Andrewwhyte

Rick Perry: Just how bad was it?

http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2011/11/01/satire-on-occupy-wall-street-trips-up-rick-perry/

Much of mainstream US media overlooked this one as well in the NH debate. I nearly fell off my chair laughing. Perry is as bad or worse than GWB for being a complete doorknob.

fact-check guys, that's all you have to do.

Hey the Texicans around here would STILL vote for him.. based on their past performance:S

How's that intercontinental railroad of Obama's doing these days, anyway?

I wasn't comparing him to Obama, I was comparing him to Bush, maybe you missed that.

you're right, people just 'misunderestimate' Perry.....

No, didnt miss that

Comparing Perry to Obama though, makes Perry look like a genius

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

OK you win....NO ONE can make a lamer statement than that... you are the very clear winner.

Meh, he never had a chance anyhow. Not far enough removed from the last idiot governor of Texas. At least Jeb knows to let his brother fade in the popular memory a bit...Mr. Perry was trying too soon.

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

Amazon, there are several Texicans posting here who would so no such thing. I'm not the only one.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

I recall there were plenty of polls in Texas of people saying they would prefer perry to stay as governor of the state of texas bu not to be president. Being in Austin I remember some of these polls or stories in the statesman.

Are you saying that Texans would be "ashamed that the President of the United States is from Texas?"

+1 for Natalie Maines and the Dixie Chicks!
It's all been said before, no sense repeating it here.

Amazon, there are several Texicans posting here who would so no such thing. I'm not the only one.

Wendy P.

I highly doubt you voted for Perry OR for Da Shrub Wendy.

BUT most of the Texicans here in SC... uh huh...I am betting have never voted for anyone who does not think in lockstep with them... Go to the same kind of churches as they do.. nor have the same general complexion as either Bush or Perry

Perry's gaff was pretty bad, but when he finally remembered Department of Energy, I really cringed. DoE is responsible for our country's nuclear weapons programs. Rick should know this, because one of their plants is Pantex, which is in .... Texas.
Lucky for him, the moderators didn't seem to know this either. At least, they didn't ask him if he wants to eliminate nuclear weapons.
You don't have to outrun the bear.

Being in favour of shutting down a department does not mean you want to eliminate every program within. For the life of me I have no idea why the department of energy would be in charge of nuclear weapons. That is a defense issue. Civilian nuclear safety would seem to be orphaned though.; maybe put it under homeland security with everything else.:P

Being in favour of shutting down a department does not mean you want to eliminate every program within. For the life of me I have no idea why the department of energy would be in charge of nuclear weapons. That is a defense issue. Civilian nuclear safety would seem to be orphaned though.; maybe put it under homeland security with everything else.:P

Pssst.. follow the M O N E Y of the ill named "Tea Party"

If the masters don't want those departments there to fine them for pesky things like fraud.. or polluting everything in sight.... then their bought and paid for stooges will move heaven and earth to rid the US of those who corporations despise.

http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2011/11/01/satire-on-occupy-wall-street-trips-up-rick-perry/

Much of mainstream US media overlooked this one as well in the NH debate. I nearly fell off my chair laughing. Perry is as bad or worse than GWB for being a complete doorknob.

Did he ever get to that 57th state?

Maybe he had a corps man take him there

a key difference being that Parry was given two more chances to remember. There's a difference between a misspoken word and a brain fart. The question really is did Parry have a brain fart, or was he just not well prepared? And if the vast "pressure" of a debate frazzles him, do we want him negotiating with the leaders of Israel or Iran?

[reply
BUT most of the Texicans here in SC... uh huh...I am betting have never voted for anyone who does not think in lockstep with them... Go to the same kind of churches as they do.. nor have the same general complexion as either Bush or Perry

if that were the case, then none of them would have ever voted.

Your shortsighted assumptions, are about as complete as your flawed logic.

yes, there are some bush defenders here. But there are at least as many obamapologists. blindly defending anyone based on their party affiliation is, to borrow a phrase, goat fuck stupid.
--
Rob

DOE handles development and maintanence of nuclear weapons. DOD handles delivery.
More to the point, though, the DOE budget is only about $30 billion in most years. If you don't eliminate the programs, there's not much cost savings.
You don't have to outrun the bear.

DOE handles development and maintanence of nuclear weapons. DOD handles delivery.
More to the point, though, the DOE budget is only about $30 billion in most years. If you don't eliminate the programs, there's not much cost savings.

Who gets to handle all the bad juju left at DOE sites all over the country if DOE goes away. Many of those sites are lethal to human life.... for esentially the rest of the span of the human species

>How's that intercontinental railroad of Obama's doing these days, anyway?

A heck of a lot better than Perry's family hunting preserve!

Swing and a(nother) miss.... the Perrys don't own that property.
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Did he ever get to that 57th state?

Maybe he had a corps man take him there

a key difference being that Parry was given two more chances to remember. There's a difference between a misspoken word and a brain fart. The question really is did Parry have a brain fart, or was he just not well prepared? And if the vast "pressure" of a debate frazzles him, do we want him negotiating with the leaders of Israel or Iran?

I don't think he's taking these debates seriously. With his ego, I think, he feels he's 'got it made'. As of this morning, Perry has really slipped in the polls and Gingrich is even with Romney.

Chuck

I wasn't comparing him to Obama, I was comparing him to Bush, maybe you missed that.

No, didnt miss that

OK you win....NO ONE can make a lamer statement than that... you are the very clear winner.

Good, I see you got some batteris

Ok, now you can shut it off now (once in a while)
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

No, didnt miss that

Good, I see you got some batteris

Ok, now you can shut it off now (once in a while)

Damn good thing yours is a 110 volt model.... so you can keep it going for hours and hours and hours and hours... well until its time to put the cranium back .. Its a win -win for you.. Do you get discounts from the utility you work for???:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::D:D:D:D

DUUUUUUD I suppose Perry and Bush look BRILLIANT to you.