jclalor

Florida Teen Shot

Perhaps, you should judge a man's life more than just beeing a "thug" >:( without any proof.

How do you know he was a thug??

Well, he wasn't a model student, that much is rather clear.

Is it? And that means what, again?

It means that when he's sitting on your chest and slamming the back of your head into a concrete sidewalk, it's probably not a prelude to inviting you over for some Girl Scout cookies.
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

.... chest and slamming the back of your head into a concrete sidewalk, it's probably not a prelude to inviting you over for some Girl Scout cookies.

Oh really? You've been there, you've seen it? Who witnessed it??

>:(

Several eyewitnesses did. Seriously, if you know that little about the case, why the hell are you even commenting on it?
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

>Who witnessed it??

He did. Haven't you read his posts?

And going by your posts, you were there to hear Zimmerman tell Martin "time to die".

Best watch your glass house if you're going to throw stones, bill.
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

.... chest and slamming the back of your head into a concrete sidewalk, it's probably not a prelude to inviting you over for some Girl Scout cookies.

Several eyewitnesses did. Seriously, if you know that little about the case, why the hell are you even commenting on it?

How about you, little Mikey?

Oh wait - what do you know what others don't??? :o

dudeist skydiver # 3105

How about you, little Mikey?

Oh wait - what do you know what others don't??? :o

That others don't? Probably not that much, since we're limited to what the attorneys and news organs report.

Compared to what *you* know? Evidently quite a lot.
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Oh really? You've been there, you've seen it? Who's witnessed it??

You can't be serious. You mean his record is all made up. It was a big conspiracy... Right.
If some old guy can do it then obviously it can't be very extreme. Otherwise he'd already be dead.
Bruce McConkey 'I thought we were gonna die, and I couldn't think of anyone

SYG takes another hit in the press. Yep....it's a FANTASTIC law....

http://www.tampabay.com/news/courts/criminal/drug-dealer-used-stand-your-ground-to-avoid-charges-in-two-killings/1235650

But at least it's not a 'gun problem' :S:S

I agree with your assessment here. Cause you are right that it took a hit in the PRESS. And the press being what it is today (left wing Obama shills) no one who thinks would take it serious
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

I agree with your assessment here. Cause you are right that it took a hit in the PRESS. And the press being what it is today (left wing Obama shills) no one who thinks would take it serious ***

So what you are saying then is that a drug dealer did NOT shoot two people and get away with it? you're crazier than I thought.....

I agree with your assessment here. Cause you are right that it took a hit in the PRESS. And the press being what it is today (left wing Obama shills) no one who thinks would take it serious ***

So what you are saying then is that a drug dealer did NOT shoot two people and get away with it? you're crazier than I thought.....

Nope

I am agreeing that the press did another hit job

Go figure:D
Abraham Lincoln

This isn't a SYG law issue, it is the Prosecutor and Judge misapplying a SYG law in to a drug deal gone bad shooting (and if drugs were not illegal maybe no shooting, and no point in the debate, but alas).

Maybe the State Legislature should tighten up the SYG laws, or since as I read them they are pretty tight, the State AG should remind the Judges how the laws SHOULD be applied.

And yep, your right, it wasn't a legal gun issue.

Matt
An Instructors first concern is student safety.
So, start being safe, first!!!

...it is the Prosecutor and Judge misapplying a SYG law...

In which direction are they misapplying it? If you ask the demographic, ask the State Senate, ask the judges and ask the prosecutors, I expect you will get a split on how they think it should be applied.

He got sent to prison on the second one - not exactly getting away with it.

Don't quibble- it's your own hand picked example. And for a guy who has lied repeatedly about just wanting a trial for Zimmerman, you show no reluctance to convict this guy by the press accounting.

There was no disputing the retaliatory nature of the incident on Dec. 19, 2010. Less than three months after Smith was released from prison, he was in a parking lot across from the Club Elite in Palmetto with a friend. It was about 2:30 a.m.

Mitchell, who had been in jail when his half-brother was killed in 2008, approached Smith, pulling a black T-shirt over his face. Mitchell then allegedly fired several shots, hitting Smith in the right forearm. Smith, who had a .357 Magnum, ran across the street toward the nightclub, then fired a couple of shots at Mitchell, who was running away. Smith told police he chased Mitchell, stopped to take aim and fired additional shots. He heard Mitchell scream.

not seeing how this is a failed application of SYG. You might dispute the criminal background behind the first incident where some heavies trying to shake him down for a piece of the profits attack him and one dies for it. But it's really a stretch here. He hasn't given up his right to life and self defense because of prior crimes. That's tantamount to a death sentence for dealing. That exceeds sentencing guidelines substantially.

I sure hope you aren't regretful that this petty drug dealer killed two other would be killers. Not exactly sympathy garnering victims you've chosen.

it's your own hand picked example

I did not pick it. The Tampa Tribune did. I just copied it. Along with the other Tampa article a few weeks ago about the couple hundred incidents that have fallen under SYG.

the law is faulty, it is misapplied, it is misinterpreted.

As a result, innocent people are dead, guilty people are walking free, and many many cases have different results for given the same circumstances.

Well-written laws don't often have this sort of a problem. If you cannot write good laws, then don't write them at all.

the law is faulty, it is misapplied, it is misinterpreted.

As a result, innocent people are dead

This law has caused people to die?

The gun o phobes are getting desperate.....
Abraham Lincoln

SYG takes another hit in the press. Yep....it's a FANTASTIC law....

http://www.tampabay.com/news/courts/criminal/drug-dealer-used-stand-your-ground-to-avoid-charges-in-two-killings/1235650

But at least it's not a 'gun problem' :S:S

""I agree this was probably not the class of people lawmakers were trying to protect when they wrote this law," Brown said. "But the law provides a larger umbrella than simply the home­owner that's protecting his house." "

What part of that are you railing against? You have a problem with a law that protects everyone rather than just your favorite demographic?

It sounds as though you have a problem with a law that helps protect anyone.

...and you are right...it's not a gun problem.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239