skinnay

DOMA Struck Down

billvon

>I also find it interesting that you support a womans right to do what she wants with
>her own body, but reject peoples right to make their own decisions regarding
>healthcare.

You can make any decision you like about your healthcare. You just cannot neglect it completely. Your right to do what you want ends when you demand other people pay for it. Have a plan to pay for it? Then do whatever you want.

Women can do what they want with their bodies. They cannot completely neglect them during pregnancy. A woman can go to jail, for example, for doing cocaine while she is pregnant.

>What else do you support the government forcing people to do?

Pay taxes. Respect laws. Serve on juries. Serve in the military in time of national emergency.

>How bout forcing people to get a College degree?

Nope. Not worth it.

Well, I'm surprised you don't support the requirement to get a college degree or at least a High School diploma. Don't you realize that the better a persons education, the more society benefits because the more capable a person is in making good decisions? How many people do you think are on welfare, food stamps etc. have a college degree as compared to the ones who don't?

Why do you support a law that forces many with a limited education to purchase an insurance policy costing hundreds of dollars every month? Wouldn't it make more sense to solve the problem at it's root by requiring a higher education?

Dude, that ship sailed years ago. Tax loopholes, handouts, and the entitlement generation(s) saw to that.

Nice job ignoring the meat of the post.

Interesting you don't mention any of the other spending that got us into debt, like military adventures in Iraq.

- Dan G

billvon

>Your right to do what you want ends when you demand other people pay for it.

YAY - welcome to libertarianism. I'm sure you'll be soon advocating for shutting down Planned Parenthood. Shutting down NPR. Greatly reducing Military spending, gutting social welfare and entitlements, canceling subsidizing big oil, and green energy initiatives. Or paying for other peoples' kids' food, housing or schooling.

congratulations - two basic principles

1 - everything has to be paid for, there is nothing 'free'
2 - Your right to do what you want ends when you demand other people pay for it. Or other people to give up their rights.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

>Well, I'm surprised you don't support the requirement to get a college degree or at
>least a High School diploma. Don't you realize that the better a persons education, the
>more society benefits because the more capable a person is in making good decisions?

Yes, and things like public education, college loans etc help that happen. But not everyone benefits from education, and not everyone benefits from the same education. It is their choice.

>Why do you support a law that forces many with a limited education to purchase an
>insurance policy costing hundreds of dollars every month? Wouldn't it make more sense
>to solve the problem at it's root by requiring a higher education?

Sure, that might work for you. It might not work for the autistic girl or the teen with an IQ of 75.

DanG

Dude, that ship sailed years ago. Tax loopholes, handouts, and the entitlement generation(s) saw to that.

Interesting you don't mention any of the other spending that got us into debt, like military adventures in Iraq.

I thought handouts covered it. :)
Corporate bailouts, overregulation and underenforcement, lobbyists, illegal immigrants, PACs, the drug war. We could go on and on.

The point is we're not the richest country and haven't been for a while.
Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

Bolas

I thought handouts covered it. :)One of the spendiest countries, though! Exactly the way the global free marketeers want it.

Corporate bailouts, overregulation and underenforcement, lobbyists, illegal immigrants, PACs, the drug war. We could go on and on.

The point is we're not the richest country and haven't been for a while.
Why drive myself crazy trying to be normal, when I am already at crazy?