wayneflorida

High School Wrestler Forfeits Match Against a Girl, In Iowa State Tournament on Principle

Well ESPN does not agree with you
They had nothing but compliments for this kid and his integrity

He did the same thing once last year

I respect someone who can stand up to self righteous insulters like seen here already

Kid has got guts

But hey, at least you feel better huh:S
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

See, I think he's a good kid that holds to his standards even when it's not convenient. maybe not what I would have done, but good for him.

There was a good piece in the Sioux City Journal (or Gazette, I never can remember) this morning
The kid had nothing but compliments for the girl

They related another story about another kid who is going to wrestle a girl who I believe he said beat him a couple of years ago.

He said she was ripped and he was looking forward to the match

As for the judgmental ones, well, they can be seen for who and what they are
[:/]
Abraham Lincoln

it is a lose, lose and lose situation
if you win against a girl. well everyone will stone you
if you lose against a girl, that is just horrible.

it is kinda hard to beat women up without drinking alchohol first,, you know :D:D:D:D

Bernie Sanders for President 2016

it is kinda hard to beat women up without drinking alchohol first,, you know :D:D:D:D

Iowa . . . Corn . . . all kinds of time on their hands = Moonshine.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Iowa . . . Corn . . . all kinds of time on their hands = Moonshine.

Ah yes

http://www.templetoniowa.com/story_of_templeton_rye.htm

Templeton Iowa

Just make legal a few years ago

Really good stuffB|
Abraham Lincoln

I probably would have wrestled her. I've fought women plenty of times in martial arts. Some of them were incredible martial artists.

What the boy did was much more laudable than anything else he could have done. It took much more courage to stand up to the criticism he will encounter than to wrestle her. Even if he lost, I'm sure the girl has beaten other guys. The ribbing would have been relatively minor. The way he went, he is getting lots more negative attention. He accepted that and stuck to his guns. Good on him.
I know it just wouldnt be right to kill all the stupid people that we meet..

But do you think it would be appropriate to just remove all of the warning labels and let nature take its course.

Under that logic there'd be no football allowed.

Football is manadory to be co-ed?

Why can't they just have a womens wrestling?

This rings just like the girls wanting to be Boy Scouts.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama

He did the right thing. Tell that " woman" to go learn to bake a good apple pie.

I'm the best cook and home-baker in my family of 3 women plus me. I love apple pie, and I bake a great one. Alas, I now bake it for others, as it's no longer on my heart-healthy diet (see? you and I are soul-mates now). Fortunately, both my kids look like my side of the family - so much for concerns that I'm a "man".

Feel well, brother.

Wow, talk about a catch 22!

If he doesn't wrestler her, he's a pussy and just using his beliefs as an excuse.

If he does wrestler her, he's an asshole.

If he beats her, he's a really big asshole.

If he loses.....well, you could imagine the stigma.

Smart kid though...he made a wise choice.
Your secrets are the true reflection of who you really are...

Wow, talk about a catch 22!

If he doesn't wrestler her, he's a pussy and just using his beliefs as an excuse.

If he does wrestler her, he's an asshole.

If he beats her, he's a really big asshole.

If he loses.....well, you could imagine the stigma.

Smart kid though...he made a wise choice.

HAHAHA -

Literaly a "No Win" situation.

But at least she gets a closer bid toward state in a men's wrestling. that has to help her sef esteem tremendously.

of course he lost his bid, or at the very least, decreased his chances tremendously, because of the situation that someone else put him in. That is fair, right?

What makes it more amazing is the guy was 3rd place finisher last year. The chances of him losing to this girl were very small. After winning by default, she was pinned in her next two matches. Getting pinned at a state tournament is unusual. Getting pinned twice is unheard of.
For the same reason I jump off a perfectly good diving board.

I don't blame the kid (guy), because he's still young enough (read: unexposed to the rest of the world) to not realize that he's been indoctrinated into believing that The Flying Spaghetti Monster disapproves of his wrestling a girl. But I do feel sorry for him for his brainwashing.

He was homeschooled. What you call brainwashing others might call parental involvement.

He lost his second match in the losers bracket in overtime so the best he can do is 7th place. He probably learned more by sticking to his principles (however misguided they might be considered) than winning the tournament.

As far as bringing in the FSM with all his noodly appendages, putting women on a pedestal and not rolling around on the floor with them is one of the least offensive religous beliefs I can think of. The kid will probably be alright.
For the same reason I jump off a perfectly good diving board.

He did the right thing. Tell that " woman" to go learn to bake a good apple pie.

Yeah, the beatings should wait until after she bakes it wrong.

Absolutely not. He should have slammed her to the mat and beat her right there in front of everyone. Is that better fo you?

I don't blame the kid (guy), because he's still young enough (read: unexposed to the rest of the world) to not realize that he's been indoctrinated into believing that The Flying Spaghetti Monster disapproves of his wrestling a girl. But I do feel sorry for him for his brainwashing.

Wrong, it's a matter of conscience.

he could not in good conscience wrestle with a girl

There are many things that are not wrong unless you personally feel they are wrong.

Scripture suggests that you don't violate your conscience. The conscience is a defense mechanism and searing it could ultimately render it useless causing you to be given over to a reprobate mind.
Your secrets are the true reflection of who you really are...

I'm the best cook and home-baker in my family of 3 women plus me.

I am best at sewing in my family, which had 3 women until my wife died. I like making pastry too, it's great for cleaning the hands after I've been working on the car.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.