jclalor

Arizona Congresswoman, shot in the head

It's OK, Mike, your 2nd Amendment Solutions are likely to survive.

6 dead and a Congresswoman critically injured are just collateral damage.

Has it occurred to you that your "legal definition" of being a nutter may be deficient? The shooter was clearly a nutter, as was the VTech shooter and countless others who had no trouble getting firearms.

Sane people don't open fire on crowds.

so how do we determine which people are going to open fire on the crowds? Where's your future crime machine?

Did you look at his youtube channel? Suspect was obviously a nutter.

So, you advocate that the government spy on the citizens?
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Show the stats for the number of guns purchased by people adjudicated mentally deficient or admitted to mental hospitals, thanks.

You know that number would be impossible to acquire, given the number of gun shows, where background checks are not required.
I'm not sure how sales are handled in most States. Here in Missouri, anyone can walk into a gun show and walk out with an arsenal. Not one time being asked any questions. Sales are considered a private transaction. Just that simple to circumvent any restriction a person may have on them.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_shows_in_the_United_States

Edit for link
"...And once you're gone, you can't come back
When you're out of the blue and into the black."
Neil Young

A musician who knew Laughner in high school starts tweeting about it. Witness the speed of news in the Twitter era.

5:09: Saying Jared Laughner was the gunman. Really hoping that's not the same guy I went to HS with, really good friend. Freaking out right now!!!

5:09: Official I went to high school & college, & was in a band w/ the gunman. I can't even fathom this right now.

5:32: He was a political radical & met Giffords once before in '07, asked her a question & he told me she was "stupid & unintelligent"

5:34 he was a pot head & into rock like Hendrix,The Doors, Anti-Flag. I haven't seen him in person since '07 in a sign language class

5:36 As I knew him he was left wing, quite liberal. & oddly obsessed with the 2012 prophecy.

5:40 he had a lot of friends until he got alcohol poisoning in '06, & dropped out of school. Mainly loner very philosophical.

6:09 This is a circus. Good Morning America just called me.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/blogs/wei...ie-parker.aspx

Looks like he was a liberal whacko.

Doesn't change the fact that our political discourse in this country needs to be readjusted.

What, no screeds about the left wing advocating violence?

You certainly changed your tune once you found out he wasn't a right-winger.
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

so how do we determine which people are going to open fire on the crowds? Where's your future crime machine?

Are you saying that the system we have in place now works?

The system that we have in place today keeps people who have been adjudicated mentally defective or have been committed to a mental institution from possessing guns.

nice way to avoid the question. Cho, this event, and many others show that the "system" you so stoutly defend simply does NOT work.

6 dead just today. IMO the enablers who defend a clearly nonfunctioning system bear much of the blame.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

It's OK, Mike, your 2nd Amendment Solutions are likely to survive.

6 dead and a Congresswoman critically injured are just collateral damage.

Has it occurred to you that your "legal definition" of being a nutter may be deficient? The shooter was clearly a nutter, as was the VTech shooter and countless others who had no trouble getting firearms.

Sane people don't open fire on crowds.

How long was that website up?

Why didn't you report him to the authorities? After all that is your self appointed duty, is it not?
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Show the stats for the number of guns purchased by people adjudicated mentally deficient or admitted to mental hospitals, thanks.

You know that number would be impossible to acquire, given the number of gun shows, where background checks are not required.
I'm not sure how sales are handled in most States. Here in Missouri, anyone can walk into a gun show and walk out with an arsenal. Not one time being asked any questions. Sales are considered a private transaction. Just that simple to circumvent any restriction a person may have on them.

John likes to spin out this little fantasy about someone walking into a gun store, drooling and muttering, and being sold a gun. How many people do YOU know who would to sell a gun to someone who obviously has mental issues? I can't think of a one - but in kallend's dream world, they're evidently everywhere. Must be that telepathy machine, where he can what their mental state was at the time they bought the gun.

Most states don't require a background check for private sales, that's true - however, that doesn't prevent private sellers from doing the transaction at a gun shop and having a background check run on the purchaser.

None of the above is going to deny a sale to someone that has not already been flagged in the system - THAT is the point that John so conveniently ignores when these threads come up.
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Edit for link

Mike likes to ask for stats that he's knows perfectly well do not and cannot exist.

Regardless, we DO know that 6 people are dead today, thanks to a nutcase with a gun who was enabled by weak existing laws and their lax enforcement.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

http://takebackthe19.com/

Congratulations Palin!

ROTFLMAO

Holy Crap - I missed this -

How can you possibly find this funny.
I bet you wouldn't be grinning so big if it was a family member, would you?

Let me make it clear.

I find no humor in the fact that innocent people have died. I do however find it humorous that palin's official take back the 20 site, which featured cross mark targeting and statements about reloading has been taken down, while this site pointing out the absurdity of their previous position is now up.

It's disgusting to me that people had to die for the right wing fanatics leadership to realize that they have been instigating violence for their own benefit.

Edit for link

Did you read your own link?

50%-75% of the sellers are licensed dealers who are required to perform the backround checks, fill out the forms and wait out any required waiting period.
A lot of the non-dealers (private sellers) are collectors selling fairly high-priced stuff.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

The system that we have in place today keeps people who have been adjudicated mentally defective or have been committed to a mental institution from possessing guns.

nice way to avoid the question. Cho, this event, and many others show that the "system" you so stoutly defend simply does NOT work.

6 dead just today. IMO the enablers who defend a clearly nonfunctioning system bear much of the blame.

What changes do you think should be made to have a system that functions well (the goal being to keep guns out of the hands of nutcases ...however that is defined.)

So, show the proof where Cho and Loughner were declared mentally incompetent or admitted to mental institutions.

Oh, that's right - you CAN'T. So your whining about the system not working is your usual bullshit.

Well, you know what they say about opinions - they're just like assholes, everyone has one and most of them stink.

Some more than others.

Maybe you should get back to work on that telepathy machine so we'll know who's going to go off the rails and when.
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Edit for link

Mike likes to ask for stats that he's knows perfectly well do not and cannot exist.

Regardless, we DO know that 6 people are dead today, thanks to a nutcase with a gun who was enabled by weak existing laws and their lax enforcement.

And almost twice as many with a government issued gun. Lets ban Government!:S
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama

Edit for link

And you like to claim failures where no proof exists or where the law doesn't apply.

More lies from kallend - unless, of course (and as REPEATEDLY asked) you provide the PROOF that Loughner was adjudicated mentally defective or admitted to a mental institution before he bought the gun.
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Show me where any left wing politician has advocated gun violence against their political foes.

The "advocated gun violence " you refer to is tantamount to me pointing a finger gun at my computer screen and making a '"Pew" sound while acting like my thumb was the gun hammer.

Show me where any left wing politician has advocated gun violence against their political foes.

The "advocated gun violence " you refer to is tantamount to me pointing a finger gun at my computer screen and making a '"Pew" sound while acting like my thumb was the gun hammer.

bullshit.

Cross marks just like from a rifle scope, telling voters to "reload", talking about second amendment solutions, openly carrying at political rallies, etc...

I'm saying that the system you apparently want which seems to be "don't let anyone have a gun who might ever use it to kill another person" is not implementable without an out-right ban which is not constitutional.

I think that our system keeps those defined by the "system" as nutjobs from buying weapons from a licensed firearms dealer.
--
Rob

http://takebackthe19.com/

Congratulations Palin!

ROTFLMAO

What the fuck is wrong with you? You find it funny that people have died?

Get over yourself.

Of course not.

so you admit you made a stupid post to begin with?
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

Edit for link

Again
what you advocate is gun bans for anyone (as picked by you) who you think should not have any kind of weapon. glad you are the new decider
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

did you get a doctor's diagnosis on that one? Or is that your professional medical opinion??

So now you want to remove someone's constitutional rights without any due process whatsoever because of what they post online somewhere??
--
Rob

You're kidding yourself if you expect any semblance of an answer or any logical suggestions on how to do this.
It would appear he expects our government to mind read us and snatch us in the middle of our insane planes to kill everyone.
:S
He seems to refuse to admit that it is impossible to predict future mental issues that result in murder, no matter the weapon of choice.

You're kidding yourself if you expect an semblance of an answer or any logical suggestions on how to do this.
It would appear he expects our government to mind read us and snatch us in the middle of our insane planes to kill everyone.
He seems to refuse to admit that it is impossible to predict future mental issues that result in murder, no matter the weapon of choice.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/ny_crime/2009/07/16/2009-07-16_teen_brutally_stabbed_to_death_with_screwdriver.html

. . . But he seemed fine until he stabbed the guy . . .

There should be at least a three day waiting period on screwdrivers.

You're kidding yourself if you expect an semblance of an answer or any logical suggestions on how to do this.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/ny_crime/2009/07/16/2009-07-16_teen_brutally_stabbed_to_death_with_screwdriver.html

. . . But he seemed fine until he stabbed the guy . . .

There should be at least a three day waiting period on screwdrivers.

But, but ...what if something needs screwing right now?!?