jclalor

Christians to protest at child's funeral

Because rights aren't there to help the popular. They are there for the assholes of the world. I don't like the thought that unpopular viewpoints can be ceased by a government. They've got a right to say it, so we let them. We don't like what they say, but they can say it.

It will not be the nicest when Fred Phelps takes a dirt nap and I will publically air that God must have killed Fred Phelps because he was a fag. But I'm sure the Westboro baptists will defend my right to do that.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

Because rights aren't there to help the popular. They are there for the assholes of the world. I don't like the thought that unpopular viewpoints can be ceased by a government. They've got a right to say it, so we let them. We don't like what they say, but they can say it.

It will not be the nicest when Fred Phelps takes a dirt nap and I will publically air that God must have killed Fred Phelps because he was a fag. But I'm sure the Westboro baptists will defend my right to do that.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Why doesnt some 'nutjob' just fucking firebomb these assholes instead of some innocent people that didnt deserve it like the people from arizona.

below is just funny

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8cN2pB3MCE

I quit identifying with Christians years ago. I got tired of seeing their hateful protests at abortion centers. Pictures of dead babies didn't seem right to me. I got tired of being cut off or flipped of on the road and seeing their bumper sticker inviting me to follow them to church. I got tired of having them try to shove their views down my throat.

Protesting a funeral is not shameful to anyone associated with the funeral. It is shameful to those who do not respect others enough to give them a peaceful moment of grief.
I know it just wouldnt be right to kill all the stupid people that we meet..

But do you think it would be appropriate to just remove all of the warning labels and let nature take its course.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Why doesnt some 'nutjob' just fucking firebomb these assholes instead of some innocent people that didnt deserve it like the people from arizona.

below is just funny

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8cN2pB3MCE

As much as I would enjoy that, That is thier Goal, They are NOT Christians, they are All Lawyers...They want to sue the US for not protecting them, they have tried a few times already,and failed, but trust me, they are hoping one of them gets killed, then they are going after the US Government, they could care less about Jesus! IMO

It's against the law to yell "fire" in a crowded theater, and it should be against the law to use unrelated funerals to make political protests. There are exceptions for lots of freedoms, and I'm okay with carving out another exception to preserve the peace and dignity of funerals. Those Westboro bastards still have plenty of other places they can practice free speech.

It's against the law to yell fire in an enclosed theater or club because people get trampled to death in the ensuing panic. Sorry, that doesn't apply to a cemetery. These fucks just stand there, daring the others to escalate it to a violent situation.

would I shed a single tear if another nut with a gun mowed down his entire flock at the funeral? Probably not. But since it's difficult to set the line between Westboro or Nazis and having no freedom of assembly at all, we suffer the presence of these people.

I think the ComicCon folks may have had the right answer in how to deal with them.
http://www.google.com/images?hl=en&client=firefox-a&hs=oX6&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&q=westboro+comic+con&um=1&ie=UTF-8&source=univ&ei=cvctTY2CIpKWsgOs-NHQBg&sa=X&oi=image_result_group&ct=title&resnum=4&ved=0CDIQsAQwAw&biw=1171&bih=666

They shouldn't be ceased by the government, but they shouldn't be protected either.

Freedom of speech means you can say what you think without government retribution. It does not and should not apply to private citizens and/or companies.
Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

Freedom of speech means you can say what you think without government retribution. It does not and should not apply to private citizens and/or companies.

yes. You can fire people who are part of it, or contributed to Prop 8. There are many punishments you can dole out. But you don't get to beat them up - that's called assault,battery.

They shouldn't be ceased by the government, but they shouldn't be protected either.

They should be protected in exactly the same way anyone else should be protected.

If the government says "I'm not going to stop you, but if anyone else decides to beat the crap outta ya I'll be looking the other way" that's not true freedom of speech either.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

They should be protected in exactly the same way anyone else should be protected.

If the government says "I'm not going to stop you, but if anyone else decides to beat the crap outta ya I'll be looking the other way" that's not true freedom of speech either.

Please , show me where WBC has not been protected by Police! EVER....

I'm not saying the police should look the other way if something happens, but they should take strictly a reactionary position.

Ex. WB or similar protester is assaulted in some way. The police should then intervene after the fact to identify who did it and charge them with whatever crime they committed.

If these or other protestors are assaulted, they of course should be allowed due process, but protecting them proactively only leads to this sort of behavior.

yes. You can fire people who are part of it, or contributed to Prop 8. There are many punishments you can dole out. But you don't get to beat them up - that's called assault,battery.

Correction. You don't get to beat them up without consequence. ;)

Correction. You don't get to beat them up without consequence. ;)

It may be worth it.

It may be worth it.

years in prison?

Sitting hear now it is easy for me to say no, I wouldn’t want to go to prison for it. I can’t say that logic would prevail when confronted with their behavior. I’ve been known to make some stupid choices. Maybe a judge and jury would cut me some slack. Probably not.

I quit identifying with Christians years ago. I got tired of seeing their hateful protests at abortion centers. Pictures of dead babies didn't seem right to me. I got tired of being cut off or flipped of on the road and seeing their bumper sticker inviting me to follow them to church. I got tired of having them try to shove their views down my throat.

With all due respect sir, I'm having a little trouble buying your story.

It reminds me of a bad student/independant film where the director/editor failed to establish the propper rapport between the main characters and the audience.

First...In your plot, the world seems to be over populated with speed demon christians that bombard the roadways cutting everybody off and flipping them the bird and flashing pictures of bloody fetuses. It is so overbearing that it causes the main character to grow so exasperated and weary that it leads him to abandon his faith.

Second...Your character sounds like he doesn't want to identify with christianity because it is all about dead babies and giving people the finger as they try to brainwash you while confined in a straight jacket.

The third reason I'm not buying the story is that it almost seems analogous to saying "I quit identifying with being a good person because there was this one guy who said he was a good person, but one day he got really ticked off at somebody and told them to piss off!"

But see...I don't think that's who our audience wants. I think they want a man who is solid in his convictions...who is steadfast and stands firm. They don't want somebody that's so easily swayed by a couple nutjobs as to negate his whole belief system....However, I think I'm starting to divert a little too much from the essence of the character you oringinally proposed.

So here is my professional opinion. I think it would be a more believable plot if the main character altogether just didn't identify with christianity. He simply just doesn't believe. But rather than being comfortably confident in that mind set, there is a struggle deep within the receses of his mind. There is something naggin him...a vexation that is causing him to become more and more uneasy about his disbelief...and he hates it...he wants it gone! So instead of reconciling this concern with the postive aspects of christianity, he dwells on any and every negative aspect that can be even remotely associated with christianity so that he can simply feel better about his disbelief.

...Now this is your film, this is your baby. I'm simply a consaultant that's been in this business for 15 years...but if you like what we have to say and would like to see our ideas of your masterpiece come alive on the silver screen, we have a very large network of some very talented directors and production staff that can have this rolling out on the red carpet this time next year.

Just make the check payable to Dr. Coreece at Divine interceptation media consultation and I'll have Andy and Lawrocket take care of the rest.

Regards...

(btw, I'm not trying to be a smart ass...I'm just projecting my boredom with being an editor. I think I want to get back into the pre-production aspect of the entertainment business...you know, the big collaboration meetings and brainstorming sessions...just making shit happen. Hopefully my point didn't get too diluted and that you found it a tad entertaining?)

:D
Your secrets are the true reflection of who you really are...

This:

And this:

And I, too, can't wait for Fred Phelps to die. Because the church will almost certainly die when he does.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Please , show me where WBC has not been protected by Police! EVER....

Eh? I'm quite sure they have always been protected.

I just hope, for your sake, that nobody SHOOTS him after that post...lol. Because it'll most certainly be on your shoulders. Can ya' take it? (lol...though so) B|

--
A conservative is just a liberal who's been mugged. A liberal is just a conservative who's been to jail

I'm not saying the police should look the other way if something happens, but they should take strictly a reactionary position.

For this particular group?

That's still favouritism based on the type of speech.

This:

And this:

And I, too, can't wait for Fred Phelps to die. Because the church will almost certainly die when he does.

Wendy P.

----------------------------------------------------------
For once I'd have to disagree with you Wendy. If you ever watch a youtube video of his daughters you would know that they are just as mind-fucked as he is...and he has passed his fucked up legacy onto the young ones which are being bred to live out his desires after his death. I personally think they all should be seperated...the young ones below 15 should be taken away to be rehabilitated and the older ones who are unwilling to change should be executed. They're worthless pieces of shit that deserve what that unfortunate judge had happen to him.

For this particular group?

That's still favouritism based on the type of speech.

How is that favoritism? Anyone can say anything they want, but they have to deal with the consequences, just as the person who reacts to them has to do.

Currently groups like this hide behind law enforcement and use them as protection. If they only enforced versus trying to protect,this issue would have died out years ago as these idiots would get tired of being beat up, even if some did get convicted of assault.

And I will defend the right to kick these fuckers asses if I ever see them in my town....Why doesnt some 'nutjob' just fucking firebomb these assholes instead....

This is the same "spirit" shared with the WBC...

Can you not see the relation?
Your secrets are the true reflection of who you really are...

With all due respect sir, I'm having a little trouble buying your story.

It reminds me of a bad student/independant film where the director/editor failed to establish the propper rapport between the main characters and the audience.

First...In your plot, the world seems to be over populated with speed demon christians that bombard the roadways cutting everybody off and flipping them the bird and flashing pictures of bloody fetuses. It is so overbearing that it causes the main character to grow so exasperated and weary that it leads him to abandon his faith.

Second...Your character sounds like he doesn't want to identify with christianity because it is all about dead babies and giving people the finger as they try to brainwash you while confined in a straight jacket.

The third reason I'm not buying the story is that it almost seems analogous to saying "I quit identifying with being a good person because there was this one guy who said he was a good person, but one day he got really ticked off at somebody and told them to piss off!"

But see...I don't think that's who our audience wants. I think they want a man who is solid in his convictions...who is steadfast and stands firm. They don't want somebody that's so easily swayed by a couple nutjobs as to negate his whole belief system....However, I think I'm starting to divert a little too much from the essence of the character you oringinally proposed.

So here is my professional opinion. I think it would be a more believable plot if the main character altogether just didn't identify with christianity. He simply just doesn't believe. But rather than being comfortably confident in that mind set, there is a struggle deep within the receses of his mind. There is something naggin him...a vexation that is causing him to become more and more uneasy about his disbelief...and he hates it...he wants it gone! So instead of reconciling this concern with the postive aspects of christianity, he dwells on any and every negative aspect that can be even remotely associated with christianity so that he can simply feel better about his disbelief.

...Now this is your film, this is your baby. I'm simply a consaultant that's been in this business for 15 years...but if you like what we have to say and would like to see our ideas of your masterpiece come alive on the silver screen, we have a very large network of some very talented directors and production staff that can have this rolling out on the red carpet this time next year.

Just make the check payable to Dr. Coreece at Divine interceptation media consultation and I'll have Andy and Lawrocket take care of the rest.

Regards...

(btw, I'm not trying to be a smart ass...I'm just projecting my boredom with being an editor. I think I want to get back into the pre-production aspect of the entertainment business...you know, the big collaboration meetings and brainstorming sessions...just making shit happen. Hopefully my point didn't get too diluted and that you found it a tad entertaining?)

:D

WOW! Well stated sir. I am blessed to see that you are back on the cutting edge again.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.