jclalor

I Really Hope the news is Wrong...

How about swords? Machetes? Knives? How about dogs? Where do you draw the line? How will knowing who has weapons stop people from using them? It won't will it, would it have stopped this tragedy from happening? No.
Hell you should come back home to England Prof, you'll just love the big brother society and nanny state we have here these days. You'll feel nice and safe to because of all the CCTV! ;)

When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

How about swords? Machetes? Knives? How about dogs? Where do you draw the line?

How about any type of weapon that is used in over 50% of all murders. Seems like a good place to start.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

What's in your closet?

All kinds of stuff.

We know you have the makings for molotov cocktails. Better hope the government doesn't find out and label you a terrorist. Migh find it difficult to fly commercially. :ph34r:

So does anyone with a bottle, some gas, and some cloth. So that includes just about everyone who posts here. Do you REALLY have a point or are you just determined to look foolish today?

I strongly suspect I pay the govt. a lot more than you do.

I payed with five years of my life. I have two pins and four screws and shrapnel in my leg so that we could live in a place where all of us could voice our opinion. Have you defended these rights? have you risked your life for this country? Are you saying that your money or the amount of money you pay in taxes actually equals more than what I payed with or was willing to pay with? I am a gun owner and proud to be one but am still willing to listen, admit when someone opposing me has a point, and believe that we all need to compromise.

1. Gun owners need to be held accountable. Your not getting to mine unless you can break into a 800 lb safe or take the one I carry off me. (you'd have to know I had it on me first of course).

2. I believe it is wrong in this country to hold any group accountable for the actions of a few. (this is what is happening here). I've owned guns since I was of legal age and have carried for over 17 years. I have never broken any gun laws and have actually been involved in a fatal shooting.

3. Adam's mother had concerns about his mental health. My guns are not available to anyone let alone someone I am concerned about. The failure is RIGHT HERE! All the gun laws in place did not allow this MURDERER to have a gun. I don't like speaking ill of the dead but HIS IRRESPONSIBLE MOTHER DID.

What I want to know from people who this gun laws will stop this is how does what this sicko did end up on my shoulders. that makes no sense. We guard our money better than we guard our children. we do this with guns. we guard our politicians with guns also. If guns were completely outlawed to you think our politicians would stop using security? would our banks and armored cars stop having armed guards?

Heroin, cocaine, and many other drugs are ILLEGAL and yet prevalent and responsible for many more deaths in this country. They are also responsible for much of the crime to support the drug habit. As far as I know we are absolutely failing to stop the inflow of drugs into this country so why does anyone think that gun laws will stop guns from getting into the hands of someone hell bent on mass killing?

I'm willing to listen and talk about this with people who oppose my opinion and will absolutely concede a good point from anyone if you are willing to do the same.
Trail mix? Oh, you mean M&M's with obstacles.

Well said, good points well made. In particular:

The failure is RIGHT HERE! All the gun laws in place did not allow this MURDERER to have a gun. I don't like speaking ill of the dead but HIS IRRESPONSIBLE MOTHER DID.

When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

Sex offenses aren't given as a right in the constitution.
Nor are airplanes and cars for that matter.

Why are you afraid to tell us what's in your closet?
If you've done nothing wrong, you should have nothing to fear.

The mother is the problem in this case.
Ban mothers.

How about better laws in place that hold the owner of a firearm responsible if used by someone else in the commission of a crime? I'm all for that. There are far to many gun owners who do not practice adequate gun safety and security. For those opposed to guns the laws being looked at like the assault weapons ban will not fix the problem. An assault rifle is much harder to conceal than a pistol and a well trained shooter can change a magazine in under a second. With all of the bans being discussed a shooter would still be able to have a handgun with as many ten round (magazines) as they wanted. Highly concealable and very effective.

If a gun owner knew they could spend the rest of their lives in jail for murder because someone used their guns in the commission of a crime I'm sure a lot more of them would be properly secured.

Let's fix this through education rather than ignorance.

"clips, assault weapons clips" is movie slang. Clips haven't been used since WWII and yet mainstream media keeps using this term without a clue. It shows a total lack of knowledge about something people want banned. Let's learn about what we are talking about before we try and outlaw it. Any anti gunner out there know the difference between a clip and a magazine without googling it?

If you've done nothing wrong, you should have nothing to fear.

The mother is the problem in this case.
Ban mothers.

I'm not afraid. The problem is that part of securing something is not announcing to everyone that it is there? The reason the president does not announce exactly what his route to and from a place is, or where and when with a timeline is for his protection. This is all intelligence that could potentially be used against him. I don't advertise that I have guns in order to keep them from falling into the hands of someone who can't get them legally. This is a practice in effect by law enforcement, our military and government, surely that makes sense.

The MOTHER is the problem. She allowed someone who was not LEGALLY allowed to have a gun to get access to hers. That never should have happened.

If I ran around saying ban mothers because of this it would be no different than running around saying ban guns because some psycho ILLEGALLY got a hold of firearms and MURDERED children. He didn't give a shit that MURDER is illegal, or that carrying a gun on school property is illegal, but if you ban guns you think he would have obeyed that law? really?

If a teenager steals his parents car because they leave the keys right on a hook by the door. Then takes the car and goes and gets drunk with friends. After that he gets in a wreck where he kills all occupants in another car and his friends and himself in the car he is driving. Would you be blaming the car? No you wouldn't. As an adult anything we own that is acquired illegally due to our negligence should fall squarely on our shoulders whether it's guns, alcohol, prescription drugs, a vehicle or whatever. I have no problem being held accountable for MY negligence.

You have to see the logic in that.

What's in your closet?

All kinds of stuff.

We know you have the makings for molotov cocktails. Better hope the government doesn't find out and label you a terrorist. Migh find it difficult to fly commercially. :ph34r:

So does anyone with a bottle, some gas, and some cloth. So that includes just about everyone who posts here. Do you REALLY have a point or are you just determined to look foolish today?

Correct, but YOU have admitted your intent to mix them in a deadly combination. Your justification is that you are only going to use them to defend yourself. Kind of like gun owners do.

"Why are you afraid to tell us what's in your closet?
If you've done nothing wrong, you should have nothing to fear."

Would you let everyone know you were carrying $1000.00 in cash around or do you tend to keep that quiet so as not to draw unwanted attention to yourself?

Surely you see the logic in not announcing things like this to the planet for securities sake. Like I said I am willing to concede a good point from you but I'm wondering if you are willing to do the same here.

3. mandatory reporting of all mental health problems.

Who is going to report it?

1. Federal law prohibits the mental health professional from reporting it.

2. Mentally ill people see themselves as OK. It's the other people who are bad and they are making the individual feel bad.

Not to mention the massive disincentive this causes for people to seek treatment.

Have a problem? Seek treatment. Get reported.

Even the FAA is understanding that they would rather have pilots getting treated for depression rather than having depressed pilots who won't get treated because they'll lose their lose their medicals and their jobs if they get the treatment.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

There are very strict laws for private ownership of automatic weapons in this country, but you never hear much (If at all) about these weapons being used in mass public shootings; I wonder why that is?

Part of it is that gats were banned back in the 30's. Then it turned out that automatic weapons need maintenance and parts. And the other thing is that not even the NRA argues that fully automatic guns fit within the second amendment.

So, what your point is is that:
"Mk 19's aren't being used by the general public for massacres. Nor are tactical nukes or MLRS systems. Thus, handguns should be easy to ban."

My wife is hotter than your wife.

What's in your closet?

A big black Rottweiler, no leash, agressive and "highly loaded", as his mentally ill and mostly stoned master used to maltreat him on a daily basis.

Master is sleeping now and Blacky is free, free to jump out and attack next available moving thing: Your 2 y/o grand son. One bite, one crack .... end of movie.

Oh well, you did not know! What do you have to do with this incident? :) Nothing. You did not know, so what?? Precautions? What's that?

If there is an immediate danger close to my home, a dangerous dog, a neighbour cleaning his shining gun while having next drink: Sure as hell I'd take some action. At the very first, calling our police (I said "our", as we usually trust those guys). And let them do their work.

Of course, I do understand that such an 'action' is not recommendable at some places in your country (as has been epressed several times by your fellow country men).

Yep, I think you all really are doomed. No trust in the government, police, people walking by having a look into your garden ..... must be a hard life which strongly requires to be armed. Doomed to stay armed.

Woah, that was enough posting for one year. C y all at next shooting ....

dudeist skydiver # 3105

I strongly suspect I pay the govt. a lot more than you do.

I payed with five years of my life. I have two pins and four screws and shrapnel in my leg so that we could live in a place where all of us could voice our opinion. Have you defended these rights? have you risked your life for this country? Are you saying that your money or the amount of money you pay in taxes actually equals more than what I payed with or was willing to pay with? I am a gun owner and proud to be one but am still willing to listen, admit when someone opposing me has a point, and believe that we all need to compromise.

1. Gun owners need to be held accountable. Your not getting to mine unless you can break into a 800 lb safe or take the one I carry off me. (you'd have to know I had it on me first of course).

2. I believe it is wrong in this country to hold any group accountable for the actions of a few. (this is what is happening here). I've owned guns since I was of legal age and have carried for over 17 years. I have never broken any gun laws and have actually been involved in a fatal shooting.

3. Adam's mother had concerns about his mental health. My guns are not available to anyone let alone someone I am concerned about. The failure is RIGHT HERE! All the gun laws in place did not allow this MURDERER to have a gun. I don't like speaking ill of the dead but HIS IRRESPONSIBLE MOTHER DID.

What I want to know from people who this gun laws will stop this is how does what this sicko did end up on my shoulders. that makes no sense. We guard our money better than we guard our children. we do this with guns. we guard our politicians with guns also. If guns were completely outlawed to you think our politicians would stop using security? would our banks and armored cars stop having armed guards?

Heroin, cocaine, and many other drugs are ILLEGAL and yet prevalent and responsible for many more deaths in this country. They are also responsible for much of the crime to support the drug habit. As far as I know we are absolutely failing to stop the inflow of drugs into this country so why does anyone think that gun laws will stop guns from getting into the hands of someone hell bent on mass killing?

I'm willing to listen and talk about this with people who oppose my opinion and will absolutely concede a good point from anyone if you are willing to do the same.

She was held accountable: guns were not locked up and the perp killed her with her gun. Besides she should have abandonded home schooling years ago so that her child might have been more fully socialized. She was way too protective of her kid and that backfired.

Besides she should have abandonded home schooling years ago so that her child might have been more fully socialized.

Pretty ignorant statement there buddy.

Homeschooling != isolation. To confuse the two simply shows a lack of understanding on your part.

Note: I'm not saying she didn't isolate, or homeschool for that matter, but the association you make between the two is misinformed at best.

Ian
Performance Designs Factory Team

Besides she should have abandonded home schooling years ago so that her child might have been more fully socialized.

Pretty ignorant statement there buddy.

Homeschooling != isolation. To confuse the two simply shows a lack of understanding on your part.

Note: I'm not saying she didn't isolate, or homeschool for that matter, but the association you make between the two is misinformed at best.

Ian

Neither you nor I know what happened in that house. But from all studies, kids that are home schooled don't get the same positive effects of socialization as kids get at school. Those are facts.

What's in your closet?

All kinds of stuff.

Do you still have your collection of women's underwear?

I gave away my late wife's clothes to the Purple Heart Veterans.

There's a vacuum cleaner in there, some beach stuff, folding chairs, and a collection of very old childrens' games.

Why are you so afraid that you feel you need a firearm to protect you from the world?

There are very strict laws for private ownership of automatic weapons in this country, but you never hear much (If at all) about these weapons being used in mass public shootings; I wonder why that is?

Part of it is that gats were banned back in the 30's. Then it turned out that automatic weapons need maintenance and parts. And the other thing is that not even the NRA argues that fully automatic guns fit within the second amendment.

So, what your point is is that:
"Mk 19's aren't being used by the general public for massacres. Nor are tactical nukes or MLRS systems. Thus, handguns should be easy to ban."

Are you conceding that the 2nd Amendment does indeed have limitations?

Neither you nor I know what happened in that house.

Agreed.

But from all studies, kids that are home schooled don't get the same positive effects of socialization as kids get at school.

Errr....no. Plenty of current studies show differently. I see a lot of people say this...hell I used to say this too.....but my experience with homeschooling is that the child gets just as much socialization with other children (note: My homeschool experiences are in groups so it's not some kid locked away at home on their own). There's play time, and education time - just like a regular school.

Can homeschooling be used to isolate children? Of course, but that's a parenting problem not a homeschooling problem.

Those are facts.

Opinions != facts.

Ian
Performance Designs Factory Team