skinnay

God Hates Chick-fil-A

there a more amusing side story going on where CFA clumsily created a new facebook user (same day) to defend the company and claim the Muppets loss was due to production faults, not getting punted. Unfortunately, aside from age issue, they used an easily identified "stock teenager" photograph for the account.

Sockpuppets never win.

there a more amusing side story going on where CFA clumsily created a new facebook user (same day) to defend the company and claim the Muppets loss was due to production faults, not getting punted.

This seems like a lawsuit waiting to happen.

"We apologize for any inconvenience but as of 7/19/2012 Chick-fil-A has voluntarily recalled all of the Jim Henson's Creature Shop Puppet Kids Meal Toys due to a possible safety issue. Please be advised that there have not been any cases in which a child has actually been injured, however there have been some reports of children getting their fingers stuck in the holes of the puppets." Source

Math tutoring available. Only $6! per hour! First lesson: Factorials!

Yep very clear. For those who love God, death is not a curse. It is an inevitable conclusion to one phase of existence and joyous beginning to the next.

So, are you in a hurry to meet your maker? If the afterlife is so wonderful, then why don't more Christians self-deport themselves there immediately?

Sounds to me like there's still just a little belief it might not be quite as perfect as their obviously-pathetic-by-comparison life here.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

Yep very clear. For those who love God, death is not a curse. It is an inevitable conclusion to one phase of existence and joyous beginning to the next.

So, are you in a hurry to meet your maker? If the afterlife is so wonderful, then why don't more Christians self-deport themselves there immediately?

Sounds like the words of a true hedonist...

Eternal life is through Christ, not suicide nor reckless abandon.
Your secrets are the true reflection of who you really are...

Not hedonistic, just simple logic.

If the after life is better, then why not just get on with it now?

A hedonist would say, "Give me more pleasure, because that is the only intrinsic good." But isn't that exactly what you all describe heaven as? If it's anything less than pleasurable, why would I want to go at all. And if it is a good thing, then why would anybody suffer this nonsense on earth? Why not just go now?

And if God has some rule against that, then why does he want me to suffer? What kind of God is that?
quade -

Not hedonistic, just simple logic.

A hedonist would say, "Give me more pleasure, because that is the only intrinsic good." But isn't that exactly what you all describe heaven as? If it's anything less than pleasurable, why would I want to go at all. And if it is a good thing, then why would anybody suffer this nonsense on earth? Why not just go now?

And if God has some rule against that, then why does he want me to suffer? What kind of God is that?

As Popeye would say, it's a myskery.

why does he want me to suffer? What kind of God is that?

If someone tells their child not to play with fire, then they play with fire and get burned...who's fault is that? Do you really believe they wanted their child to learn the hard way?

Sounds to me like there's still just a little belief it might not be quite as perfect as their obviously-pathetic-by-comparison life here.

No hurry, I am here until my purpose is complete. Until then I cherish every moment and love life. I try to do everything I can so others can have a richer life experience.

..Not hedonistic, just simple logic.

Mindlessly flawed logic.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

Mindlessly flawed logic.

Explain. How is the logic "flawed."

Please use actual logic in your answer.
quade -

The guy who owns Chick-fil-a is known to have strong religious beliefs. Doesn't bother me, cause we have Zaxby's nearby.
I get a bigger kick out of the politicians who don't want Chick-fil-a in their town because they don't agree with the owners beliefs. I could swear I heard Rahm Emmanuel say, "That boy's different fum us. We don't want him in ar town."
We can always count on the enemies of intolerance to show us what intolerance looks like.
You don't have to outrun the bear.

The guy who owns Chick-fil-a is known to have strong religious beliefs. Doesn't bother me, cause we have Zaxby's nearby.
I get a bigger kick out of the politicians who don't want Chick-fil-a in their town because they don't agree with the owners beliefs. I could swear I heard Rahm Emmanuel say, "That boy's different fum us. We don't want him in ar town."
We can always count on the enemies of intolerance to show us what intolerance looks like.

So now we have left wing politicians trying to discriminate against companies because of their religious beliefs. I seem to recall Jews being treated this way about 70 years ago.

No hurry, I am here until my purpose is complete. Until then I cherish every moment and love life. I try to do everything I can so others can have a richer life experience.

What is your purpose?

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never know if they are genuine" - Abraham Lincoln

>So now we have left wing politicians trying to discriminate against companies
>because of their religious beliefs. I seem to recall Jews being treated this way about 70
>years ago.

Now that's weak. A real Speaker's Corner type would have brought up Hitler ten posts ago, probably added Clinton's blow job and World War Two heroes to boot. What's this place coming to?

>So now we have left wing politicians trying to discriminate against companies
>because of their religious beliefs. I seem to recall Jews being treated this way about 70
>years ago.

Now that's weak. A real Speaker's Corner type would have brought up Hitler ten posts ago, probably added Clinton's blow job and World War Two heroes to boot. What's this place coming to?

I'm just trying to ease into it, ......... real slow.

But, I'm sad to hear you think discrimination based on religious beliefs is so funny. I wonder how you would have reacted if this was a Muslim owned business?

I wonder how you would have reacted if this was a Muslim owned business?

I'd say;

Real human rights > artificial human beliefs > twatwad company owners

Next question?

Uh huh, then why are you coming into this so late? Not a peep until Muslims and Jews were brought up.

So which is it? You think Rahm is justified in telling a Christian owned company they aren't welcome in Chicago becasue of their views on gays? Do you think it's OK to discriminated based on religious beliefs?

Uh huh, then why are you coming into this so late?

Contrary to popular belief, I don't sit at my computer 24/7/365 and follow every, single, picayune post?

Come in "late"?!? I made the second post in this thread, buddy/guy/friend.
quade -

Mindlessly flawed logic.

If the lack of faith is the only thing you can muster in regard to why christians don't commit suicide, then that gives me legitimate reason to question your mental dexterity, motive for posting and your ability to understand the christian faith.

If the lack of faith is the only thing you can muster in regard to why christians don't commit suicide, then that gives me legitimate reason to question your mental dexterity, motive for posting and your ability to understand the christian faith.

The Bible tells us that everyone is created with a seed of faith. That seed must be nurtured to grow.

These folks that claim to have no faith puzzle me and have kept me in a quandary for a several years. The only explanation I can deduce is that the faithless have never taken a true risk. That is to say they have never ventured further than what their own minds could conceive possible.

Oh, and quade, logic is flawed because it is a construct of mortal thinking.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

These folks that claim to have no faith puzzle me and have kept me in a quandary for a several years. The only explanation I can deduce is that the faithless have never taken a true risk. That is to say they have never ventured further than what their own minds could conceive possible.

One of the key concepts of Logic is definition. There are various types of definition - lexical, legal, technical, precising, and so forth - such that two people can be using the same word without ever touching on the same subject.

Thus, when you use the term "faith," it is with a specific meaning that you do not take care to denote.

One can be completely devoid of superstition and still be capable of many versions of "faith." Faith can denote confidence without ever crossing the line into belief.

One example is, say, skydiving. One need not believe in Odin or Gichimanitou to have faith that their properly packed parachute will operate properly if given the opportunity to do so. Does one take a "real risk" in relying on said faith? You bet your life.

Oh, and quade, logic is flawed because it is a construct of mortal thinking.

This statement demonstrates a profound lack of comprehension of what is Logic. The fact that you use an electronic computer to post such a claim is exquisitely ironic on many levels. It demonstrates faith in applied logic on an operational basis.

BSBD,

Winsor