CarpeDiem3

Germany: National Gun Registration

News: National German gun registry on target for launch

Quote: "The German interior minister has said a countrywide database of all legal gun owners is set for launch on January 1. Hans-Peter Friedrich predicted a "considerable increase in security" as a result."

http://www.dw.de/national-german-gun-registry-on-target-for-launch/a-16390894

It's about time that America caught up with the EU and got these killer weapons under control.

and got these killer weapons under control.

yeah cuz damn if my rifle didn't grow legs, walk out of my closet and go on a fucking shooting rampage last night. My concealed carry 9mm on the other hand... not so sure. Even tho it has 20% the ammo capacity, it's been looking at me a little crazy lately.

jesus man...
In every man's life he will be allotted one good woman and one good dog. That's all you get, so appreciate them while the time you have with them lasts.

- RiggerLee

Don't forget the knives, bats, bottles, hammers and other 'killer weapons':S What about in the UK? We've had most of our hand guns and semi automatic rifles (with the exception of rimfire) taken away and yet our gun crime has risen since the ban? Clearly your argument is a nonsense and is either hasn't been given any thought or more likely is simply a poor attempt to engender extreme reactions. Seriously if you want to actually debate the subject then great, stop posting several threads all about the same thing, stick with one and give a logical thought out argument for your position.

When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

The good reasons are in the article - did you read it? Once central registry instead of over 500 independent registries. Tracing done with one query, instead of taking three or four months. This is a good crime-fighting tool, and the police are in favor of it. They deserve to have the tools needed to do their job. If you're not a criminal, you've got nothing to worry about.

Canada just recently scrapped it's brain dead long gun registry. How about them apples? :P

Besides there are millions and millions of unregistered assets lying dormant in Western Canada. If they are never needed, they will never be used. But should the need for them ever arise, there they are.

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

The problem with a national or continental registry is it makes it easier to target legal owners and collectors if (some say when) a full-on firearms ban and confiscation is threatened. That won't happen in the US without another revolution, but consider this... if you're planning a confiscation, wouldn't it be nice to know exactly where those rifles are so you know who to go after first? They wouldn't be worried about granny with a carry permit and a .38 revolver, but the enthusiast with a safe of black rifles and a reloading room would be need for concern in their eyes (esp. considering his patriotism to the Constitution and 2nd Amendment).

That endgame is very scary for the rights of the free.
In every man's life he will be allotted one good woman and one good dog. That's all you get, so appreciate them while the time you have with them lasts.

- RiggerLee

If you're not a criminal, you've got nothing to worry about.

Omigawd, I can't believe anyone still repeats that. [facepalm]
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

News: National German gun registry on target for launch

Quote: "The German interior minister has said a countrywide database of all legal gun owners is set for launch on January 1. Hans-Peter Friedrich predicted a "considerable increase in security" as a result."

http://www.dw.de/national-german-gun-registry-on-target-for-launch/a-16390894

It's about time that America caught up with the EU and got these killer weapons under control.

Good.

I fully agree with this law, don't feel in the least to be disarmed :)
In our todays daily life, there is no imperative for weapons to be hanging close to every idiots a**. :P

Time will tell, if (and how) the new law is going to work. :)

dudeist skydiver # 3105

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Omigawd, I can't believe anyone still repeats that. [facepalm***

why yes, some people are just that clueless.

Roy
They say I suffer from insanity.... But I actually enjoy it.

The good reasons are in the article - did you read it? Once central registry instead of over 500 independent registries. Tracing done with one query, instead of taking three or four months. This is a good crime-fighting tool, and the police are in favor of it. They deserve to have the tools needed to do their job. If you're not a criminal, you've got nothing to worry about.

Someone will be over in a moment to search your house. No warrant needed. If you're not a criminal, you've got nothing to worry about.

Also, I've been a police officer and a criminal defense attorney. Don't get me started on how trustworthy the police are...
I know it just wouldnt be right to kill all the stupid people that we meet..

But do you think it would be appropriate to just remove all of the warning labels and let nature take its course.

It's about time that America caught up with the EU and got these killer weapons under control

You were being sarcastic right?

I don't think so. He seems far too rabid for something as subtle as sarcasm.

But do you think it would be appropriate to just remove all of the warning labels and let nature take its course.

I see everyone is still feeding out little troll. As far as the new German law, if I remember my history, the last time they registered, and later confiscated firearms, that didn't work out too well. Not for the Germans or the world. Amazing how people never learn.

It's about time that America caught up with the EU and got these killer weapons under control

You were being sarcastic right?

You have to watch these vicious weapons constantly or they might sneak off and shoot someone.

http://www.assaultweaponwatch.com/

Volunteer and help stop these dangerous weapons from hurting others.
Atheism is a Non-Prophet Organisation

.... If you're not a criminal, you've got nothing to worry about.

Exactly.

Someone will be over in a moment to search your house. No warrant needed. If you're not a criminal, you've got nothing to worry about.

Also, I've been a police officer and a criminal defense attorney. Don't get me started on how trustworthy the police are...

Depends of the country and its police force. As we mostly trust in our policemen a bit more than people in other countries are doing, where's the problem? I know my local sheriff, he knows me and what I own, so what?

BTW: How many times were you in need to use a hand gun during your European stay, how many times until today were you in danger in Europe?

;)

dudeist skydiver # 3105

What about in the UK? We've had most of our hand guns and semi automatic rifles (with the exception of rimfire) taken away and yet our gun crime has risen since the ban?

Care to answer the UK conundrum?

Probably would have risen even more if the guns hadn't been taken away. Judging by the number of hooligans that remain in your society, as represented by those crime statistics, it's a good thing that they don't have access to all that weaponry.

What about in the UK? We've had most of our hand guns and semi automatic rifles (with the exception of rimfire) taken away and yet our gun crime has risen since the ban?

Care to answer the UK conundrum?

Probably would have risen even more if the guns hadn't been taken away. Judging by the number of hooligans that remain in your society, as represented by those crime statistics, it's a good thing that they don't have access to all that weaponry.

So therefore A) The ban hasn't reduced crime and is therefore not viable in reducing gun crime.

B) As pointed out by your comment about hooligans what drives the 'gun crime' is in fact the culture of a nation rather than a limited availability of firearms as criminals do not purchase weapons from registered and licensed firearms dealers but from other criminals.
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

As pointed out by your comment about hooligans what drives the 'gun crime' is in fact the culture of a nation rather than a limited availability of firearms as criminals do not purchase weapons from registered and licensed firearms dealers but from other criminals.

So your gun crime is rising, and your response is to make it easier for everyone to get guns?

Maybe to reduce traffic accidents, we should put more cars on the road!

Yea you're right, we should probably get rid of that whole thing requiring the police to present reasonable cause for warrants while we're at it, that's just a hinderance to the whole process. Shit they should not even need warrants, or hell even probable cause for that matter to come into your home or search your belongings. I think it'd be a lot better if they didn't even need reasonable articulable suspicion. You should have to wear a locator all the time that reports your location and activities to the govt. You don't need privacy, if you aren't doing nothing wrong you have no reason to worry right? Let's erect check points, and require those we deem "undesirables" to wear armbands that identify them to the rest of society. Those 4th and 5th amendments should just go into the garbage. They are such bullshit. The government knows whats best for you. Just go ahead and drink this here kool aid.

Maybe to reduce traffic accidents, we should put more cars on the road!

It's not the cars, it's the poorly trained drivers, the complacent drivers and the drivers with BS attitudes in thinking "they know all that" when they clearly don't.

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

.... If you're not a criminal, you've got nothing to worry about.

Exactly.

Depends of the country and its police force. As we mostly trust in our policemen a bit more than people in other countries are doing, where's the problem? I know my local sheriff, he knows me and what I own, so what?

BTW: How many times were you in need to use a hand gun during your European stay, how many times until today were you in danger in Europe?

;)

I'm currently in Europe. I can't leave my stuff on my motorcycle like I do in the US. Everything here seems to grow legs. The area is considered so dangerous that the US government reimburses me up to twice my outrageous monthly rent for me to get an alarm system. Every house has motion sensitive exterior lighting and double cylinder locks. I am far less comfortable here.