ryoder

May 21, 2011

What gets me is that the Bible actually says that no one but God knows the day and time of judgment day. Apparently these people know more than God...

I actually saw a guy out at a public event holding a big sign. Across the top of the sign was the whole "Almighty God will judge the earth on May 21, 2011" (or however they phrase it). Under that was the passage you reference, about how no one can know the day or time. :D:D:D I was driving by, but was tempted to stop, go back and ask the guy whether he understood the irony of his own sign. :S

A house near my place has a mini-van and a car painted with that whole May 21 motif. I almost wish I was going to be in town that weekend so I could take a photo with a newspaper on May 22 in front of their cars. B|
See the upside, and always wear your parachute! -- Christopher Titus

Shut Up & Jump!

There is a good-sized boogie that weekend in Georgia. It's gonna be real trippy to be doing a 16-way and all of a sudden 4 people dissappear in free-fall. :o:o:DB|:D:S:S:S:):):P:P:P

:D:D
It's highly unlikely that either of us will be missing from the formation.

I predict the end of the Earth will happen very soon after those pesky Martians figure out that all their UFOs are coming from us.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

http://judgementday2011.com/

SC is going to be pretty quiet w/o the believers quacks.[:/]

FIFY

Bit on the other hand, yeah, so true.
It'll take a while for the non-believers to figure out what other subject is gonna wad up their panties.
:P

If you happen to be under canopy just as the Rapture happens, could you just catch the updraft from all the Christians and get sucked up into heaven along with them?

If you can are you going to cut-away. :P
"That looks dangerous." Leopold Stotch

If you happen to be under canopy just as the Rapture happens, could you just catch the updraft from all the Christians and get sucked up into heaven along with them?

It's a great idea for a story; an atheist accidentally caught in the updraft.

OK, so lets say that happened; what happens next?

What does St. Peter do? Does he try to cover up his mistake? Is it a mistake? After all, God is infallible and he allowed it to happen, but now there's this swearing, drinking, half crazed lunatic of a skydiver in heaven with all the "righteous" people.

They can't send him back can they?

I mean, wouldn't that be an admission that you CAN get to heaven without accepting Jesus as your savior?

Aren't they stuck in a logic loop?
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

Also, what type of food & drinks are normally served on Judgement Day?

Deviled eggs and angel food cake.

I have it on high authority, don't sweat 21 May 11.

You should be ready to meet the Lord every day. But, well you know....
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

What does St. Peter do? Does he try to cover up his mistake? Is it a mistake? After all, God is infallible and he allowed it to happen, but now there's this swearing, drinking, half crazed lunatic of a skydiver in heaven with all the "righteous" people.

I mean, wouldn't that be an admission that you CAN get to heaven without accepting Jesus as your savior?

No, you are. Your "story" is based on your false assumptions.

No, you are. Your "story" is based on your false assumptions.

Yes, but understand I recognize mine is fiction.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

More interested in the pseudo scientist who predicted a major earthquake for Rome today.

It shut down a fair bit of Rome. Turns out he was off by a bit, since it happened across the pond in Spain.

He was also somewhat correct (by 2 days) on a prediction of an earthquake in 1923.

it is considered impossible to scientifically predict the occurance of an earthquake.

Raffaele Bendandi dies in 1973.

(Rome did have a fair bit of seismic activity today, which is unusual for Rome)

Predicting the end of the world is nothing new. People have been doing it throughout history. It's where the 7th Day Adventists originated (e.g. William Miller, Millerism, "The Great Disappointment", etc.) You can know a false prophet if, what he says will happen does not happen(Deuteronomy 18:22) That standard can also be applied to The Watchtower Society (their prophet) of the Jehavah's Witnesses. Lots of cults have sprung out of folks centering their theology solely on eschatology.

Predicting the end of the world is nothing new. People have been doing it throughout history. It's where the 7th Day Adventists originated

Interestingly enough, that happens to be the religion of the most notorious "prophet" in S.C...I'm sure most people know who I'm talking about.
Your secrets are the true reflection of who you really are...

Ever Generation starting with Jesus thought that Jesus would return during their life time. That must be close to 75 generations who have been wrong.(And counting)

I find it funny that Christians have always claimed that when John wrote Revelations, he was writing it for their own generation, what egotist. John wrote Revelations for his own generation, and he was referring to Rome and Nero, nothing more and nothing less.

Ever Generation starting with Jesus thought that Jesus would return during their life time. That must be close to 75 generations who have been wrong.(And counting)

I find it funny that Christians have always claimed that when John wrote Revelations, he was writing it for their own generation, what egotist. John wrote Revelations for his own generation, and he was referring to Rome and Nero, nothing more and nothing less.

Matthew 24:34

"This cannot refer to the generation living at that time of Christ, for "all these things" - the abomination of desolation (v. 15), the persecutions,and judgments (vv. 17-22), the false prophets (vv. 23-26), the signs in the heavens (vv. 27-29), Christ's final return (v. 30), and the gathering of the elect (v. 31) - did not "take place" in their lifetime. It seems best to interpret Christ's words as a reference to the generation alive at the time when those final hard labor pains begin. This would fit with the lesson of the fig tree, which stresses the short span of time in which these things will occur." - John MacArthur

Matthew 24:34

"This cannot refer to the generation living at that time of Christ, for "all these things" - the abomination of desolation (v. 15), the persecutions,and judgments (vv. 17-22), the false prophets (vv. 23-26), the signs in the heavens (vv. 27-29), Christ's final return (v. 30), and the gathering of the elect (v. 31) - did not "take place" in their lifetime. It seems best to interpret Christ's words as a reference to the generation alive at the time when those final hard labor pains begin. This would fit with the lesson of the fig tree, which stresses the short span of time in which these things will occur." - John MacArthur

The followers of Jesus very much expected to have Jesus return and set things right very soon after his death. AS time when by and they realized he was not coming back right away they changed what they believed. The Gospel of John touches on this .

Matthew 16:28 I tell you the truth, some who are standing here will not taste death before they see the Son of Man coming in his kingdom."

Mark 9:1 And he said to them, "I tell you the truth, some who are standing here will not taste death before they see the kingdom of God come with power."

Matthew 10:23 When you are persecuted in one place, flee to another. I tell you the truth, you will not finish going through the cities of Israel before the Son of Man comes.

I can't WAIT. When all the loonies suddenly levitate up into the sky or just vanish, all their gear is MINE.

I do wonder though... for all those who believe they will suddenly float up into the sky with jesus, what do they think is going to happen as they get some serious altitude? (imagines hordes of believers struggling choking and blacking out from hypoxia as jesus drags them all through 50,000 feet and climbing)

Tellya what, its gonna be raining jewelry shoes and shirt buttons for awhile after. Unless jesus remembers to put up cute little bubble forcefields around each believer. And I hope he remembers some kind of gas management mechanism too, or all those believers will asphyxiate in their cute little bubbles right about the time they enter low earth orbit...
-B
Live and learn... or die, and teach by example.

The followers of Jesus very much expected to have Jesus return and set things right very soon after his death. AS time when by and they realized he was not coming back right away they changed what they believed. The Gospel of John touches on this .

what are you talking about? Did you even bother to read chapter 20 and 21?

Matthew 16:28 I tell you the truth, some who are standing here will not taste death before they see the Son of Man coming in his kingdom."

Mark 9:1 And he said to them, "I tell you the truth, some who are standing here will not taste death before they see the kingdom of God come with power."

Everytime you bring this up, someone tells you that if you just keep reading the next verses, you'll see that this is referring to the transfiguration.

One would expect you to give a response to the answer given before bringing the same crap up over and over again ad naseum...
Your secrets are the true reflection of who you really are...