OHCHUTE

What's going to happen when people learn--no tax refund this year.

And most will pay tax using a credit card? Yea OBAMA. Less money for more people. After the fighting was over in CUBA, Castro told his followers they no longer needed any guns. He collected the guns, then he took what money they had. Do you see any similarities with what is happening today: taking guns, and taking the money?

When will the libtards realize they are cannon fodder.

http://money.cnn.com/2013/03/25/pf/taxes/tax-refunds/index.html

And most will pay tax using a credit card? Yea OBAMA. Less money for more people. After the fighting was over in CUBA, Castro told his followers they no longer needed any guns. He collected the guns, then he took what money they had. Do you see any similarities with what is happening today: taking guns, and taking the money?

Do me a favor.. in your zest to represent the Republican side. Please refrain. It's embarrassing.
Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.

No tax refund this year? huh... That $1,900 that I just got must have been a mistake...

What the actual headline says is 'Fewer people expect tax refund this year' - that's an ENTIRELY different spin. I'd say you should be in politics if your spin wasn't so poorly executed.

Do me a favor.. in your zest to represent the Republican side. Please refrain. It's embarrassing.

:D:D
Its people like this that make sure the dems get reelected....
Never try to eat more than you can lift

the $6K I got must have been a mistake too....

it was a mistake, on your part. you let the gov't hold your hard earned money interest free. you should try to be flat or actually owe a little. this way the money you earn is in your hands collecting interest or being put to use.

edit to add: my post was meant to be a humorous take on him either withholding too much or paying to much on his quarterlies. Why give the gov't your money to hold for you when you can keep it and put it to use. it is your money.
"The point is, I'm weird, but I never felt weird."
John Frusciante

you should try to be flat or actually owe a little. this way the money you earn is in your hands collecting interest or being put to use.

If you own, even a little, you have to pay interest for having money that is not yours. I didn't check it, but I think I am on the safe side if I assume that the interest that you'll have to pay the bank for lending you money is higher than the interest they'll pay you for putting yours in their pockets. Otherwise I'll get a loan, and I'll pay the interests of that loan with the interests that this loan is generating in my bank. I would become rich very fast.

you should try to be flat or actually owe a little. this way the money you earn is in your hands collecting interest or being put to use.

If you own, even a little, you have to pay interest for having money that is not yours. I didn't check it, but I think I am on the safe side if I assume that the interest that you'll have to pay the bank for lending you money is higher than the interest they'll pay you for putting yours in their pockets. Otherwise I'll get a loan, and I'll pay the interests of that loan with the interests that this loan is generating in my bank. I would become rich very fast.

This is about taxes owed, not borrowing from a bank. In the US, as long as taxes are paid somewhat throughout the year, there is no interest owed.
Most pay by having money withheld from their paychecks. Self-employed have to file and pay quarterly estimates.
The $6k mentioned above is overpayment that is refunded after the paperwork is filed.
Some people look at it as a windfall, and anticipate being able to spend a large sum of cash.
It's really a "forced savings" account, where they give the money to the government to hold onto at zero interest paid.
I know people who say, more or less: "I know I could get a little interest by saving it myself, but I wouldn't leave it in the bank, I'd spend it a little at a time."

Personally, I aim for +/- $200 - $300. And I usually hit it pretty close. This year I'm getting $15 back net (owe a little federal, refunding a little state). That's pretty close.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

You are very confused.

You are speaking of something completely different, owing back taxes. I am discussing paying your current taxes on time. my comment was a humorous take on his situation of having too much withheld or too much payed in quarterly estimates.
John Frusciante

You are very confused.

You are speaking of something completely different, owing back taxes. I am discussing paying your current taxes on time. my comment was a humorous take on his situation of having too much withheld or too much payed in quarterly estimates.

Right. I was talking just about owning money, which you usually do to banks. Owning taxes is a completely different thing, I agree. Apologies for the confusion.

Ya, put that $6k in the bank at the going interest rate of 0.05% that most checking/savings accounts are giving and you earn a whopping $3.00 per year.

its your money. why let someone else hold it for you? you dont have to put it in the bank. that was an example. you can put it good use. Buy medication, food, shelter etc....
John Frusciante

Ya, put that $6k in the bank at the going interest rate of 0.05% that most checking/savings accounts are giving and you earn a whopping $3.00 per year.

Or if you have any outstanding loans you could pay them down/off and effectively earn whatever interest rate you would have been paying. My mortgage interest rate is less than 4%, but that would still be a better place to put my money long term than the 0.05% savings account you refer to.

Or you could invest it in a market. Or, if you're self employeed you could put it towards equipment for your business and make money with it that way.

I find it warmly ironic that one of the best savings acct rates in the US is apparently offered by Pioneer Muslim Federal Credit Union at 3.03% APY.

http://www.gobankingrates.com/savings-account/what-is-the-average-savings-account-interest-rate/

And most will pay tax using a credit card? Yea OBAMA. Less money for more people.

Obama didn't do anything to increase 2012 taxes except for single filers with over $200K in taxable income and married couples with over $250K.

Tax refunds are also a completely separate issue from tax liabilities. A refund traditionally means you paid to much and gave the government an interest free loan. They're not a good thing.

I've been getting significant tax refunds because

1. Bernanke's meddling produced negative real interest rates and I've lagged a bit adjusting my withholding to compensate for the drop in income.

2. I planned on our adult son having a job which would make him his own dependent and reduce my tuition and fees deduction.

I'll be glad when that stops.

I dislike Obama because he's an elitist corporatist pig. He eliminates capital gains for investors then increases capital gains taxes 59% on significant startup wins for rank and file employees. As a wealthy person who doesn't need all his money now he slowly moves $9 million tax free out of his estate while calling for estate taxes that will decrease the amount of money prudent middle class savers can pass on to their heirs after holding on to it until they die because they need it to live off the investment proceeds. He supports the Federal Reserve's interest rate manipulations which punish middle class savers and retirees who must keep a disproportionate fraction of their wealth liquid while making bigger profits for banks and the real-estate industry. His "health care reform" does more to maximize insurance industry profits (mandatory purchase, no price caps, limits on catastrophic plans for people over 30, must charge young people at least 1/3 of old people) than it does to improve heath care.

Obama does plenty to complain about. Next time please pick something he's actually responsible for.

And most will pay tax using a credit card? Yea OBAMA. Less money for more people.

Obama didn't do anything to increase 2012 taxes except for single filers with over $200K in taxable income and married couples with over $250K.

Tax refunds are also a completely separate issue from tax liabilities. A refund traditionally means you paid to much and gave the government an interest free loan. They're not a good thing.

1. Bernanke's meddling produced negative real interest rates and I've lagged a bit adjusting my withholding to compensate for the drop in income.

2. I planned on our adult son having a job which would make him his own dependent and reduce my tuition and fees deduction.

I dislike Obama because he's an elitist corporatist pig. He eliminates capital gains for investors then increases capital gains taxes 59% on significant startup wins for rank and file employees. As a wealthy person who doesn't need all his money now he slowly moves $9 million tax free out of his estate while calling for estate taxes that will decrease the amount of money prudent middle class savers can pass on to their heirs after holding on to it until they die because they need it to live off the investment proceeds. He supports the Federal Reserve's interest rate manipulations which punish middle class savers and retirees who must keep a disproportionate fraction of their wealth liquid while making bigger profits for banks and the real-estate industry. His "health care reform" does more to maximize insurance industry profits (mandatory purchase, no price caps, limits on catastrophic plans for people over 30, must charge young people at least 1/3 of old people) than it does to improve heath care.

Obama does plenty to complain about. Next time please pick something he's actually responsible for.

OK, he raised FICA.
http://mythfighter.com/2013/01/02/9293/

I find it warmly ironic that one of the best savings acct rates in the US is apparently offered by Pioneer Muslim Federal Credit Union at 3.03% APY.

http://www.gobankingrates.com/savings-account/what-is-the-average-savings-account-interest-rate/

Its field of membership is

"Any person representing Shia Imami Ismaili Muslim belong to Momin Community from India, Gujarat Sidhpur district"

What do we need to do to qualify?

Bwahaha. Good luck with that.
I feel your pain. [:/]

Finally cleared that hurdle :)
You can't be drunk all day if you don't start early!

Its field of membership is

"Any person representing Shia Imami Ismaili Muslim belong to Momin Community from India, Gujarat Sidhpur district"

What do we need to do to qualify?

I imagine you have to represent a Shia Imami Ismaili Muslim belonging to the Momin Community from India, Gujarat Sidhpur district.

Are you in the business of "representing"? I am. ;)

:D:D:D

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

OK, he raised FICA.
http://mythfighter.com/2013/01/02/9293/

The only way FICA affects one's refund is that if someone overpays FICA (such as by working more than one job or by switching jobs during the year; but otherwise, most people generally do not overpay FICA), he's entitled to a refund on the overpayment or to have it counted as a credit for tax paid when he files his return. Other than that, it has no effect on tax refunds, and does not rehabilitate your original premise.