rushmc

Time to Lay Down Your Cards

>That isn't a tactic of both sides?

Definitely is. Since Romney has been running a bit behind for most of the campaign, this time it's the GOP that is pulling that tactic.

Well, I think it is being used, by all parties, in all elections, at all levels.

Matt
An Instructors first concern is student safety.
So, start being safe, first!!!

>That isn't a tactic of both sides?

Definitely is. Since Romney has been running a bit behind for most of the campaign, this time it's the GOP that is pulling that tactic.

Well, I think it is being used, by all parties, in all elections, at all levels.

Matt

Isn't engineering a disaster to gain electoral advantage unethical?

www.usnews.com/news/blogs/washington-whispers/2012/10/29/conspiracy-theorists-say-obama-engineered-hurricane-sandy

:S:D

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Look at the bright side: if it's a major cluster-fuck, lots of work for lawyers!

Scuze me, I have a chad to hang.

:D:D

Well played sir, well played

:D:D
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

Predict the Electoral College count and be on record

I predict 300+ for Romney

I'm not an Obama fan, but I don't see, based on the polling data that I've seen on everything from RCP to 538.com, how he could get to that number. So let's make it interesting and test our confidence - I bet Romney gets fewer than 300 electoral votes. Maybe the polls have been consistently wrong. I guess we'll see.

Loser donates (and gets written confirmation of the donation) $300 to the charity of the winner's selection, and posts the donation in this thread.

Game on?
Skwrl Productions - Wingsuit Photography

Northeast Bird School - Chief Logistics Guy and Video Dork

I'm not an Obama fan, but I don't see, based on the polling data that I've seen on everything from RCP to 538.com, how he could get to that number. So let's make it interesting and test our confidence - I bet Romney gets fewer than 300 electoral votes. Maybe the polls have been consistently wrong. I guess we'll see.

Loser donates (and gets written confirmation of the donation) $300 to the charity of the winner's selection, and posts the donation in this thread.

Game on?

I already got two bets going

One, if I loose, I go away for thiry days plus I get to say I am a jackass:D

The other is a $100 bet to a charity

See if you can get another taker

Marc
Abraham Lincoln

Ah, my bad. Should have read the whole thread before posting that. OK, I'll hold it open for the first person to accept it by expressly saying so in this thread before 1:00 pm Eastern Time today.

[edited to add: "in this thread".]

I bet Romney gets fewer than 300 electoral votes.

you're not much of a risk taker are you?

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

Why should I be in this context? Original poster made his bet; I bet he's wrong. (Shrug.)

I mean, I could offer 3 to 1 odds or something, but given the OP's post, why should I?

Why should I be in this context? Original poster made his bet; I bet he's wrong. (Shrug.)

I mean, I could offer 3 to 1 odds or something, but given the OP's post, why should I?

ah ha - 'risk adverse' is incorrect. More of an 'opportunist' PT Barnum style. that I can appreciate

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

>Gays have all the same rights today Marrige is not a right

Funny, the conservatives of the 1950's used similar arguments to ban interracial marriage; they claimed that it wasn't a rights issue, it was simple morality. It took a Supreme Court decision to overturn that. Which proves Wendy's point - racial segregation was something that the government did have to take on.

And it's exactly why government HAS to be involved with rights issues. If you have the majority vote for or control the issue involving the minority, then the majority will always win. If that were the case, we would have segregation still, blacks would not be able to marry whites, women may have less rights then they currently have, etc, etc. I am glad we have a system to step and and say when enough is enough and slaps the majority on the wrist with the fair stick when they need it and they do it with guidance from the constitution. Not rules from any one religion.
Apologies for the spelling (and grammar).... I got a B.S, not a B.A. :)

Game on?

I would bet you..... but I agree with you. ;) How about we just donate to charity anyway :)
Apologies for the spelling (and grammar).... I got a B.S, not a B.A. :)

Game on?

I would bet you..... but I agree with you. ;) How about we just donate to charity anyway :)

Was planning on it anyway, but always fun to drag someone else into that as well...

How about we just donate to charity anyway :)

$1 for every point "your guy" gets. Whoever it is.

Unless it's a liberal, then it'll be someone else's dollar.

Unless it's a conservative, then it'll be a dollar exhorted from the working masses. (or for those that REALLY stereotype the parties, a dollar taken from a collection plate)

Unless it's a greenie, then no one will have any dollars

Unless it's a libertarian, then get your own damn dollars

etc
etc
etc

How about we just donate to charity anyway :)

$1 for every point "your guy" gets. Whoever it is.

Unless it's a liberal, then it'll be someone else's dollar.

Unless it's a conservative, then it'll be a dollar exhorted from the working masses. (or for those that REALLY stereotype the parties, a dollar taken from a collection plate)

Unless it's a greenie, then no one will have any dollars

Unless it's a libertarian, then get your own damn dollars

etc
etc
etc

What if I'm a green libertarian liberal (result of online test I took). Can I not donate someone else's $0.50 instead?

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

What if I'm a green libertarian liberal (result of online test I took). Can I not donate someone else's $0.50 instead?

I think you'll have to take a dollar from yourself, and then donate to a charity that provides organic meals directly to yourself.

and you have to be really smug about it

I'm not going to PM you but I will make you a bet.

I'll bet you $100 that Romney gets less than 280 electoral votes, payable to your favorite charity.

Bill

PM me the link to the speicific charity

I will then send you back the proof and if you would, please post in this thread in my absense

Thanks
Marc
Abraham Lincoln

Ok, so here's the bet.

The over/under is 300 electoral votes for Romney.

IF Romney is under 300 then RushMC will self banish for 30 days after admitting in public he's a jackass who knows nothing about political science.

IF Romney is over 300 then quade will self banish for 30 days after admitting in public he's a jackass who knows nothing about political science.

Time to put up or shut up Marc.

I was willing from the start Paul but

Per your our bet

I am a jackass who knows nothing about political science

See you Dec 7
Abraham Lincoln

The Sun will rise on Wednesday morning, people will go to work, and the Earth will continue to rotate on its axis.

Looks like I was correct.:)
Needless to say, though, it's rotating to the left.

Don

The Sun will rise on Wednesday morning, people will go to work, and the Earth will continue to rotate on its axis.

Looks like I was correct.:)
Needless to say, though, it's rotating to the left.

Don

Whose left?
Your rights end where my feelings begin.