mikempb

CHRISTIAN APOLOGETICS

You guys will just use selective quoting, twist my words and shit all over my family...

I know that somehow, someway I'm supposed to know what that means but... dude, WTF?:D

The personal leap of faith that I was referring to involves my family...I'm not going to share that in this public forum because you people will shit all over it.

Then maybe you shouldn't even refer to it in public.

The best way to keep something private, is to keep it private.

Trying to have it both ways is just silly.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

You guys will just use selective quoting, twist my words and shit all over my family...

I know that somehow, someway I'm supposed to know what that means but... dude, WTF?:D

The personal leap of faith that I was referring to involves my family...I'm not going to share that in this public forum because you people will shit all over it.

Then maybe you shouldn't even refer to it in public.

The best way to keep something private, is to keep it private.

Trying to have it both ways is just silly.

That's why I kept my original statement very general, but look at the spectacle that has become.

I feel bad...Mike came here to practice his apologetics and I hijacked it. Who would've thought that so many atheists would get all stirred up over saying they have no faith.
Your secrets are the true reflection of who you really are...

I was giving a general description of what I feel a leap of faith entails...

Right. You said it entails being hated, ridiculed and despised for the rest of your life.

No I didn't...

Ok, so you weren't giving a general description of what you feel a leap of faith entails.

What were you doing?
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

Between your post, avatar and tag, you do more to promote atheism than anyone else here.

Thank you ;)

Not that I need it, but he certainly reinforces my view on christianity.
"Science, logic and reason will fly you to the moon. Religion will fly you into buildings."
"Because figuring things out is always better than making shit up."

So your family hates you and despises you?

Well, lucky for me my family wouldn't hate me if I turned religious, so I guess I can never know what a leap of faith feels like even if I took one.

And uh, what do you think happens to a greater portion - people being disowned for turning religious, or people being disowned for renouncing religion? Sounds to me like you're saying most atheists are perfectly well endowed in the trouser department.

That's why I kept my original statement very general, but look at the spectacle that has become.

No it isn't. You kept it general a) so you wouldn't be committed to any particular stance and b) because you're a drama whore.

I feel bad...Mike came here to practice his apologetics and I hijacked it. Who would've thought that so many atheists would get all stirred up over saying they have no faith.

"Hey dude, you're a christian coward with no balls!"

"What the hell?"

"What? Why are you getting all stirred up about being called a christian?"

:D:D

so is this you not trying to figure out my not so important opinion?
A buch of posts consisting of deliberately obtuse bullshit?
I must've really pissed you guys off this time.

You over estimate your importance to others.
quade -

Look at everyone comming in to take cheap shots at me...This has pretty much been the only active thread today. We hardly ever get this much action on a weekend...

Look at everyone comming in to take cheap shots at me...This has pretty much been the only active thread today. We hardly ever get this much action on a weekend...

Quit whining...You know you love the attention.
"Science, logic and reason will fly you to the moon. Religion will fly you into buildings."
"Because figuring things out is always better than making shit up."

Cheap shots? Dont flatter your self, More like shooting fish in a barrel.

so is this you not trying to figure out my not so important opinion?

No, this is me seeing how long it takes until you manage to say something you wont deny saying in the very next post. It's fun.

A buch of posts consisting of deliberately obtuse bullshit?

When every person that responds to you interprets your post in exactly the same way, it's time to start thinking that it's not their fault they don't get what you mean. It's time to start thinking you aren't as good a communicator as you think you are.;)

Nope, it's just fun watching you twist - but you do seem to be getting increasingly spiky yourself. Insults, accusations, a nice little victim complex... heck, you even brought your family into it! Time for a nice cup of tea and a bit of a breather, eh?

it's time to start thinking that it's not their fault they don't get what you mean.

Oh, no...I can understand how they preceived it to mean religious persecution. I just didn't know wtf you were talking about.

I never said you had to despised or ridiculed the rest of your life...you left out a very important part in your selective quoting.

But ok, I'm sorry...I suppose I could've just left it at this:
"Atheists will never understand faith until they grow enough balls to take the leap..."

Is that simple enough for you?

It works for me...hard to change the meaning of that with your selective quoting.

Oh, no...I can understand how they preceived it to mean religious persecution. I just didn't know wtf you were talking about.

First you've mentioned of it. At what point did you get lost?

I never said you had to despised or ridiculed the rest of your life...you left out a very important part in your selective quoting.

I haven't directly quoted that post. The two people that did (and who came to exactly the same conclusion regarding its meaning) quoted the entire post. It's not selective quoting when you select all of it.

"Atheists will never understand faith until they grow enough balls to take the leap..."

You could, but selecting only that part of your post drastically changes it's meaning. It's simply not what you said.

Not that I would ever accuse you of being a massive hypocrite, of course...:S

it's time to start thinking that it's not their fault they don't get what you mean.

Is that simple enough for you?

It works for me...hard to change the meaning of that with your selective quoting.

The choice that requires the most testicular fortitude is the choice that accepts reality over fantasy.

What makes you entertaining is all the back pedalling you do when what you said isn't "actually what you meant" and we just "don't understand" what you wrote or missed that you were trying to be ambigous when your sentances don't convey the ambigouity you apparently meant.

I haven't directly quoted that post.

Ok, you used a bullshit paraphase because it was more convenient and allowed you to twist what I actually said...something you couldn't do if you selected the whole quote.

People sometimes ask me if I believe in God. I always answer, "SOMEBODY's fucking with me".

Both sides seem to lose interest in the conversation at that point. I don't know why.
I know it just wouldnt be right to kill all the stupid people that we meet..

But do you think it would be appropriate to just remove all of the warning labels and let nature take its course.

Whatever makes you sleep at night Babin...

...and I sleep like a baby.;)

You wake up screaming every three hours?
That does not sound like too much of a bargain.

However, there is much to be said for being handed a boob to suck on every three hours. ;)

So, ya know, there's a whole yin-yang thing to it.
quade -

What makes you think any of us are pissed? I just said you were entertaining.

And I said that I wasn't talking about religious persecution but that wasn't enough for you, was it?

So you're gonna be pissed at me and like it.