Frankyspanky

Bombing and shooting in Norway...

Hey, old stuff. We had deadly shooting sprees this past weekend in Texas, Arizona and Seattle. Overall a pretty good weekend for kooks with guns,

Oh, apparently this past weekend we had a kook with a gun on the rampage in Florida too. Looks like the kooks are winning.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

I think this is just an insane rampage by a looney and I think attempts to paint it as anything but, is just a stretch to explain something that most find difficult to understand.

That is the evaluative equivalent of a "parachute failed to open" media report on a skydiving incident though.

Just as this guy used political/national/etc ideology to rationalize his actions both to himself and to others, people will in turn use his actions to rationalize other political/religious/etc ideologies they feel are in opposition to rampaging loonies. I think that's what you're hoping can be avoided in your above statement, and I can appreciate that. But extremism turning violent is something worth studying if you can distill past all the popular finger pointing that goes on.

I agree that it's worth studying but that insinuates that there's a solution. Something to be gleaned from his psychology that would give us some insight into why he did this so that we can apply that knowledge to discovering those traits in others before they commit a similar crime. Same thing has been tried with Manson, Kazinsky, Bundy, and others, but still this happens. I'm not sure we will ever find a way to predict psychopathic/sociopathic behavior, although I agree we should continue to try.

But extremism turning violent is something worth studying if you can distill past all the popular finger pointing that goes on.

well, it's good if it only involves that 'other' guy's extremism/positions - then I'll lambast it all day

(the easiest way to get around it is to just find a nutjob and then claim he's with the other side regardless)

:P

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

Hey, old stuff. We had deadly shooting sprees this past weekend in Texas, Arizona and Seattle. Overall a pretty good weekend for kooks with guns,

Oh, apparently this past weekend we had a kook with a gun on the rampage in Florida too. Looks like the kooks are winning.

Hey, in my neck of the woods, we call 'em "boogies".

We have hundreds of groups here in the US on the fringe who have the same ideaology who have the same hatred of anyone who does not goose step to their particular drum beat.

What's your's called?

WOW....You are way the fuck outta line bubba

You made her mad, you better be careful or she'll tell her group about you.

You need a towel.. to clean that stuff off...

This is not an Europeen problem, it is a western problem just as extreme Islam is.

There should be a time where everyone could sit down and realize where this is going to end, if we do not turn around, and really try to make a better world for us, and for the next generations. Do we really want to continue down the same path? Is the 3 world war the only solution to get back to a new beginning tired of war and big losses?

Im just asking

Think we need to keep this in perspective, as terrible as the loss of life is we're still talking about a tiny amount of people on both sides who will resort to violence. The vast majority of Muslims and Christians are peaceful people who just want to get on with their lives and bring their children up happy and educated. To lose faith in that is to let the terrorists of both sides win a victory.
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

In this case I doubt it, have you met anyone who has been inspired by the murders? I haven't, even the EDL is trying (and failing) to distance itself from his actions.
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

I ment what politicians and religious leaders will do after attacks like this. Whatever our government say, this will give consequenses for our daily lifes, under the manifest of more security.

Maybe it will make it better? Who knows, time wil tell.

I can't see how this has anything to do with religion. If it did, why didn't he attack a mosque? If it had something to do with his rejection of multi-culturalism, then why didn't he attack something or some place that represented that? Why go on a rampage and kill his own people?

I think this is just an insane rampage by a looney and I think attempts to paint it as anything but, is just a stretch to explain something that most find difficult to understand.

Maybe people spend to much time reading Mark Juergensmeyer, thus after reading they say to themselves...Yea, thats it, what he said.

What bible thumping church did Breivik's attend in Norway? Christ follower, I think not.

But to tkhayes point about the evils of Christians...or religion as a whole. Should we also be reminded of some non-religious leaders, such as Joseph Stalin, Mao, Hitler, Pol Pot or others. With over a 100 million killed in the last century, should we give these forms of government a second chance.

I've seen more good in the world from christians than I've seen from the above referenced leaders and their forms of government. We can all rest assure that Norway will see to it that Anders Breivik will get a nice cozy cell and parol in about 21 years.

>What bible thumping church did Breivik's attend in Norway? Christ follower, I think not.

Frogner Church in Oslo, Norway.

>Should we also be reminded of some non-religious leaders, such as Joseph Stalin,
>Mao, Hitler, Pol Pot or others.

Of course. The only time that non-religious terrorists are off limits is when Muslims kill people. Works like this:

Issue: A Christian kills people
Politically correct right wing stance: It has nothing to do with religion. Nonreligious terrorists kill all the time. He's not a Christian anyway.

Issue: A Muslim kills people
Politically correct right wing stance: It's because he's a Muslim, and it's all because of the Koran/his mosque/Sharia law/"religion of violence"/teaching Muslim kids to kill/Islamist rage etc etc.

>What bible thumping church did Breivik's attend in Norway? Christ follower, I think not.

Frogner Church in Oslo, Norway.

>Should we also be reminded of some non-religious leaders, such as Joseph Stalin,
>Mao, Hitler, Pol Pot or others.

Of course. The only time that non-religious terrorists are off limits is when Muslims kill people. Works like this:

Issue: A Christian kills people
Politically correct right wing stance: It has nothing to do with religion. Nonreligious terrorists kill all the time. He's not a Christian anyway.

Issue: A Muslim kills people
Politically correct right wing stance: It's because he's a Muslim, and it's all because of the Koran/his mosque/Sharia law/"religion of violence"/teaching Muslim kids to kill/Islamist rage etc etc.

So many words, when a "Yes I agree with you" is all that is needed.:P

>So many words, when a "Yes I agree with you" is all that is needed.

It might be something you need, but it isn't something I can give you.

He was a follower of Christ as much as an Islamic terrorist is a follower of Allah. You may disagree, but your opinion is just as valid as the people who think that terrorism is not a characteristic of Islam.

He was a follower of Christ as much as an Islamic terrorist is a follower of Allah. You may disagree, but your opinion is just as valid as the people who think that terrorism is not a characteristic of Islam.

I haven't seen anywhere that he was killing in Christ's name. I have seen where Muslims are kiliing because Allah told them to. 72 Virgins and all that.

>I haven't seen anywhere that he was killing in Christ's name.

You mean beyond the "martyr's mass" and his membership in the Knights Templar, otherwise known as the "Fellow-Soldiers of Christ?"

=============
THE Norwegian mass-killer Anders Behring Breivik claims he is part of a network of up to 80 "solo martyr cells" of people wanting to overthrow Western governments that tolerate Islam.
=============
Other disturbing clues to Norway’s suspected right-wing killer are still being unearthed from the 1,500-page document he posted on the Internet shortly before the attacks. He had plans to mark the killings with both a "martyr's mass" and a night with a high-priced prostitute.

. . .

In April 2002, Breivik attended a Knights Templar Europe meeting in London, as “Knight Templar 8“ and representative of Norway. He writes that he was given the codename Sigur at this encounter.

Breivik also refers to a plan to turn the right-wing blog, document.no, into a news portal with a monthly newspaper.

. . .
Breivik refers to the planned attacks as an act of martyrdom, apparently believing that he would die carrying them out. He expresses the intention of having a “martyr’s mass” beforehand at Oslo‘s Frogner Church, and to hire the girl shortly before or after that mass took place.
===============

Did you read the manifest yet?

"With this oath I state my strong and irrevocable intent:
To pledge my sword, my forces, my life and everything that I own to the cause, defence,
honour of my country and of Europe, my people, the Christian religion, of the PCCTS,
Knights Templar and of my companions in arms; to the rescue of my country and of
Europe as a whole from the tyranny of Marxist and Islamic oppression.
To love my brothers the Knights and my Sisters the Ladies and help them, their children
and their widows with my sword, my advice, means and wealth, my credit and
everything in my power, and will favour them, with no exception, over those who are not
members of the order.
To fight the infidels and the non-believers with my example, virtue, charity and
convincing arguments; and to fight with the sword the infidels and non-believers who
attack the Cross with their own sword."

I haven't seen anywhere that he was killing in Christ's name. I have seen where Muslims are kiliing because Allah told them to. 72 Virgins and all that.

Just goes to show that theres none so blind as those who refuse to see.

So once again i refer you to the killers video, here it is all you have to do is click on the link and watch (if you don't get it the first time you can watch it a second and even a third)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAwp2FnRmsE&skipcontrinter=1

After watching the whole thing only a cretin could deny that the killer was acting as a right wing 'Christian' terrorist.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

Normally I don't respond to Cretins who's intellect is so low that they need to resort to personal insults. But I'll make an exception in your case just this once.

I see the religious aspect of his thinking with the references to the Knights Templar. However, I see a person, with extreme ideological, nationalistic, religious and cultural hatred who wants to drive muslims out of Europe. What I don't see is that his main motivation is religion the way I do with muslim extremists. No where does he rant that he is doing this for specifically for God.

This may be difficut for you to understand, but I see him the same way I would a member of the Ku Klux Klan in the U.S. in that there is a religious component to their hate, but the main motivation is racism.

Now, If you think you can calm yourself down and respond without the insults, then by all means do so. However, if you can't control yourself, then don't bother. Or at least recognise that your response will be rhetorical.

What I don't see is that his main motivation is religion the way I do with muslim extremists.

Then you are in a very small minority. You may not like to believe it but it happens to be factual motivator for this individual.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

Normally I don't respond to Cretins who's intellect is so low that they need to resort to personal insults. But I'll make an exception in your case just this once.

I see the religious aspect of his thinking with the references to the Knights Templar. However, I see a person, with extreme ideological, nationalistic, religious and cultural hatred who wants to drive muslims out of Europe. What I don't see is that his main motivation is religion the way I do with muslim extremists. No where does he rant that he is doing this for specifically for God.

This may be difficut for you to understand, but I see him the same way I would a member of the Ku Klux Klan in the U.S. in that there is a religious component to their hate, but the main motivation is racism.

Now, If you think you can calm yourself down and respond without the insults, then by all means do so. However, if you can't control yourself, then don't bother. Or at least recognise that your response will be rhetorical.

Nice try buddy, but what is transparent, is clear to see.

His 'is' a right wing Christian terrorist, everythng he stood for is based on Christian history...
Back a hundred years ago, especially around Woodrow Wilson, what happened in this country is we took freedom and we chopped it into pieces.
Ron Paul