grimmie

Republican POTUS nominee will be...

It had HUGE support in the early stages of it, being approved by a vote of 339 to 70 by the Senate, but at the final moment some of the smaller states figured out they had a disproportionate amount of power by maintaining the status quo, filibustered it and eventually got it to die.

"final moment?" You mean as soon as it got to the Senate, which by design gives more influence to smaller states than the House. Had the effort started there, it would have been dead on arrival.

No, again, you're mistaken.

In the House, the people are given equal power and in the Senate each state is given equal power.

The problem with the EC is that it attempts to lump both groups together at the same time which means THE PEOPLE of larger states lose power.

In a democracy, it's simply a mistake to think that's right.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

In a democracy, it's simply a mistake to think that's right.

and were this country's government a democracy, we could all agree that you were correct.

Why does democracy scare you so much..... the US has been trying to export it around the world for how long now??????

I could pull out the tired old "bread and circuses" quote.

Or I could point out the oft pointed to figure that more than 50% of the households in the US don't pay income tax, and then refer to the tired old bread and circuses quote.

Instead, I'll say that democracy doesn't "scare me" as you assume (remember the benny hill quote) but I don't think that a pure democracy is the best system.
--
Rob

Or I could point out the oft pointed to figure that more than 50% of the households in the US don't pay income tax, and then refer to the tired old bread and circuses quote.

Instead, I'll say that democracy doesn't "scare me" as you assume (remember the benny hill quote) but I don't think that a pure democracy is the best system.

So you think the current system of voting all the bread to the biggest circus owners with a hope of a little haqndout is much better..

What was that deficit again from 1981 onward???

I just googled Santorum........
I now need to go wash my eyes.
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

The only thing that falls from the sky is birdshit and fools!

we're discussing the system of electing the PotUS, not the actions of their administrations.

you may equate the two if you wish, but I don't see the correlation.
--
Rob

we're discussing the system of electing the PotUS, not the actions of their administrations.

you may equate the two if you wish, but I don't see the correlation.

And that right there has been the problem of those who repeatedly voted for dumb asses in hopes of getting their little trickle!!!!

So you think the current system of voting all the bread to the biggest circus owners with a hope of a little haqndout is much better..

Do you prefer Senators to be elected popularly, or by state legislatures as they were prior to the Constitutional Amendment?

Do you prefer Senators to be elected popularly, or by state legislatures as they were prior to the Constitutional Amendment?

Do you prefer living in the past.. if so.. how much? People keep claiming we are a christian country too. So do you really want to live under a system of laws as found in the time of Christ.. of would you prefer the laws of Leviticus that STILL have so many peoples heads muddled.

Believe it or not.. things have changed since 1000 BCE or 30 AD and even since 1789 when the original and rather flawed constitution went into effect.

Why did the Founders do it that way to begin?

Why was it changed?

That's fine if things need to change... that's what the amendment process is for, and it was used properly. It was Legal. I'm not saying anything of that nature.

But why do you feel it was changed?

And J, you know very well, I have said before, we are not a christian nation.

Why did the Founders do it that way to begin?

Why was it changed?

That's fine if things need to change... that's what the amendment process is for, and it was used properly. It was Legal. I'm not saying anything of that nature.

But why do you feel it was changed?

And J, you know very well, I have said before, we are not a christian nation.

I guess you did not get the proper talking points from ALL of the current crop of rePUBIClown politicians and most of the religious WRONG who vote for them. They certainly believe we are.. and wish to make it more so with moralistic drivel in EVERY election cycle I can remember.

Mmm... I don't totally disagree with that.

Fuckabee makes me sick...

But God is important within our Republic... there is a "religion of America."
If y'all think I'm bluffing... Good.

But that's later, please, lets not go there... here.

Senators:

Why did the Founders not make them elected directly like the House? Did they just flip a coin?
Say, "Fuck it, lets mix it up?" Why???

Why did Mr. Wilson want to change that?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Xeehisrxw4

"But obviously, we've got to stand with our North Korean allies."

Can't wait for historians to revise history enough to make _that_ correct!

Some other gems:

"We used to hustle over the border for health care we received in Canada."

"All of 'em" - when asked to name a single paper she had read.

"But obviously, we've got to stand with our North Korean allies."

Can't wait for historians to revise history enough to make _that_ correct!

there's a difference between a verbal slip (said north instead of south) and an outright wild story. People slip all the time - Obama has his own collection.

John's link was interesting. Though towards the end it says:
McConville said he also is not convinced that Palin’s remarks reflect scholarship.

“I would call her lucky in her comments,” McConville said.

there's a difference between a verbal slip (said north instead of south) and an outright wild story. People slip all the time - Obama has his own collection.

Correct. Just because someone makes verbal slips of the tongue now and then does not make them stupid. And people in the public spotlight all the time will be caught in the act more than everyone else.

Otherwise, use the same standard for everyone. If Palin is stupid for hers, then Obama is also stupid for his.

Correct. Just because someone makes verbal slips of the tongue now and then does not make them stupid. And people in the public spotlight all the time will be caught in the act more than everyone else.

Otherwise, use the same standard for everyone. If Palin is stupid for hers, then Obama is also stupid for his.

Why is it that yall keep votin for people like her and W... who really do end up lookin like idiots on a daily basis?

Why is it that yall keep votin for people like her and W... who really do end up lookin like idiots on a daily basis?

Neither of those has received a vote in a long while. I think most of the 2008 votes were voting for McCain and the GOP rather than Palin.

Neither of those has received a vote in a long while. I think most of the 2008 votes were voting for McCain and the GOP rather than Palin.

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.. I got some low lying property along the Columbia River I would love to sell yall...