Frankyspanky

Bombing and shooting in Norway...

Well, 1:5,000,000 is closer to "most" than 5:300,000,000.

60 politically-based mass shooting sprees would have to occur in the US to reach parity with Norway.

60 politically-based mass shooting sprees would have to occur in the US to reach parity with Norway.

I guess you dont think we have 60 Timothy McVeys out there...?????

Here is his motive! Pages 1103-1112 of 434's pdf file. He intends to use his own trial as a vehicle to further his "movement" and ideas knowing that it would attract massive media attention. I wondered why he allowed himself to be taken alive.

Really? I thought it was pretty obvious. Hopefully his trial will be held in camera and rob him of the chance to speak standing on the bodies of the innocent.
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

The reason all those made the news is precisely because those events are NOT common. If mass killings were a daily occurance by regular, ordinary people, they would cease to be "news-worthy"...
"There is no problem so bad you can't make it worse."
- Chris Hadfield
« Sors le martinet et flagelle toi indigne contrôleuse de gestion. »
- my boss

I guess you dont think we have 60 Timothy McVeys out there...?????

Oh ...we have waaay more than 60 McVeighs. They're everywhere and in every country ...and reside on every point on the political spectrum. There are probably countless wackjobs in Norway ...but only 1 went off the rails. Off the top of my head, the ones that acted here in the US (besides McV and Nichols) are Kazinski, 19 Arabs, Dohrn, Sirhan, Reno, the Columbine shooters, JE Ray, Oswald, the Muslim major, the nutcase in AZ, the DC shooters, a couple of abortion clinic bombers/shooters, a couple more presidential assassination attempts. Probably a few more I can't think of right now. ....getting close to 60. (Looks like the right wingers are leaving most of the heavy lifting to the left wingers. and I'm counting bombings, too.)

I wonder how many here in SC are on the Southern Poverty Law Centers watch list???

Interesting site they have with the "hate map". A quick scan of the lists of hate groups in each state reveals that SPLC recognizes no Muslim hate groups within the US (unless you include Nation of Islam). They are among the best behaved populations in the US in terms of terrorist activities. Not a single mosque ...not a single student group ...not a single cleric ...not a single flight school is listed.

I wonder how many here in SC are on the Southern Poverty Law Centers watch list???

Interesting site they have with the "hate map". A quick scan of the lists of hate groups in each state reveals that SPLC recognizes no Muslim hate groups within the US (unless you include Nation of Islam). They are among the best behaved populations in the US in terms of terrorist activities. Not a single mosque ...not a single student group ...not a single cleric ...not a single flight school is listed.

I think you will find those on every LEO watch list..... and are probably not on the SPLC for reasons of National Security.

Here is his motive! Pages 1103-1112 of 434's pdf file. He intends to use his own trial as a vehicle to further his "movement" and ideas knowing that it would attract massive media attention. I wondered why he allowed himself to be taken alive.

Really? I thought it was pretty obvious. Hopefully his trial will be held in camera and rob him of the chance to speak standing on the bodies of the innocent.

His trial will most likely not be filmed. I have yet to see a single trial being filmed here in Norway. There are laws restricting it anyhow.
Anyway, the police wants his hearing tomorrow to be closed. Personally I would like to see the asshole speak, look at his face, see if there is any form of remorse. Which there probably isn't, and it wouldn't matter anyway. He did say that what he did was "gruesome, but had to be done". No, nothing had to be done. I read his "Templar log" in his manifest yesterday, and I was absolutely appalled. I am so angry with this person, for what he did to all those innocent people and to our country. I am blessed that no one I know (at least that I know of) was harmed by this awful man. My thoughts are with the victims, survivors and their loved ones.

I've heard there is very strong anti-muslim sentiments in Norway. I've heard that many Norweigens feel they are losing their mational identity due to the large influx of Muslims. Is this true?

It seems to me this is less of a matter of Breivik being a Christian and more of a nationalistic act of terror.

Does anyone know more about the people he shot? Were they Muslims?

I've heard there is very strong anti-muslim sentiments in Norway. I've heard that many Norweigens feel they are losing their mational identity due to the large influx of Muslims. Is this true?

It seems to me this is less of a matter of Breivik being a Christian and more of a nationalistic act of terror.

Does anyone know more about the people he shot? Were they Muslims?

Yes, quite a few Norwegians feel that way, but they would NEVER act on it like Breivik did on Friday. With that said, MOST Norwegians do not feel that way. At least not the ones I know.

Breivik is a moderate Christian, he says so himself in his manifest. Everything's in there, you should take a look.
It's a political manner, and the people he shot were the Labour Party's youth group at their annual summer camp on an island called Utøya. Breivik disagrees with the Labour Party's immigrant politics, and this was his "first step towards changing Norway".
He killed everyone he saw, everyone was a target. For 1 1/2 hrs he walked around shooting everyone, even children. One child got away, an 11 year old, he said to Breivik "You killed my dad. I'm too young to die. Stop shooting". He let the kid go.

86 people were shot and killed, the bomb killed 7 people. 66 people were hurt at Utøya, several might not make it. 30 was hurt by the bomb, and there are still people missing at both Utøya and in Oslo.

His trial will most likely not be filmed. I have yet to see a single trial being filmed here in Norway. There are laws restricting it anyhow.
Anyway, the police wants his hearing tomorrow to be closed. Personally I would like to see the asshole speak, look at his face, see if there is any form of remorse. Which there probably isn't, and it wouldn't matter anyway. He did say that what he did was "gruesome, but had to be done". No, nothing had to be done. I read his "Templar log" in his manifest yesterday, and I was absolutely appalled. I am so angry with this person, for what he did to all those innocent people and to our country. I am blessed that no one I know (at least that I know of) was harmed by this awful man. My thoughts are with the victims, survivors and their loved ones.

A trial held in camera doesn't mean its filmed it means the opposite, in a closed court without media and public, this is also known as in chambers or in curia. I wouldn't even want him to have his words reported from the trial as that is the reason he committed the mass murders in the first place. Its bad enough that his 'manifesto of hate' is all over the internet.
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

Islam, or Christianity, who gives a fuck. RELIGION caused this fucking mess.

RELIGION.....it's evil, it always is, it always was.

If there were no 'god' then there would be no evil.

I'll refrain from saying this is immature and ignorant. Let's just say it's simplistic.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

simplistic? Sometimes simplistic is what it is. I call it like I see it.

Political? sure. Religion the driving force behind the political beliefs? You bet -

not like we do not see politics being driven by religious agendas EVERY SINGLE DAY in this country.

Call it like I see it.

Following my post, I was in an attitude of prayer doing my morning study and I received an unction from the Holy Spirit.

I am no longer going to respond to your posts. I do not believe any benefit, personal, mutual or community wide, can be derived from our interactions. They only serve to stir the pot.

You have your life and I have mine. I wish you continued good luck on your journey.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

I can't see how this has anything to do with religion. If it did, why didn't he attack a mosque? If it had something to do with his rejection of multi-culturalism, then why didn't he attack something or some place that represented that? Why go on a rampage and kill his own people?

I think this is just an insane rampage by a looney and I think attempts to paint it as anything but, is just a stretch to explain something that most find difficult to understand.

Because he believed the people he killed to be traitors who are letting Islam take over his Christian country, that is why. I would imagine that he did not attack a Mosque because he didn't want to appear racist or place Muslims in a position where they would appear to be the victims.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

Because he believed the people he killed to be traitors who are letting Islam take over his Christian country, that is why. I would imagine that he did not attack a Mosque because he didn't want to appear racist or place Muslims in a position where they would appear to be the victims.

As I said, I think people are looking for some explanation for a loony.

We have hundreds of groups here in the US on the fringe who have the same ideaology who have the same hatred of anyone who does not goose step to their particular drum beat.

What's your's called?

WOW....You are way the fuck outta line bubba

Wow you really don’t have the nerve inside your head that screams hypocrite do you?

You spew hateful garbage all day, all the time, you have said words that can easily be looked at calling for violence against any thing brown!!!!????????????????

WOW that’s all I have to say WOW. Selective amnesia?

I was expecting you to send this guy a letter asking for his hand in Marriage? Actually we have quite a few people on here who I am surprised have not asked this guy to marry them……….. oh wait most of those guys think marriage is between a man and a woman only. He is all yours i guess:S
I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." - Kurt Cobain

I can't see how this has anything to do with religion.

I agree, or at least I agree the connection is tenuous and it would be unsupportable to blame right-wing Christianity for this. The issue to me seems to be xenophobia, hatred of "outsiders" who dilute "cultural/ethnic purity".

I think this is just an insane rampage by a looney...

Not a "looney" in the sense of "insane", though. Rather, an intelligent and organized extremist who decided other people could be used as poker chips in his gamble to foment an anti-multiculturalist uprising. Just another Timothy McVeigh, who would no doubt become another Stalin given the opportunity. These people are much more dangerous than the truly insane, because they can plot and plan and so generate many more casualties.

Don

Writing him off as a loony is a tempting but lazy and dangerous thing to do. He is part of a much larger body of the far right who agree with his aims and some with his methods. Its interesting though that in his hatred of what he describes as Marxists he adopted the tactics of Marxism. Taking upon himself the role of the vanguard taking violent action to awaken the proletariat in a call to arms against what he views as the enemy. It would be funny if it wasn't so bloody tragic.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

When you have people constantly spewing ignorant garbage, when they take one example one person use that for condemning a race, religion,a LARGE group of people shit like this happens.

The Nazis weren’t from space, they were people normal people who heard the same ignorant racists shit that many on here spread daily. All you need is someone and they exist in every denomination to take it seriously and be looking for an excuse to use violence.
I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." - Kurt Cobain