dj123

Republicans have a history of hating Freedom

Republican George Bush enacted the "Patriot Act" which attempted to make it look as if the government had some authority to usurp your Natural Rights.

Farther in the past, republican president Abraham Lincoln sent an enormous number of men to their death to ensure that the southern States couldn't exercise their Freedom ,the Freedom to choose their alliances and their government as the Divine Architect ntended .

Yes,
the republican party has a historical record against Freedom.

Fair Winds and Unlimited Ceilings through Enlightenment and Understanding,

"Treetop" a.k.a. LORD OF THE SKY

Bill Clinton signed the Brady Bill which banned certain firearms just because they look like military weapons.
FDR imprisoned thousands of Americans just because they had Japanese parents.
Hatred of freedom knows no party lines.
HAMMER:
Originally employed as a weapon of war, the hammer nowadays is used as a
kind of divining rod to locate the most expensive parts adjacent the
object we are trying to hit.

[replyHatred of freedom knows no party lines.

Well you are right about that , Belgian Draft.

Infact I contend that all governments abhor Freedom.

The whole party thing is just a tool implemented to divide "We the People"

Fair Winds and Unlimited Ceilings
through Enlightenment and Understanding,

So if he's right you must be wrong.
Please don't dent the planet.

Destinations by Roxanne

So if he's right you must be wrong.

logic FAIL

The old "divide and conquer" trick...works every time. Until the conquered wake up anyway.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

Republican George Bush enacted the "Patriot Act" which attempted to make it look as if the government had some authority to usurp your Natural Rights.

Farther in the past, republican president Abraham Lincoln sent an enormous number of men to their death to ensure that the southern States couldn't exercise their Freedom ,the Freedom to choose their alliances and their government as the Divine Architect ntended .

Yes,
the republican party has a historical record against Freedom.

Fair Winds and Unlimited Ceilings through Enlightenment and Understanding,

Your examples wallow in a vast sea of lameness.

Why didn't Obama and the dem congress change/repeal the Patriot Act? Obama continued so many of the policies of Bush, exactly the policies that Obama and lib leaders in congress cried about so much.
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

Lots of times people will do things as a bargaining chip, in order to get something they want. IE Republicans making new gun laws, etc etc. You can always find data that supports what you think........

Did you know that the Democrats started the KKK, and initially their enemies were Republicans?

Lots of times people will do things as a bargaining chip, in order to get something they want. IE Republicans making new gun laws, etc etc. You can always find data that supports what you think........

Did you know that the Democrats started the KKK, and initially their enemies were Republicans?

I would consider myself a Republican and the KKK is my enemy.
Guess it still holds true.:)
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Its really sucks that they did not stay where they were.. but they did not want to be in a party with Johnson and his including all those blacks ibnto the Great Society. The Republican Party was once great... but that was over 40 years ago now.

And to Clint.. but they and the C of CC have been welcomed with VERY open arms by your party in that Big WHITE Circus Tent... you can have the fucking low life trailer trash in your new party of failed American Values.

Distressing and rather obtuse (or is it dishonest?) spin of history. To state the obvious, there's a difference between "Southern bigots who started the KKK in the 1860s, who were Democrats" and "the Democrats." You insult the intelligence of anyone who knows the basics of US history.

Lincoln spins in his crypt for how you prostitute his legacy.

>The old "divide and conquer" trick...works every time. Until the conquered wake up anyway.

No conquering involved. We are getting exactly the government we ask for - and the government we deserve.

Conquered...and divided we fall. Isn't it a pity that we are getting what we are getting? I'm not sure we really deserve what we're getting.

I hate to think that "we" are asking for what we are getting. In fact, I don't believe that's true at all.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

Sorry, SOME democrats wanted to kill ALL Republican voters. My bad.

My neighborhood's about 50/50 Dem vs Repub. We have a neighbor who left her husband and divorced him. He stayed in the house. They remained cordial; they just couldn't live together any more. Relevant to this story (see below), she's an active Republican. Anyhow, about a year later, maybe about 6 months into the Obama Admin, she lost her job, and couldn't find a new one. She could no longer afford her own place so, reluctantly I guess, she moved back into the house with her now-ex-husband.

Now she no longer speaks to those of us in the neighborhood who she knows to be Democrats. Here's her reasoning: Obama getting elected is the reason the economy's shitty; the shitty economy is why she lost her job; people who are Democrats put Obama into office with their votes. Therefore, all her Democratic neighbors are personally responsible for her misery.

Oh, did I mention she's a little nuts?

>The old "divide and conquer" trick...works every time. Until the conquered wake up anyway.

No conquering involved. We are getting exactly the government we ask for - and the government we deserve.

I must agree, we are getting exactly the government we asked for. Sometimes we even get what we demand, kind of sad sometimes. I once told myself I needed a new car, never considered the cost involved at the time, hard lesson to learn.

>I hate to think that "we" are asking for what we are getting. In fact, I
>don't believe that's true at all.

Sure it is. We want lots of stuff - wars, healthcare plans, highways, veterans benefits and safe air travel. And when we want them we want them NOW. So we get poorly planned wars, the TSA, and shoddy infrastructure.

Then when the bill comes due we don't want to pay it. So we borrow and borrow, and get ourselves into massive debt.

>I hate to think that "we" are asking for what we are getting. In fact, I
>don't believe that's true at all.

Sure it is. We want lots of stuff - wars, healthcare plans, highways, veterans benefits and safe air travel. And when we want them we want them NOW. So we get poorly planned wars, the TSA, and shoddy infrastructure.

Then when the bill comes due we don't want to pay it. So we borrow and borrow, and get ourselves into massive debt.

I'm rubbing my eyes, I think I read it correctly, and I still agree with it. Must be a New Year:)

No, that was as bipartisan as it gets with a near unanimous senate and solid veto-proof house vote.

98 out of 100 senators voted for the act, with only one against and one abstaining.

357 out of 432 representatives were in favor, 66 against, and 9 abstaining.

The Republican and Democratic parties are both for higher corporate profits. They both run candidates from the elite financial class who give up a lot of money in private industry for a lot more power when they take office which leads to a more powerful and expensive federal government. Individual rights are overlooked and sacrificed to get there.

Grousing about differences between the two parties serves only to keep people from noticing that the two parties are rather alike and doing something about it (like Proportional representation in states where citizens can amend their constitution via ballot initiative).

It doesn't get any clearer or simpler than that... no matter which side of the aisle you choose.
Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.

Must I say it again?

Democrats want to take my money, tell me how to live my life and give my money to those who make them rich, keep them in power and think like them.

Republicans want to take my money, tell me how to live my life and give my money to those who make them rich, keep them in power and think like them.
I know it just wouldnt be right to kill all the stupid people that we meet..

But do you think it would be appropriate to just remove all of the warning labels and let nature take its course.

Republicans have a history of hating Freedom

I'm only replying because it's so funny for us that they here are partying in extasy for your pain...we've made so much money over the decades that the guarantees we bother to even bet have been legitimize to be false.....:D;)

Edit:

I don't even have to speak in proper inglish.....:D:D

who am I?

Seriously?

:D
Your secrets are the true reflection of who you really are...

Must I say it again?

Democrats want to take my money, tell me how to live my life and give my money to those who make them rich, keep them in power and think like them.

Republicans want to take my money, tell me how to live my life and give my money to those who make them rich, keep them in power and think like them.

You got it right davjohns.
Hey .., ! I recognize your photo from a future bulletin board at the Post Office!!

Fair Winds and Unlimited Ceilings,

That is pretty fucked up. Maybe some of the dems in the neighborhood look at her and think all Repubs are like that, and the gap gets larger.

Today's Republicans are not really Republicans in the classic sense, everyone in power now wants a bigger government. Ugh.

Vote Libertarian!! ;)

P.S. I had only recently learned about the Dems and KKK thing, I was surprised as fuck! You always see people comparing hick rednecks to the KKK, and it is easy to think that right wingers are more racist (keep things the way they were, ie slavery, etc etc) while dems push for equality.

That is pretty fucked up. Maybe some of the dems in the neighborhood look at her and think all Repubs are like that, and the gap gets larger.

No; everyone in the hood realizes she's borderline mentally ill. Sad, actually.

P.S. I had only recently learned about the Dems and KKK thing, I was surprised as fuck! You always see people comparing hick rednecks to the KKK, and it is easy to think that right wingers are more racist (keep things the way they were, ie slavery, etc etc) while dems push for equality.

There's a huge difference between the Democrats and Republicans of the post-civil war 1860's and those parties as they've existed in the modern 20th & 21st Centuries. There's also a huge difference between the racist, pro-segregation, socially-conservative Southern Democrats ("Dixiecrats") in the mid-20th Century - basically, the legacy of the 19th Century Southern Democrats - and the rest of the Democratic party (the moderates and liberals). The old-fashioned, pro-segregation, socially-conservative Southern and Bible-Belt Democrats started moving to Republican when they voted for Nixon in droves in 1968; and that shift became permanent with the 1980 election of Reagan.

With the exception of the Dixiecrats, the current Democratic and Republican parties didn't assume their modern-day ideological characteristics (and divisions) until the early 20th Century.