jclalor

Florida Teen Shot

Irony meter explodes

I was not aware you owned one. Please have it recalibrated at your earliest convenience.

I haven't stated an opinion in this thread because I really don't know what happened. I think the truth is probably somewhere in the middle. I'm content to let the courts handle it. You, mnealtx, tkhayes, and others are clearly 100% sure that Zimmerman is guilty/innocent, and a revalation from Jesus Christ himself wouldn't change your position.

And you also feel compelled to brag about every little factoid the media makes up that seems to support your position. It's actually kind of pathetic.

- Dan G

>I haven't stated an opinion in this thread because I really don't know what happened.
>I think the truth is probably somewhere in the middle. I'm content to let the courts
>handle it.

Agreed. I'm glad this is now before a judge and (potentially) a jury. That's the right place to decide guilt or innocence.

No, it wasn't.
The case had been closed for quite some time until the reverend showed up.
:|

I'm speaking of the extant case and coverage, not the initial refusal to press charges at the time of the shooting.
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

This thread is like SC in a bottle: the usual suspects pick their side according to their own bias, refuse to budge regardless of anything under the sun, and then accuse the other side of being biased. Throw in some thinly veiled insults, and some not so veiled, and you have the whole forum in a nutshell.

.....and then someone else jumps in and criticizes everyone else for being biased. Perfect, thanks for completing the pathology.

I am only here for the purpose of observing how you psychos operate.

:ph34r:

This thread is like SC in a bottle: the usual suspects pick their side according to their own bias, refuse to budge regardless of anything under the sun, and then accuse the other side of being biased. Throw in some thinly veiled insults, and some not so veiled, and you have the whole forum in a nutshell.

.....and then someone else jumps in and criticizes everyone else for being biased. Perfect, thanks for completing the pathology.

The monsters are due on Maple Street. :S

The monsters are due on Maple Street. :S

So trwue, so trwue.:)

And then someone from the "other side" will feel obligated to get a dig in, even though the criticizer was completely neutral in his criticism.

Unbiased criticism...yep, that makes a lot of difference. :S:ph34r:

Irony meter explodes

I was not aware you owned one. Please have it recalibrated at your earliest convenience.

I haven't stated an opinion in this thread because I really don't know what happened. I think the truth is probably somewhere in the middle. I'm content to let the courts handle it. You, mnealtx, tkhayes, and others are clearly 100% sure that Zimmerman is guilty/innocent, and a revalation from Jesus Christ himself wouldn't change your position.

And you also feel compelled to brag about every little factoid the media makes up that seems to support your position. It's actually kind of pathetic.

I cant

You exploded it by placing yourself above that which you bitched about

The very shit you practice here almost daily

Oh

and at least I have facts

More than you can say
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

and at least I have facts

Beer!

Been going on for a while now

Beer was a long time ago

you missed out I guess
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

And then someone from the "other side" will feel obligated to get a dig in, even though the criticizer was completely neutral in his criticism.

Damned sure does. If it was biased you'd be raising hell about that...and rightfully so.

Maybe the problem is really those who can't take criticism of any sort.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

You exploded it by placing yourself above that which you bitched about

The very shit you practice here almost daily
y

Did anyone hear another loud BOOOM!

How the hell did this thread degenerate into a pots and kettles battle?

Maybe she's right we are ALL psychos!

http://www.tampabay.com/stand-your-ground-law/

Nuff said -great article

Law not being used as intended - uneven application- a lot of dead people - ans plenty of diuchebags going free

Hooray for us!!

Old news. Again, poorly written law.
Florida will obviously need to get it changed to clearly define circumstances for SYG.

http://www.tampabay.com/stand-your-ground-law/

Nuff said -great article

Law not being used as intended - uneven application- a lot of dead people - ans plenty of diuchebags going free

Hooray for us!!

Old news. Again, poorly written law.
Florida will obviously need to get it changed to clearly define circumstances for SYG.

Contrary to how it's portrayed in this thread, the circumstances are about a clearly defined as is possible for this sort of law.
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Damned sure does. If it was biased you'd be raising hell about that...and rightfully so.

Maybe the problem is really those who can't take criticism of any sort.

Nice, except both of you missed the tongue in cheek response. Perhaps the real issue has more to do with overly emotional response's and less with the ability to comprehend?

Contrary to how it's portrayed in this thread, the circumstances are about a clearly defined as is possible for this sort of law.

I'm seeing lawyers on both sides of the fence disputing the law and the law being applied unevenly where interpretations by different courts result in different applications in similar situations.

I don't think you can reasonably dispute that.

That is what is telling me that the SYG law was not well enough written to be more specific with regards to limiting those interpretations.

Yes, you could probably dispute MY interpretation of what I'm seeing.

Nice too.
In my case, your tongue in cheek was intentionally ignored.
Maybe you read emotions into a factual statement.
Did you think that the "you" was directed at you personally? In my case, it was not. The entire thought string was talking in the general sense.

"Perhaps the real issue has more to do with overly emotional response's and less with the ability to comprehend? "

This is true....all too often true. Much of that stems not from mental abilities of the reader, but just as often, from deficiencies of the writer in presenting clear thoughts. But you already knew that, right?

If anyone thinks they are innocent of either, they are almost guaranteed to be mistaken.

It's SC....it's not Harvard U. for Pete's sake.

Oh wait, holier-than-thou put-downs are expected.
(Are you going to take that as directed at you? No need....it wasn't. It's just a fact of SC.)

Dumbass Zimmerman got his bail revoked today

Bolded is the only part of your whole post that has an fact.

Seems he lied to the court about his passport(s)

No, he lost one and got a new one. He turned in one and forgot about having the other one... I have 2 DL's for the exact same reason. I actually forgot about the other license till I found it in a drawer. Last I read he was not even sure where the other one is.

and lied about how much money he has/had.

He didn't disclose the amount he had gotten from his defense fund. Big deal, his lawyer has control over it.

Problem is that dumbass people have the right to carry a gun,

No, the problem is people somehow think that if you disarm civilians the criminals will follow suit.

If I had a wannabe cop in MY neighborhood carrying a gun for the safety and protection of all of us - they would be a douchebag too.

Ah, there it is... Anyone that wants to protect themselves and wants the ability to be as armed as the criminals is a "douchebag" in your opinion.

Never mind that he was a mentor to underprivileged children. Never mind that HIS neighbors showed support for his actions.

Your personal bias is showing again.