ryoder

May 21, 2011

No one can predict the end.

I predict the world will end some time in the future. I am so certain that I am right, I should start a religion around this.
"...And once you're gone, you can't come back
When you're out of the blue and into the black."
Neil Young

Ya, just as laughable as the idea that maybe in 100 billion years a broom will just mystically pop out of thin air and my chaotic dirty room will magically organize and clean itself for absolutely no reason whatsoever...

Well, my fantasies usually involve Scarlett Johansson, but...whatever trips your trigger.;)
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Ya, just as laughable as the idea that maybe in 100 billion years a broom will just mystically pop out of thin air and my chaotic dirty room will magically organize and clean itself for absolutely no reason whatsoever...

Well, consider that the sun is but a yellow dwarf star (the only star in our solar system), it does have a life cycle. Our star has been around for roughly 5 billion years and will last for another 5 to 7 billion years. The life cycle of a yellow dwarf is roughly 10 billion years.
100 billion years? Not going to happen. You should consider cleaning your own room.
Neil Young

Science has shown Solar Flares around that time or a little sooner, that could knock out the power supply and communications for awhile.

Of course, solar flares happen every day and this is a possibility -- EVERY DAY.

On Dec 21, 2012, we " will " pass thru the plain of the Milkyway.

No. We won't.

Will this reverse the poles ?

No.

They have reversed in the past, according to science. ( See Magnetite ).

But not for the reason you've stated.

Will life end on Earth and then start again.....who knows.

I do. It won't.

I'm sorry I took so long to get back to you. Here are a couple pages on the subject by someone smarter than I am. Please take the time to read thru both pages fully. You need to click on "continue" at the bottom of the first page to get to the second page. I'm not one to say the world is ending, and never did. This is one of thousand of people who know more on the subject than "us".

http://viewzone2.com/endtimex.html

Life is short ... jump often.

I did a search on Gillespie. He was a retired NASA engineer. Seems this theory has been put out about 5 years ago. Gillespie has since died.

I'll counter with this, put out by NASA.
http://www.nasa.gov/topics/earth/features/2012.html
Neil Young

The followers of Jesus very much expected to have Jesus return and set things right very soon after his death. AS time when by and they realized he was not coming back right away they changed what they believed. The Gospel of John touches on this .

what are you talking about? Did you even bother to read chapter 20 and 21?

Matthew 16:28 I tell you the truth, some who are standing here will not taste death before they see the Son of Man coming in his kingdom."

Mark 9:1 And he said to them, "I tell you the truth, some who are standing here will not taste death before they see the kingdom of God come with power."

Everytime you bring this up, someone tells you that if you just keep reading the next verses, you'll see that this is referring to the transfiguration.

One would expect you to give a response to the answer given before bringing the same crap up over and over again ad naseum...

It seems your understanding of early Christianity is limited. Jesus had the same philosophy as early Jewish apocalypticist, as did his followers. After the crucifixion, his believers expected his return any day.The more time that went by and then when some believers were starting to die, others ask Paul what would happen to Christians who died before the second coming. His response:

1 Thessalonians 4:13

Brothers and sisters, we do not want you to be uninformed about those who sleep in death, so that you do not grieve like the rest of mankind, who have no hope. 14 For we believe that Jesus died and rose again, and so we believe that God will bring with Jesus those who have fallen asleep in him. 15 According to the Lord’s word, we tell you that we who are still alive, who are left until the coming of the Lord, will certainly not precede those who have fallen asleep. 16 For the Lord himself will come down from heaven, with a loud command, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet call of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first. 17 After that, we who are still alive and are left will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so we will be with the Lord forever. 18 Therefore encourage one another with these words.

Paul clearly expected that most Christians of his time would be alive when Christ returned. Paul clearly says " We who are still alive and are left"

John, being the last gospel written, well after the deaths of the vast majority of possible witnesses to Christ. Christians had pretty much given up hope and stopped speaking of the immediate return of Christ, unlike the synoptic Gospels where he was expected any day. John speaks of those believing in Christ and being rewarded with life after death.

I'm sorry I took so long to get back to you. Here are a couple pages on the subject by someone smarter than I am. Please take the time to read thru both pages fully. You need to click on "continue" at the bottom of the first page to get to the second page. I'm not one to say the world is ending, and never did. This is one of thousand of people who know more on the subject than "us".

http://viewzone2.com/endtimex.html

I'll admit they know possibly know more than you.

That said, they do not demonstrate any superior knowledge of the end of the world than the average nut case.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

Well, my fantasies usually involve Scarlett Johansson, but...whatever trips your trigger.;)

What in the FUCK are you doing trying to encroach on MY fantasy??????
>:(

Well, screw it...I'll just change channels over to the U of FLA Tri-Delta girls.
:P
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

100 billion years? Not going to happen. You should consider cleaning your own room.

Excuse me, I guess my sarcasm wasn't thick enough for you...It should've read something like 1000 ba zillion Gillion years...I needed to make sure there was enough time for non-exsistent particles to morph into a broom.:P
Your secrets are the true reflection of who you really are...

I'm not one to say the world is ending, and never did.

So? You're still spouting a bunch of made up nonsense.

This is one of thousand of people who know more on the subject than "us".

No, he doesn't know more about the subject. He's just made more stuff up, because he knows that mopes like you will take him at his word and not bother to check out* a single 'fact' that he writes.

(* Cross referencing with other conspiracy nuts does not count.)
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

Who cares what this guy "knows?"

The scipture clearly states that nobody knows.

Furthermore, I believe I can apply the following scripture to any similar non-sense:

Matthew 24:26-27:
“So if anyone tells you, ‘There he is, out in the wilderness,’ do not go out; or, ‘Here he is, in the inner rooms,’ do not believe it. For as lightning that comes from the east is visible even in the west, so will be the coming of the Son of Man.

The bottom line is that when it happens, then we'll know. No reason to get more crazy then we have to be.:D

Who cares what this guy "knows?"

The scipture clearly states that nobody knows.

Furthermore, I believe I can apply the following scripture to any similar non-sense:

Matthew 24:26-27:
“So if anyone tells you, ‘There he is, out in the wilderness,’ do not go out; or, ‘Here he is, in the inner rooms,’ do not believe it. For as lightning that comes from the east is visible even in the west, so will be the coming of the Son of Man.

The bottom line is that when it happens, then we'll know. No reason to get more crazy then we have to be.:D
Could you please quote the scripture where in states that nobody knows that the solar system will line up in the galaxy, which "may" increase the potential for more powerful than normal solar flares, which could knock out our communications and powers supplies ? That was what the article talked about, but instead of reading it, you just assumed you knew what it said. It doesn't talk about the world ending, but you are so ready to defend you thoughts, you didn't even read it, did you ? If you did you would know it had nothing to do with the world ending.
Life is short ... jump often.

Excuse me, I guess my sarcasm wasn't thick enough for you...It should've read something like 1000 ba zillion Gillion years...I needed to make sure there was enough time for non-exsistent particles to morph into a broom.:P

I didn't take your post to be serious. But, 1000 ba zillion gillion years does make sense. Give or take a few trillion years.:P
Neil Young

It seems your understanding of early Christianity is limited.

It seems your understanding of early Christianity is imaginary...

So it's your belief, that Christians in the first 75 years after Jesus was crucified was that they were not expecting the immediate return of Jesus during their own lifetime? That the synoptic Gospels and the writings of Paul say nothing about the immediate return of Jesus to judge the world?

I guess in your view, it makes more sense that the bible was written for someone living 2000 years in the future and not written for the writers contemporaries.

Could you please quote the scripture where in states that nobody knows that the solar system will line up in the galaxy,

How about you quote any reputable source that can back up any of the 'science' contained in that article?
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

So it's your belief, that Christians in the first 75 years after Jesus was crucified was that they were not expecting the immediate return of Jesus during their own lifetime? That the synoptic Gospels and the writings of Paul say nothing about the immediate return of Jesus to judge the world?

I told you a billion times what I believe w/r/t this issue.

Do you understand the implications of not knowing when something is going to happen?

If you happen to be under canopy just as the Rapture happens, could you just catch the updraft from all the Christians and get sucked up into heaven along with them?

If you can are you going to cut-away. :P

It's too bad no one planned a Judgement Day/Rapture theme boogie.

It's a great idea for a story; an atheist accidentally caught in the updraft.

OK, so lets say that happened; what happens next?

What does St. Peter do? Does he try to cover up his mistake? Is it a mistake? After all, God is infallible and he allowed it to happen, but now there's this swearing, drinking, half crazed lunatic of a skydiver in heaven with all the "righteous" people.

They can't send him back can they?

I mean, wouldn't that be an admission that you CAN get to heaven without accepting Jesus as your savior?

Aren't they stuck in a logic loop?

Speed Racer
--------------------------------------------------