when I was a liberal, for convenience and the avoidance of responsibility, in 1971. That decision tormented me for years.

I wasn't a Christian when I agreed to abort my child. The Lord used that to convict me and bring me to the foot of the cross, along with many other bad choice convictions.

Ron, I'm sorry you still feel so much guilt but also feel you're not being honest with yourself as to how and why you and the mother came to this difficult decision, but it was ultimately her decision.

That said, if the thought process was as simple as you stated, do you feel you would have been good parents had abortion not been a legal option?

I'm sure in your work as a substance abuse counselor you saw many children with unfit parents and thought "these children don't deserve this."

Have you had any contact with the mother since?
Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

George Takei's ideas of how gay marriage will change the world.

I think #5 is most likely to be true.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/mjs538/things-that-will-happen-now-that-sanctity-of-marriage-is-des
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

turtlespeed

***>Nope, it makes you celibate.

It also does not make you gay. Being gay or straight is not a decision you make on who to sleep with; it is programming you come with to make you want to do one of those two things.

In other words, there are not three orientations (gay, straight or celibate) there are two orientation axes (gay to straight) and two decision axes (celibate to promiscuous.) You could also add "asexual" to that I guess - someone who is not attracted to anyone.

Wait a minute here, you fail to mention Bisexuals.

Which I believe hurts your polygamy argument.

How can we deny the rights of Bisexuals to "Marry" the loves of their lives?

Fred (Gay) loves Shaggy (Bi) who also loves both Fred (Gay) and Thelma (Bi).

So Shaggy should be, in the opinion of the Gay rights proponents, able to Marry both Thelma and Fred.

ETA: Here is a way to fix that: Thelma Marries Shaggy, and Shaggy enters into a Civil Union with Fred. Problem Solved.

So, I'll ask again . . .
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun