tkhayes

Wikileaks nomination for Nobel....

I do support the second amendment, but i also recognize that the country has a GUN PROBLEM. There is a difference - too bad you cannot see that.

So, you can show where those nasty guns have leapt out of dresser drawers and off tables and rampaged down the streets, shooting all by themselves?

No? Then your argument that it is a GUN problem is invalid.

What we have is a CRIMINAL problem. There *is* a difference - too bad you cannot see that.

I also support the first amendment, but I have a problem with people that spout off rhetoric and call for the assassination of the President just because he is black.....

Cite, please.

I'm sure you'll join us in denigrating the people that called for the lynching of Justice Thomas at the Common Cause rally, but I don't think you're going to be able to blame that one on the Tea Party folks.

It is actually OK to point out things that are wrong with the Constitution as well BTW. It is far from the perfect doctrine - given that it has been amended so many times....

Probably time for a few updates

Best make sure you're willing to have your preferred "updates" be applied to all rights and not just the 2nd Amendment.
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

[Reply]I do support the second amendment, but i also recognize that the country has a GUN PROBLEM. There is a difference - too bad you cannot see that.

I also support the first amendment, but I have a problem with people that spout off rhetoric and call for the assassination of the President just because he is black.....
is there something wrong with that

Isn't that like saying that I'm against violence against women but I do understand that sometimes you just gotta show a bitch who is boss?

Or saying I'm pro 4th Amendment but I understand that security is too important to NOT conduct random searches?

Or saying that I'm all for giving freeing the slaves, but they just won't be able to handle it?

My wife is hotter than your wife.

In Reply To

Cite, please.

I'm sure you'll join us in denigrating the people that called for the lynching of Justice Thomas at the Common Cause rally, but I don't think you're going to be able to blame that one on the Tea Party folks.

Not a tea party thing at all, but words spoken by a few people I met a couple years ago around here. They have a right to say it, but I have a problem with it and it is also basically wrong.

BUT they have the right to say it....

Is Julian Assange another MLK? I doubt that but he is changing the world in some way. 20 years form now we will know more about his impact.

Yeah, and I'll be dead, because WikiLeaks and other websites (even Wikipedia) love to leak our survival tactics, airframe weaknesses, things that can be exploited against us, and more for all to see.

I think Assange is kind of like The Joker. He has the fire on almost every major country, and he definitely has some stuff to destabilize the world even further. All he needs is that goal. We could very well see ourselves in another great war over this stuff.

So please, somebody enlighten me how the leaking of classified information is not a danger to those of us forward deployed, and those of us back home?

For those of you who think he's a hero? Let's see how heroic you see him when your neck deep in another war, or one here IN the US.
Skydiving: You either learn from other's mistakes, or they'll learn from yours.

Is Julian Assange another MLK? I doubt that but he is changing the world in some way. 20 years form now we will know more about his impact.

Yeah, and I'll be dead, because WikiLeaks and other websites (even Wikipedia) love to leak our survival tactics, airframe weaknesses, things that can be exploited against us, and more for all to see.

I think Assange is kind of like The Joker. He has the fire on almost every major country, and he definitely has some stuff to destabilize the world even further. All he needs is that goal. We could very well see ourselves in another great war over this stuff.

So please, somebody enlighten me how the leaking of classified information is not a danger to those of us forward deployed, and those of us back home?

For those of you who think he's a hero? Let's see how heroic you see him when your neck deep in another war, or one here IN the US.

I think he is a pile of crap. In that we agree but
He is not the criminal
The ones who have access and give the files to him are.

That said his goals for doing so are what I question. A noble cause? Or just another dip shit looking for publicity

I say the later

Why?
Cause he is proving he dont give a shit about anything but him

In the end, what goes around comes around

Oh

And I thank for your sevice

Come home safe and healthy soon
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

This is all kind of like blaming Sangiro personally for anti-Skyride threads, or giving him credit for all the great stories that airtwardo posts :)
Wendy P.

There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

This is all kind of like blaming Sangiro personally for anti-Skyride threads, or giving him credit for all the great stories that airtwardo posts :)
Wendy P.

Thinking Julian Asange is a dick, while a valid opinion, is not the foundation of a valid argument against wikileaks. it is the easiest way to try and discredit the website, and the ideals the organisation tries to push, but it does not succede.

I do support the second amendment, but i also recognize that the country has a GUN PROBLEM. There is a difference - too bad you cannot see that.

is there something wrong with that?

It is actually OK to point out things that are wrong with the Constitution as well BTW. It is far from the perfect doctrine - given that it has been amended so many times....

Probably time for a few updates

Immigration is a much bigger problem than guns.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

i think its important to point out that wikileaks is not one man or anything close to it

I would imagine that there is some kind of triage process.
I would imagine that there are guidelines.

He doesn't just put anything/everything that nutball-maximus presets as a leak about alien contacts.
Otherwise, there would not be enough disk space in the world.

So, he does have editorial guidelines and control.

uh, 17 amendments over 220+ years doesn't seem like that many times. Two of those cancel each other out and actually tend to prove that it is better to avoid mindless amending. Others (14th, 19th) enforce the covenant of equality espoused in the original text, but distorted by blinders of the time.

Put it this way - do you know when the 27th Amendment was submitted? Or ratified?

The fact that it is so rarely altered, ignoring flag burner nuts or anti gay types, is testament to its virtue. Contrast it with the California Constitution, which should be written with pencil.

yes, but the fact that there have been that many amendments also proves my point. It ain't perfect.

Citizenship by birth needs to be changed....hence the immigration issue someone else pointed out as a bigger problem. But I also cannot comprehend all the fallout from such a change. Most Caribbean nations do not honour citizenship by birth. You have some rights, but you have to earn the rest of them.

The writers left out the part where we are 'supposedly a Christian nation' - imagine that. They were a pretty fucking smart bunch of guys for sure.....

But they most of all allowed free speech. And I am pretty sure they wanted the government to be held accountable to the people and not some secret shit behind closed doors.

Back to Julian Assange.......bravo! Even if he is not an 'American'

Yea, I was somewhat implying the same thing I think...as in the "it usually comes out anyway" comment. I guess those would typically be 'leaks' of some sort anyway.
I guess I'm just concerned of truly classified information getting out - I see that as a risk to national security. Maybe it's a fine line sometimes.

Do you mean correctly classified?

By the way (and this isn't necessarily directed at you normiss) I'd recommend some people here actually read E.O. 13526 if you're not familiar with how classification works. It's long, but at least take a look at sections 1.1, 1.7, and 1.8.

Other than that I don't have much to add beyond what I've already written on the matter.

Yea, I was somewhat implying the same thing I think...as in the "it usually comes out anyway" comment. I guess those would typically be 'leaks' of some sort anyway.
I guess I'm just concerned of truly classified information getting out - I see that as a risk to national security. Maybe it's a fine line sometimes.

Do you mean correctly classified?

By the way (and this isn't necessarily directed at you normiss) I'd recommend some people here actually read E.O. 13526 if you're not familiar with how classification works. It's long, but at least take a look at sections 1.1, 1.7, and 1.8.

Other than that I don't have much to add beyond what I've already written on the matter.

The only thing that truly concerns me is diplomatic correspondence.
Most countries consider diplomatic communications
to be a special class.

If diplomatic text/emails/notes are made public, then
it impacts what can actually be done.

Sure, they can publish those notes, but then it cuts down
on communication. Then, events that could increase
trade, or stop wars, may be carried on in a different manner.
If Wikileaks publishes items that create problems for diplomacy, then it is not harmless.

You do get bent out of shape for fuck all reason - don't ya:P

I get bent out of shape when some piss-ant asshole helps make public thousands of private communications by my government.

It's got fuck all to do with you constitution, Assange, is an Australian so can't be a traitor to yanks-ville-usa.

Maybe you should go back and use your fucking eyes to actually read what i wrote. I never said he was a citizen of the uS or even that he should be charged with treason. I know he isn't an American and thank God for that. You and your mates can have the pos.

Does he deserve a prize? No.

Well, at least we agree on that.

Has he put a big string stick into a hornets nest? - yes

Is it a good thing? probably not.

Is it funny? - Oh fuck yes, especially when I read comments like yours.

Hmmm, doesn't take much to amuse you, does it?
HAMMER:
Originally employed as a weapon of war, the hammer nowadays is used as a
kind of divining rod to locate the most expensive parts adjacent the
object we are trying to hit.

60 Minutes interview

I've decided I like him even less now.

Thoughts and observations from the interview:

1. He is one smart arrogant phuk.
2. If Holder and Clinton go after him there is a good chance he will be prosecuted in the U.S.
3. Is is possible to use him for disinformation and/or as a source to hunt down U.S. traitors?
4. He opens old wounds in my soul from Jane Fonda and Walter Cronkite.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

one of the easiest ways to find informants/leaks is to look
at the information that they had, and when they had it.

without doing research, i suspect that is how they found
the person in the US army who leaked it.

if someone gives information to US intelligence services
and the information is leaked to wiki, then opposing intelligence
teams will isolate the leak in the same way.

lack of security will cause sources to think twice before
supplying information to the US intelligence community.
such information may include planned attacks on the
US military or civilian population.
this has increased danger to the Americans both abroad and at home.

one of the easiest ways to find informants/leaks is to look
at the information that they had, and when they had it.

without doing research, i suspect that is how they found
the person in the US army who leaked it.

if someone gives information to US intelligence services
and the information is leaked to wiki, then opposing intelligence
teams will isolate the leak in the same way.

lack of security will cause sources to think twice before
supplying information to the US intelligence community.
such information may include planned attacks on the
US military or civilian population.
this has increased danger to the Americans both abroad and at home.

This is what bothers me about members of our community supporting behavior from such individuals.

As I stated in another post, back in the day, sport parachutists used to be super patriots.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

I think what bothers me most about the whole situation are two things. One, that Assange put all that information out into the public domain without reviewing it. He neither knew nor cared what it contained or the ramifications of his actions. Second, that there are people who actually support that careless and reckless behavior.
I'm not opposed to illegal activity on part of a government being exposed. But I am very much opposed to confidential information on perfectly legal operations being made public when nothing good and only bad can come from it's release.
HAMMER:
Originally employed as a weapon of war, the hammer nowadays is used as a
kind of divining rod to locate the most expensive parts adjacent the
object we are trying to hit.