Time to Lay Down Your Cards

or, it's just time to stop it and check the results Wed morning

No gutts no glory!

:P
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

The Sun will rise on Wednesday morning, people will go to work, and the Earth will continue to rotate on its axis.

Such a chicken.....
Abraham Lincoln

The Sun will rise on Wednesday morning, people will go to work, and the Earth will continue to rotate on its axis.

Such a chicken.....

Chickens will continue to lay eggs.

As for predicting human behavior, only a moron would think that possible.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Such a chicken.....

Chickens will continue to lay eggs.

As for predicting human behavior, only a moron would think that possible.

Chicken
Abraham Lincoln

>As for predicting human behavior, only a moron would think that possible.

There are a lot of very well paid morons out there who actually have a pretty good track record predicting human behavior. They write ads, design highways, come up with evacuation plans for aircraft, things like that.

Want to join me in a beer and do other, more interesting stuff while we wait for the sun to rise Wednesday?

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Want to join me in a beer and do other, more interesting stuff while we wait for the sun to rise Wednesday?

Wendy P.

Just started this thread for some fun
Abraham Lincoln

>As for predicting human behavior, only a moron would think that possible.

There are a lot of very well paid morons out there who actually have a pretty good track record predicting human behavior. They write ads, design highways, come up with evacuation plans for aircraft, things like that.

And they often get it wrong.

Wendy P.

yup - and Wendy's proposal sounds like a lot of fun

(I just want a fairly clean election and hope that it's VERY close so neither team rapes the taxpayers by thinking they won a "mandate" of any kind. We need to dramatically cut spending, and I don't see that regardless of the outcome.)

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

My preference would also have the electoral winner (I agree close is good) winning the popular vote as well.

Some people are going to like the future direction of the country, and others aren't. That's probably been true in a couple of other elections. I heard an interview with US historian David McCullough about the 1800 election -- that made this one sound pretty tame, and it was between founding fathers John Adams and Thomas Jefferson.:)
Wendy P.

There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Wendy P.

yup - and Wendy's proposal sounds like a lot of fun

(I just want a fairly clean election and hope that it's VERY close so neither team rapes the taxpayers by thinking they won a "mandate" of any kind. We need to dramatically cut spending, and I don't see that regardless of the outcome.)

I too want a clean election

However, I want a large margin for Romney should he win

The left is already setting up to de-legitimize his victory should he win. A large margin will make that harder.

As for the spending

Whoever wins will have to have their feet kept to the fire over the spending issue
Abraham Lincoln

that made this one sound pretty tame, and it was between founding fathers John Adams and Thomas Jefferson.

Which makes it interesting when anyone claims to know what 'the founding fathers' meant/wanted.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

>I heard an interview with US historian David McCullough about the 1800 election --
>that made this one sound pretty tame . . . .

That's impossible, Wendy. This election is the worst/most rancorous/most negative ever; just listen to the news.

========
Campaign Stops September 27, 2012
Is This the Nastiest Election Ever?
By PETER MANSEAU

A month after pundits declared the current presidential contest the “meanest,” “nastiest,” “most poisonous,” and “dirtiest campaign in history,” those summer laments already seem like poignant reminders of a kinder, gentler time. Thanks to recent efforts to score political points on violence in Egypt and Libya, and charges of class warfare rising on both sides, this mean and nasty season has only gotten worse.
==========
Most Negative Election In History?
By Jane Susskind
07/19/2012

With 16 weeks unti the general election, there has been a noticeable increase in negative advertising by both Mitt Romney and Barack Obama. According to Kantar Media, 89% of Obama’s ad buys featured an anti-Romney message, while 94% of Romney’s ads were attacking President Obama.

. . .

Do you think this is the “ugliest” election in history? Why is this election so much worse than previous ones?
============

The left is already setting up to de-legitimize his victory should he win. A large margin will make that harder.

According to this article.

Other findings from the poll: Only 12% of Obama supporters say they're casting their ballot as a vote against Romney. By comparison, 37% of Romney supporters say they're casting their ballot as a vote against the president.

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

According to this article.

Other findings from the poll: Only 12% of Obama supporters say they're casting their ballot as a vote against Romney. By comparison, 37% of Romney supporters say they're casting their ballot as a vote against the president.

Blues,
Dave

Probably true which shows that turnout will be the key in the end
Abraham Lincoln

>> Why is this election so much worse than previous ones?

>Money!

True! After the invention of money in 2009 things got a lot worse.

Citizens United changed the way money affects elections.