banesanura

Zombie Response Team

'd have to fuck with an m4 and clips next to the bed.

A M1 or a M4? A M1 uses "clips" a M4 uses "magazines." There is a difference and people laugh at you when you get it wrong.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Preps for the zombies are already underway...
And B/C of my location AKs are weapon of choice. B|

Of course, weapons and ammo are just one of the things to consider. There are water, fuel, meds, food, bunker...

...Twinkies! :ph34r:

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

Of course, weapons and ammo are just one of the things to consider. There are water, fuel, meds, food, bunker...

Just get a copy of this, it tells you all you need to know.;)
What you say is reflective of your knowledge...HOW ya say it is reflective of your experience. Airtwardo

Someone's going to be spanked! Hopefully, it will be me. Skymama

Now, how could I fergit `bout that :D

(* we don`t have those here though, but I`ll stockpile some other vice)
dudeist skydiver #42

Now, how could I fergit `bout that :D

(* we don`t have those here though, but I`ll stockpile some other vice)

Twinkies aren't a vice. They are high in calories, tasty (well, if you like the taste), and easy to store.
They will last for years without any special treatment.

They make great survival food. ;)
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

BTW, I've got the M1, for when you absolutely care to send the very best. :)

Ah, but while we're nit-picking terminology, you have to be more specific with the term "M1". Because that could represent either an M1 Garand which shoots .30-06 from clips, or an M1 Carbine which shoots .30 Carbine from magazines.

The Garand .30-06 has more zombie knock-down power, but the clips only hold 8 rounds. The Carbine shoots a weak cartridge, but comes with up to 30-round magazines. Of the two, I don't know which I'd prefer for a horde of zombies...

Ah, but while we're nit-picking terminology, you have to be more specific with the term "M1". Because that could represent either an M1 Garand which shoots .30-06 from clips, or an M1 Carbine which shoots .30 Carbine from magazines.

The Garand .30-06 has more zombie knock-down power, but the clips only hold 8 rounds. The Carbine shoots a weak cartridge, but comes with up to 30-round magazines. Of the two, I don't know which I'd prefer for a horde of zombies...

Or an M1 SMG (Thompson) or an M1 Abrahms tank (that would be really handy against the zombies :P)

Or a BMW M1 which would get you away from the zombies really fast.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

-----------------------------------------------------------
John,

As I'm sure you know that the M-1 Carbine with its puny .30 caliber rounds...will still penetrate police grade 'bullet proof' vests. I know my father is in the local sherrifs department and every 5 years they get new kevlar vests and he took several of them home and we did some testing to see which various rounds will penetrate. The .30 cal did it quite easily.

I usually see the carbine referred to as the M1A1, but yes, it can be ambiguous. My earlier post to you mentioned having lots of "clips", so that was a good hint.;)

BTW, the carbines' prices are going through the roof. Wish I had bought a bunch "back when."[:/]

Hey John...

As mentioned in the previous post my dad runs the rifle range for the brazoria county sherrifs department. Before they recently went to the M16-A4 they had around 20 M-1 carbines. Since he was responsible for originally purchasing them he got 12 of them...gave one to my nephew, one to my other nephew, one to my brother and one to me. As it would turn out my nephew LOST his within 6 months and mine is still in my closet and hasnt been shot since I received it...(saving my ammo for when I get to shoot a person breaking into my house or...when shit goes south globally :P) anyway he still has 6 M-1 Carbines and he's tried to sell a few of them. Still think there are a few left over....let me know if you still want one.

With some of the improvements in powders and bullets the .30cal carbine cartridge actually is a better cartridge today by far.