cocheese

Why isn't Ron Paul even mentioned on the news?

Why isn't he more popular? I don't get it. He is the only that ever makes sense.

Because they couldn't possibly let Ron Paul get elected. He would destroy the financial stronghold that our government holds over us. I'm a Ron Paul supporter and he has gotten the majority of the delegates but no one talks about it because mainstream white house controlled media outlets have an agenda that they need everyone to adopt. That agenda doesn't include someone as sensible and transparent as Ron Paul.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/the-fix/wp/2012/08/24/why-a-ron-paul-style-presidential-campaign-may-be-the-last-of-its-kind/

I'm a Ron Paul supporter and he has gotten the majority of the delegates

Huh?

There was a lot of shady things done by the Republican party to suppress Ron Paul. If there was an honest count of the delegates it's very likely that Ron Paul would have won enough delegate or even a majority. This is very poorly reported on, but it can be found on Youtube.

Since the beginning of the campaign, Ron Paul has focused on getting delegates rather than coming first in the popular vote. http://reason.com/archives/2012/08/01/ron-pauls-delegate-fight-with-the-gop There's been a lot of controversy over the delegates in Maine, Missouri, Louisiana and other states. There's a lot of information out there all for the reading. These are just a few quick links.

http://policymic.com/articles/11974/ron-paul-louisiana-controversy-paul-campaign-challenges-all-46-state-delegates

The link I posted earlier to the washingtonpost article, pointed out how the way he ran his campaign was so threatening to the combined Republican/Democrat parties that they will change the rules so people like Ron Paul have even less of a fighting chance than they do now.

Such a strategy would be nearly impossible in the future under the rule change. Statewide nominating contests would become the chief determinant across the board. If a candidate wins a state’s primary or caucus, the state must find a way to reflect the outcome of the primary in the way the delegates are allocated.

I think the main reason is that he sees his ideals as what a true republican should be and he's devoted to "saving" the party from itself.

I wish he'd give up and go full libertarian. That ship has sailed and sunk and everyone is already clinging to the life rafts.

Methane Freefly - got stink?

Why isn't he more popular? I don't get it. He is the only that ever makes sense.

I don't blame politicians anymore. I blame the dumb voters.:|

I don't blame politicians anymore. I blame the dumb voters.:|

Because he's not willing to separate his good ideas (e.g., many of his ideas pertaining to civil liberties) from his bat shit insane ideas (e.g., many of his ideas pertaining to economics).
Math tutoring available. Only $6! per hour! First lesson: Factorials!

He is the only that ever makes sense

Uh . . . No he doesn't. In fact, some of his stuff is outright screwball.

For instance, he's ok with letting people die if they don't have insurance. He also wants to do away with the Post office, even though it's part of the Constitution.

He sounds good for a few things, but in total he's as nutty as they come.

Also, since he's not the candidate...you know...he's kinda irrelevant.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

>Uh . . . No he doesn't. In fact, some of his stuff is outright screwball.

True, but most of it isn't. And at this point we need some new directions in Washington.

As soon as he took office he'd realize that he couldn't accomplish any of his more out there plans; there will be an adjustment time as the ideals of libertarianism get adapted to the real world. But from there I think he'd do some good work for the US.

Ron Paul's value has been his ability to raise more awareness of the fucked up parts of our government so that more people start taking responsibility for educating themselves instead of relying on what other people tell them (that's not directed at anyone here; general statement) and asking more questions and demanding good answers.

I'm not a Republican. The GOP treatment of Ron Paul is the lead reason why. Ron Paul's presence points out the massive similarities between the Democrats and the GOP. He's a heretic to both because of his stance on small government.

I know why many don't support them. I have good friends who don't think he's much more than a kook with foreign policy. I can see that viewpoint. But I am also of the opinion that at this point we need a guy like Paul for domestic issues. Ron Paul will fuck everything up and then rebuild.

Neither party wants that. They've got too much in the game. Ron Paul is an outsider guy.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

>Ron Paul's presence points out the massive similarities between the Democrats
>and the GOP. He's a heretic to both because of his stance on small government.

Which is why I don't get his allegiance to them. Sure, he might split the republican vote if he were a third party. He also might win.

He is the only that ever makes sense

Uh . . . No he doesn't. In fact, some of his stuff is outright screwball.

For instance, he's ok with letting people die if they don't have insurance. He also wants to do away with the Post office, even though it's part of the Constitution.

He sounds good for a few things, but in total he's as nutty as they come.

Also, since he's not the candidate...you know...he's kinda irrelevant.

Personal responsibility and accountability for oneself is screwball? :S

The government not providing health insurance is not "letting someone die" it's just simply removing the government as a health insurance provider. The only thing it would mean is health industry companies along with charities would take care of people versus dumping them on the government.

As for the Post Office the constitution can be amended. :)
Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

I'm a Ron Paul supporter and he has gotten the majority of the delegates but no one talks about it because mainstream white house controlled media outlets ...

Ooooh, I love conspiracy theories.

I bet Rupert Murdoch gets his orders from the White House every evening.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Which is why I don't get his allegiance to them. Sure, he might split the republican vote if he were a third party. He also might win.

Two words: Ross Perot. Even if he were to pull some of the Democratic vote, he's still splitting the Repub vote. While an election is won or lost with the independents/undecided, it can't be won without those that vote the party line.

It's called humanity.

If you saw a dog around your neighbor with a broken leg, what would you do?

Why on Earth would you treat a human any less well?

No. Humanity is helping when you don't have to. The party being helped is grateful.

When the government forces one to to help, the party forced to help is often resentful and the party receiving the help often feels they are just entitled to it.

Two words: Ross Perot. Even if he were to pull some of the Democratic vote, he's still splitting the Repub vote. While an election is won or lost with the independents/undecided, it can't be won without those that vote the party line.

we've covered this repeatedly. Perot drew equally from both major candidates.

Nader, otoh...

>If you saw a dog around your neighbor with a broken leg, what would you do?

I'd help it, if it let me.

Would you go back inside and hope that someone from the government helped the dog?

/sigh... Bill, I expect some of the lesser minds here to not be able to understand things like subtext. Don't be coy. You know damn well, that in the dog story, the reader is playing the part of the government taking care of unfortunate individuals who can not fend for themselves.

You said it yourself, you'd help the dog.

"We the People..." are the government.

Why shouldn't the government made of "We the People..." help the unfortunate who can't take care of themselves?
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver