wayneflorida

From China with love - the mysterious missle

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2010/11/09/national/main7036716.shtml

Quote from Robert Ellsworth
>>When asked, however, what he thought it might be, the former ambassador said it could possibly have been a missile test timed as a demonstration of American military might as President Obama tours Asia.

"It could be a test-firing of an intercontinental ballistic missile from a submarine … to demonstrate, mainly to Asia, that we can do that," speculated Ellsworth.

Ellsworth said such tests were carried out in the Atlantic to demonstrate America's power to the Soviets, when there was a Soviet Union, but he doesn't believe an ICBM has previously been tested by the U.S. over the Pacific. <<<

Sorry but what a bunch of horse shit. Nuke subs with
nuke missles are a fact. This is not the 60's. If we wanted to make a statement we would light one off China's coast.

I agree with your reasoning.

But that begs the question. Since none of our own military, NASA, or anyone else claims to have fired that missile - what if it is a missile fired by China, or Iran? They could be sending a message that they have the capability to hit us from very close to home, with a nuclear missile, without us every knowing it's coming...

You talking about this??
If you're in Southern California this evening look towards the Vandenberg launch complex (which is Northwest for most folks) at 7:20 PM.

Live launch video here:

http://www.sanluisobispo.com/...elta-vandenberg.html

Note: The "canceled" message pertains to yesterday's attempted launch.

NickD

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Seems some news sorces can;t check out facts.. http://www.cbs8.com/...story.asp?S=13468118

But that begs the question. Since none of our own military, NASA, or anyone else claims to have fired that missile - what if it is a missile fired by China, or Iran? They could be sending a message that they have the capability to hit us from very close to home, with a nuclear missile, without us every knowing it's coming...

I agree. That's why I titled subject FROM instead of TO.
James Bond could take care of this.:)

But that is ok, according to POTUS, we can absor an attack right? California should not be worried, the fiercest liberals live there, I suppose they can defend themselves, just by "talking" to who ever press that darn button....;)
"According to some of the conservatives here, it sounds like it's fine to beat your wide - as long as she had it coming." -Billvon

if the military truly does not know, isn't that bad ?
sub-launched missiles can hit anywhere. this would be an admission that we are in danger from an unknown.

Maybe.
China sub approaches coast with two US attack subs
following. China launches missle. Why would you want to tell china that you had the ability to tail their sub. Best to just play dumb, maybe.

if the military truly does not know, isn't that bad ?

The Military knows how ridiculous the Media can be. I wouldn't worry about this.

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never know if they are genuine" - Abraham Lincoln