mikempb

CHRISTIAN APOLOGETICS

Do me a favor? Don't put words in my mouth I don't put in there myself ..

You're the one who wants to leave the bible out of a conversation about christianity...Good luck with that. Are you really suprised I took exception to that?

I am debating 10 other people at a time in here ( and loving it ) I've never been ashamed nor will I ever be of my belief and love for God.

That's why I was careful not to say that you were.

When people don't believe sometimes they have an emotional block sometimes an intellectual one apologetics can Help someone see a side of faith they normally wouldn't.

That's fine...it's just not gonna save them.

I understand we have different purposes for being here...I don't mean to be bustin' your chops.
Your secrets are the true reflection of who you really are...

“I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. They are so unlike your Christ.” Gandhi*

*I don't care if it's not a true quote--the idea still stands....

You're right...I'm not like Christ, and you're not like Gandhi. What's your point?

I should start another thread I think, about why atheists are so angry....... Hmmmm maybe they need some good 'ol fashioned forgiveness. I have to thank you though, I started this thread for some fun interesting conversation and to the angry ones thanks for the laughs!!!

I didn't see any agry posts. Maybe I missed them.

references to the bible that will get us off tract

OK, I just had to highlight this. I'm not usually one to point out typos, but this one is too funny

Sorry Mike...

Wendy P.

Damn, that pesky scripture just keeps gettin' in the way.

That's ok ;) I just try and put myself out there to any and all people who have questions about this stuff. I have so much more information to share regarding the bible itself but I save that for people who have faith already. It's one thing to have some fun in a forum its another when I may help strengthen someone's beliefs it's such a great feeling!

You must have been so angry while you were hitting exclamation marks your third one was 1

No, really?

A) That's intentional, it's sort of a meme, a common internet way of taking the piss out of the other party's enthusiasm.

B) It was written after you complained about people being angry. So unless you can see the future, it doesn't count.

So, again, where did you get that people were angry? It's truly a bizzare allegation.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

Nevermind, forget it...that's not what I meant.

Oh, ok.

So when you said 'without the bible, anything goes' you actually meant 'without the bible, not everything goes'.

No, you're just confused...

So you did mean that without the bible anything goes? So what about the Buddhists?

With all your flip-flopping it's impossible to not be confused about whatever the hell it is your talking about.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

Re-reading all of this post, it occurs that the anti-religion-ers are so demanding of proof, one might draw the conclusion that the strident calls for proof may define the fear of "What if I'm wrong".
Very interesting, that the topic would generate this level of emotional response. Again, great post.

As far as this forum is concerned I am ambivalent.

But when looked at logically there is no logical support for the religious side of the argument. If there were then there would be no need for faith. If you can look at the whole picture dispassionately and use proper logic and critical thinking you would see this to be true.