jclalor

Florida Teen Shot

FreeFallFiend

I dont know what the feds would be able to charge him with. With a few exceptions homicide and manslaughter are both state issues not federal.

If it would happen, it would be on a civil right or hate crime level

IF, it would happen

Now that more is known about the political pressure used to get this to trial, they may not push it any further
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

rushmc

***I dont know what the feds would be able to charge him with. With a few exceptions homicide and manslaughter are both state issues not federal.

IF, it would happen

Now that more is known about the political pressure used to get this to trial, they may not push it any further

FBI has already come in tho and said no dice to those.
You stop breathing for a few minutes and everyone jumps to conclusions.

devildog

******I dont know what the feds would be able to charge him with. With a few exceptions homicide and manslaughter are both state issues not federal.

IF, it would happen

FBI has already come in tho and said no dice to those.

The DoJ would the one to do it

If anyone does
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

Channman

Mr. Zimmerman will need to consider moving to a new country and start a new life if possible. To remain in the states and try and begin a normal life is damn near impossible.

Thank Holder and Obama for that.

He's little people . . . and now he's a sacrificed pawn.

Nice of them, right?
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Channman

Mr. Zimmerman will need to consider moving to a new country and start a new life if possible. To remain in the states and try and begin a normal life is damn near impossible.

Yeah right. People say that, but people have a short attention span. They'll forget him in no time flat soon as the next "RAWRARWAWRAW" item pops up on radar.

quade

***I'll be surprised if justice is served.

I'd be surprised if anyone could objectively know what that is.

agreed - even the people that are HIRED to be objective about it are failing

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

quade

***I'll be surprised if justice is served.

I'd be surprised if anyone could objectively know what that is.

Objectively, such a simple word yet so true with regards to this subject. Well coming up on 1700 post, I'm needing to dial it back abit and call it a day.

wayneflorida

If GZ goes free I don't think there will be any substantial rioting, if any. Because the main complaint/protest at first is that people wanted GZ arrested, charged and tried. Well, he was and people have to accept the verdict just like OJ.

Miami disagrees. So do those affected by the Rodney King riots.

Gravitymaster

Bernhard Goetz all over again.

Something interesting the the Goetz case:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bernhard_Goetz#Activities_since_the_incident

Note that in the years since then, all the guys who were shot, (*except* one who was paralyzed), went on to further crimes.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

IT director in Zimmerman case is fired

(CNN) - An employee of the State Attorney's Office who testified that prosecutors withheld evidence from George Zimmerman's defense team has been fired.

Ben Kruidbos had been on paid administrative leave since May 28 from his job as director of information technology for the State Attorney's Office.

He testified before the trial began that Trayvon Martin's cell phone contained images of Martin blowing smoke, marijuana, and deleted text messages regarding a transaction for a firearm.

witty subliminal message
Guard your honor, let your reputation fall where it will, and outlast the bastards.
1*

This was a posting on Slashdot today:

I watched the coverage gavel to gavel of the Zimmerman trial. What was on Trayvon Martin's phone is maybe the most damaging information of all to the State's case. It is incredibly damaging to Trayvon Martin and his family and introduces criminal findings against them.

The State withheld evidence that Trayvon Martin was dealing and using drugs, dealing illegal firearms, and was in possession of an illegal firearm. And that Trayvon Martin was into fighting and beating people up and had punched someone in the nose earlier that month. And that he had assaulted a public bus driver and the police showed up but the driver was told to continue his route and not press charges.

There is also significantly strong evidence that Trayvon Martin's father was working with his son to acquire illegal weapons and that his father's nickname 'Fruit' was used amongst organized gang circles. There are texts that mention buying and selling pistols. And even a photo of Trayvon holding an illegal pistol. The photo is all over the internet and is not hard to find. The State withheld all of this and forced the defending attorneys to run around in circles to obtain the phone data.

The judge also ruled that none of the phone data on Trayvon Martin's phone was admissible. Why? Because there was no hard proof that Trayvon was actually the one operating the phone when those messages were sent and received. And that "anyone could have been operating Trayvon's phone at any time". The phone was DOUBLE password protected and took the State an entire year to crack. But the State said in court that even a "seven-year-old child could have cracked the phone and sent those messages". The judge agreed.

This case is disgusting. It is clear from top to bottom that it was rigged. When you have even the President of the United States deliberately poisoning the jury pool by commenting on the situation without knowing any discovery evidence years before a trial begins it is unreal. The State of Florida is out of control. This entire affair was a political theater event designed to win some elections.

"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.