BillyVance

Explosions at the Boston Marathon finish line area today

>So you support rumors?

Nope. Just pointing out that the first rumor that the media popped out was the "Saudi national" thing. Like the example from the Oklahoma City bombing, such rumors are generally wrong.

>Seems that CNN and Barney Frank needed to get the first shots at making this political

Actually that would be the Post. CNN was later to the party.

No, CNN was close, if not first, yesterday
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

I read the article earlier this morning. I found it slightly annoying that "right wing" extremists were singled out. We have all kinds of extremists in the world and in this country. Believe it or not, there are "left-wing" extremists too. I take a pretty dim view of the sources we call news in the us, but I expect better from them.

>No, CNN was close, if not first, yesterday

Nope. The Post was first. Even CNN mentioned Al Qaeda - and a specific Arab - first.

Not sure what sort of political points you're trying to score here but it's not supportable.

============
Terror attack strikes Boston Marathon, more than 130 injured; person of interest ID'd

POST STAFF REPORT
Posted: 3:04 PM, April 15, 2013

BOSTON — More than 130 people were injured today as multiple explosions rocked the Boston Marathon in a "coordinated" terror attack.

Two explosions were detonated at the race's finish line within seconds of each other, beginning at 2:50 p.m. Three other undetonated devices were later discovered by authorities. A federal law enforcement source told The Post there are at least 12 dead and at least 132 people have been treated at seven area hospitals.

Law enforcement sources confirmed to The Post that authorities have a identified a suspect, a Saudi national, who is currently being guarded in a Boston hospital with shrapnel wounds.
============
CNN - THE LEAD
4/15/13
[4:19 p.m. EDT]

JAKE TAPPER: Peter, does this – obviously we don't want to speculate. We don't know what this was. But is there reason for people who deal in counter-terrorism to think that this is an act of terrorism? Or suspect it strongly, at least?

PETER BERGEN: Sure. Although I'm reminded of Oklahoma City which was a bombing, which was initially treated as a gas explosion. So first reports are often erroneous. But the fact that there were two explosions – two bombings – one of the things I'd be looking at is once the device, if it is a device, is found, what kind of explosives were used? For instance, if it was hydrogen peroxide, this is a signature of al-Qaeda. If it was more conventional explosives, which are much harder to get a hold of now, that might be some other kind of right-wing extremists. We've seen a number of failed bombing attempts by al-Qaeda using bombs, and for instance, the Manhattan subway in 2009, Faisal Shahzad in 2010, the attempt to bring down Northwest Flight 253 over Detroit in 2009. But we've also seen other extremist groups, right-wing groups, for instance, trying to attack the Martin Luther King parade in Oregon in 2010.
===============

Nope. The Post was first. Even CNN mentioned Al Qaeda - and a specific Arab - first.

Not sure what sort of political points you're trying to score here but it's not supportable.

============
Terror attack strikes Boston Marathon, more than 130 injured; person of interest ID'd

POST STAFF REPORT
Posted: 3:04 PM, April 15, 2013

BOSTON — More than 130 people were injured today as multiple explosions rocked the Boston Marathon in a "coordinated" terror attack.

Two explosions were detonated at the race's finish line within seconds of each other, beginning at 2:50 p.m. Three other undetonated devices were later discovered by authorities. A federal law enforcement source told The Post there are at least 12 dead and at least 132 people have been treated at seven area hospitals.

Law enforcement sources confirmed to The Post that authorities have a identified a suspect, a Saudi national, who is currently being guarded in a Boston hospital with shrapnel wounds.
============
CNN - THE LEAD
4/15/13
[4:19 p.m. EDT]

JAKE TAPPER: Peter, does this – obviously we don't want to speculate. We don't know what this was. But is there reason for people who deal in counter-terrorism to think that this is an act of terrorism? Or suspect it strongly, at least?

PETER BERGEN: Sure. Although I'm reminded of Oklahoma City which was a bombing, which was initially treated as a gas explosion. So first reports are often erroneous. But the fact that there were two explosions – two bombings – one of the things I'd be looking at is once the device, if it is a device, is found, what kind of explosives were used? For instance, if it was hydrogen peroxide, this is a signature of al-Qaeda. If it was more conventional explosives, which are much harder to get a hold of now, that might be some other kind of right-wing extremists. We've seen a number of failed bombing attempts by al-Qaeda using bombs, and for instance, the Manhattan subway in 2009, Faisal Shahzad in 2010, the attempt to bring down Northwest Flight 253 over Detroit in 2009. But we've also seen other extremist groups, right-wing groups, for instance, trying to attack the Martin Luther King parade in Oregon in 2010.
===============

As I said
First, or close to it
Abraham Lincoln

>As I said
>First, or close to it

Yes, I know - and that statement was wrong. They were not first. They were not even close; even their live interview lagged the printed version by over an hour. In their own broadcast they didn't even mention right wingers first - they mentioned them after they mentioned arab terrorists.

>As I said
>First, or close to it

Yes, I know - and that statement was wrong. They were not first. They were not even close; even their live interview lagged the printed version by over an hour. In their own broadcast they didn't even mention right wingers first - they mentioned them after they mentioned arab terrorists.

What does, "or close to it" mean?

Maybe we need to talk abou what the definition of "is", is
Abraham Lincoln

In any event
This fits at this time

And it is on the money

Top Five: Media's History of Falsely Blaming the Right for Mass-Murder

Once you understand that the media is a soulless left-wing propaganda machine determined to marginalize the right, everything they do makes sense. Those of you asking, "How can the media make the same mistakes over and over again?", fail to understand that falsely speculating that the right is behind or at fault for mass murder is not a mistake on the media's part, it is a political tactic.
Our craven corrupt media see tragedy -- be it dead schoolchildren or theatre-goers -- as a partisan political opportunity, not a time to come together and mourn until all the facts are known. Therefore, every mass-murder that captures the nation's attention is and will continue to be used to scapegoat and smear the political right.

Which is why even when that smear blows up in the media's face, the media doesn't stop. Obviously, the media think the hit to their credibility is worth it -- worth pushing, at every possible opportunity, The Narrative that the right is capable of such a thing.

1. Tucson Murders (2011): Within an hour of the senseless murder of six and wounding of 13 (including Congresswoman Gabby Giffords), the media was openly blaming Sarah Palin for instigating this crime -- and would continue to do so for weeks.

2. Colorado Movie Theatre Shooting (2012): The same Friday morning news broke of a brutal slaying inside a Aurora, Colorado movie theatre, on ABC"s "Good Morning America," investigative reporter Brian Ross speculated with George Stephanopoulos that a member of the Tea Party might be behind the shooting.

3. Newtown Elementary School Massacre (2012): The media took a different tack with this unspeakable crime. Rather than speculate that a "right winger" might be behind the shooting, within minutes, the media instead coordinated to turn the National Rifle Association and America's mostly red state gun culture into this crime's bogeyman. According to the media, you see, it was a lack of gun control laws that would have done nothing to stop the Newtown shooter that were to blame.

Bottom line: The media used the bodies of dead grade-schoolers to launch yet-another pro-Obama battle in the culture war. The media's behavior was so appalling that, for days, the NRA's Wayne LaPierre was openly taunted and ridiculed by the media for suggesting we guard school children against mad men with guns.

4. The Boston Marathon Bombing (2013):

Let.

Me.

Count.

The.

Ways.

Yep, even our President.

5. Mass-Murderer Christopher Dorner (2013): What we had with Dorner was a situation where a suspected mass-murderer on a killing rampage had actually written a manifesto that made his politics and motivation clear.

But the corrupt media suddenly wasn't interested in discussing such a thing, because Dorner was a Hillary Clinton fan.

In fact, Dorner was an even bigger fan of the left's pet cause of gun control and a number of media stars like Soledad O'Brien, Piers Morgan, Brian Williams, Anderson Cooper, Chris Matthews, and Tavis Smiley.

Yes, you read that correctly, a mass-murderer was a fan of some of the very same so-called journalists who love to speculate about the dreaded "right" being behind Dorner-style crimes.

But the media coordinated to cover these facts up.

--

The media are wicked, and the wicked do wicked things.

***ADDED:

6. WaPo Intentionally Omits Commie Plane Crasher's Marxist Rant to Paint Him as Tea Party Protester

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Journalism/2013/04/16/Top-Five-Media-History-Falsely-Blaming-Right-foir-Mass-Murder
Abraham Lincoln

It was just now reported that the concentration is on backpacks. So what happened to the pics that were posted relating to people wearing backpacks near the explosion? And if the pic were taken by someone here, have they contacted the authorities regarding those pics?

>So what happened to the pics that were posted relating to people wearing backpacks near the explosion?

The same place you saw them before. They are also available on the web.

>And if the pic were taken by someone here, have they contacted the authorities regarding those pics?

The pictures were copied from a public website.

>As I said
>First, or close to it

Good lord dude, be a man. Admit what you said was wrong and move on.

It's just not that big of a deal to twist and turn about.

Ian
Performance Designs Factory Team

>As I said
>First, or close to it

Good lord dude, be a man. Admit what you said was wrong and move on.

It's just not that big of a deal to twist and turn about.

Ian

Wrong?

Ok

Not sure what you are talking about but it is not a big deal

EITHER WAY HUH?

I have admited being wrong on this site many times
I do not have a problem with this

but CNN was among the first
Abraham Lincoln

>we have now had a CNN idiot say it may be a right wing group

>So who is correct? I guess the one that gets out there first is all that counts

>Seems that CNN and Barney Frank needed to get the first shots at making this political

>As I said First, or close to it

>I have admited being wrong on this site many times I do not have a problem with this but CNN was among the first

That's the RushMC we all know and love.

>we have now had a CNN idiot say it may be a right wing group

>So who is correct? I guess the one that gets out there first is all that counts

>As I said First, or close to it

>I have admited being wrong on this site many times I do not have a problem with this but CNN was among the first

That's the RushMC we all know and love.

Best part is, he is upset that they talked about Right Wing groups. No care in the world that the first reaction was brown people.

Go after anybody you like, just don't you dare suggest there is an extreme right wing, or that they would possibly do anything wrong.

>Once you understand that the media is a soulless left-wing propaganda machine.....

Yes the mainstream media never gives an impartial,objective report of the facts.
They instead omit pertinent information that doesn't support their opinions ,or use pure conjecture to twist and distort the facts on any news that might be useful to their liberal agendas.
They tell alot of untruths indeed.

Really?

You are serious?

There are experts who are saying that the bomb type is al quada group uses

So who is correct?

I guess the one that gets out there first is all that counts

Did I or the article I linked to say it wasn't Al Q? They particularly mention that it could be, that this bomb has signatures of both fringe terrorist group AND Al Q.

So no, I'm not kidding. And FYI, I could care less if they said the signature was left wing fringe. It is what it is, signature is a signature, and that's that. I'm not going to throw a news network under the bus for reporting on a certain groups bomb signature.
Apologies for the spelling (and grammar).... I got a B.S, not a B.A. :)

I read the article earlier this morning. I found it slightly annoying that "right wing" extremists were singled out. We have all kinds of extremists in the world and in this country. Believe it or not, there are "left-wing" extremists too. I take a pretty dim view of the sources we call news in the us, but I expect better from them.

Thats exactly why in my post I said there are left wing extremists as well. And I'm sure if this was their bomb signature they would have been called out. All the article was saying was that in previous right wing bomb history, this is the type of bomb they have used, or this has the signatures of it. They also called out signatures of middle east groups-- actually, they first and foremost have reported this.

What are those signatures? I don't even know, but if this bomb had "left wing extremist" signatures, I hope the media would report that the same.
Apologies for the spelling (and grammar).... I got a B.S, not a B.A. :)

What are those signatures? I don't even know, but if this bomb had "left wing extremist" signatures, I hope the media would report that the same.

AP 15 April 2013 - Observers noted that the backback of poorly constructed hemp was laid gently near the 'recycling friendly' receptacle. Observers noted that the suspect carefully checked for spotted owl eggs before riding a Segway down the block - stopping 12 times to pick wallets from various spectators and then taking the money and giving it to next person down the street. Police are combing the area for a person of questionable gender with pony tails, Birkenstocks, excessive body odor and a self satisfied and superior smirk. WARNING, do not confront this individual, call a sensitivity counselor and stay back, the suspect may be wearing crystals.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

There are experts who are saying that the bomb type is al quada group uses

So who is correct?

I guess the one that gets out there first is all that counts

Those "experts" are media whores, which makes them even worse than the media at throwing shit at the wall in the absence of factual information to fill the air time with.

As for left vs right...if we're picking one to attack a road race, 8 to 1 says it's right wing nuts. The left is going to attack a financial institution like the Fed building, or conceivably a Div I football program that 'steals money from students.'