mikempb

CHRISTIAN APOLOGETICS

Atheists will never understand faith until they grow enough balls to take the leap...to risk everything by going against everything you've known, everything that is natural....to risk everything to the point of being ridiculed, hated and despised the rest of your miserable life, if you are wrong.

How many atheists keep quiet about it out of fear of the repercussions? I think you may have it backwards.

I'm sorry, that's all you get...

It's vague but not incomprehensible...I already given you a hint, figure it out.

I think you are just making up excuses when someone calls you out on your bullshit. What you wrote wasn't vague. Just stand up and say what you have to say and stand behind it. Quit being a baby.

Christians aren't persecuted in the US.

>Atheists will never understand faith until they grow enough balls to take the leap.

And many religious will never consider atheism until they find the courage to face death.

Ya, as if dying without having to face the consequences of your actions is so courageous...I bet any coward would just love that.

Uh, you misunderstood his post. He means having the courage to face that death is the end; in other words, to not try to draw comfort from a belief in a hereafter, "better place", etc.

It's vague but not incomprehensible...

It's comprehensible to you because you know what you mean. To the rest of us (if it doesn't mean what it clearly sounded like) it's gobbledegook.

I already given you a hint, figure it out.

:D:D:D

Pass, thanks. Your opinion is really not that important.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

Christians aren't persecuted in the US.

I agree and have noted that several times in this forum and I haven't changed my mind, which is why you can be assured that's not what I was talking about.
Your secrets are the true reflection of who you really are...

>Atheists will never understand faith until they grow enough balls to take the leap.

And many religious will never consider atheism until they find the courage to face death.

Ya, as if dying without having to face the consequences of your actions is so courageous...I bet any coward would just love that.

Uh, you misunderstood his post. He means having the courage to face that death is the end; in other words, to not try to draw comfort from a belief in a hereafter, "better place", etc.

I didn't misunderstand. I was just saying that facing a death without consequences doesn't take any courage...

It's vague but not incomprehensible...

It's comprehensible to you because you know what you mean. To the rest of us (if it doesn't mean what it clearly sounded like) it's gobbledegook.

I said nothing about being persecuted specifically for your religion. I was giving a general description of what I feel a leap of faith entails...you guys are just making it complicated which is exatly why I'm not gonna cast my pearls before swine and share the specifics with you. You guys will just use selective quoting, twist my words and shit all over my family...

I already given you a hint, figure it out.

:D:D:D

Pass, thanks. Your opinion is really not that important.

I agree, so why all the commotion over this? Some people asked for clarification. If they care enough, they'll atleast try to figure it out. If not, who cares...I won't lose any sleep over it. Personally I enjoy it when things aren't spelled out for me.

Besides I wasn't even talking to you...

I was giving a general description of what I feel a leap of faith entails...

Right. You said it entails being hated, ridiculed and despised for the rest of your life.

By which you quite obviously meant that taking a leap of faith does not entail being hated ridiculed and despised for the rest of your life. How naughty of us to twist your words away from that self evident truth!

You guys will just use selective quoting, twist my words and shit all over my family...

I know that somehow, someway I'm supposed to know what that means but... dude, WTF?:D
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

Besides I wasn't even talking to you...

You were talking to me, and the only hint I got was that you feel persecuted. Well, actually it was a bit too explicit to be called a hint. And in my experience Christians (an Muslims too btw) feel persecuted really quickly. Christians sometimes even feel persecuted when they aren't allowed to persecute others any more.

>Ya, as if dying without having to face the consequences of your actions is
>so courageous...I bet any coward would just love that.

Many cowards cannot face death - so they imagine a heavenly reward that will allow them to live forever, and never have to face the end of their existence.

I was just saying that facing a death without consequences doesn't take any courage...

Yes and Christians just have to accept Jesus as their lord and saviour to escaped death and/or any negative consequences of death. How courageous is that? Not very.....

It takes more courage than deluding yourself with some bullshit "I'm going to a happy place" story so you don't have to face your end.
"Science, logic and reason will fly you to the moon. Religion will fly you into buildings."
"Because figuring things out is always better than making shit up."

I was giving a general description of what I feel a leap of faith entails...

Right. You said it entails being hated, ridiculed and despised for the rest of your life.

No I didn't...

Perhaps you're missing something...go back and try again.

You were talking to me, and the only hint I got was that you feel persecuted.

No, the hint was me telling you I don't feel persecuted, no matter how many times you people say I do.

>Ya, as if dying without having to face the consequences of your actions is
>so courageous...I bet any coward would just love that.

Many cowards cannot face death - so they imagine a heavenly reward that will allow them to live forever, and never have to face the end of their existence.

I'm sorry, I don't think I know anyone like that...you sure that's not a strawman?

I was just saying that facing a death without consequences doesn't take any courage...

Yes and Christians just have to accept Jesus as their lord and saviour to escaped death and/or any negative consequences of death. How courageous is that? Not very.....

Sorry, the foundation of my faith is not based on my death...but that's a pretty cool perk, dontcha think?

It takes more courage than deluding yourself with some bullshit "I'm going to a happy place" story so you don't have to face your end.

I'm sure you lie to yourself everyday about something or someone and delude yourself into believing you won't have to face judgement and pay the piper.

I'm sure you lie to yourself everyday about something or someone and delude yourself into believing you won't have to face judgement and pay the piper.

I don't have to delude myself. I have faced my mortality head on...and I had a lot of time to think about it. I was supposed to die, and at no point did I resort to any of your bullshit delusions.
That Piper you refer to is a myth that you created so that you wouldn't have to face your own death. That's cowardice.
"Science, logic and reason will fly you to the moon. Religion will fly you into buildings."

Listening to you extol the virtues of Christianity is like listening to a 400 pound person singing the praises of weightwatchers.

Well, you knew the boy had issues when you saw his avatar...:ph34r:

Listening to you extol the virtues of Christianity is like listening to a 400 pound person singing the praises of weightwatchers.

I'll catch on one day...the important thing right now is for me not to give up.

You guys will just use selective quoting, twist my words and shit all over my family...

I know that somehow, someway I'm supposed to know what that means but... dude, WTF?:D

The personal leap of faith that I was referring to involves my family...I'm not going to share that in this public forum because you people will shit all over it.

I will save it for those who can appreciate it...